• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

...or mail in a 4x6 card with your name and address...

There are a lot of little kids in Kentucky who play VMK who will never get a chance to go to Disneyland to collect some of the "park-specific" cards. There are some in Idaho who will never ever get to WDW to collect some VMK cards there.

I would like to see an alternate way to acquire VMK code cards. Even when your favorite breakfast cereal has a prize in the box, they give you the option of sending a plain 4x6 card with your name and address to Battle Creek, Michigan to get a prize... even if you don't buy the cereal.

I'll probably never book a trip through Disney Vacations so there is little chance of me acquiring a Stitch Hat except by trading away stuff. OK. Lots of people enjoy that aspect of the game. BUT: Disneyland is a bit of an egalitarian place... wouldn't it be nice if VMK were too?

Would you like VMK to offer alternate ways to get VMK stuff? Example: you can go to the Animation Academy in DCA and get an Animators Desk... or... you can send a 4x6 card with your name and address printed in block letters to VMK Goodies, 123 Gimme Street, Tinkerbell, Wisconsin, 90123.

(Well, of course this whole thing is about ME getting stuff I might not otherwise be able to get. What did you think!? Still... I think it's an idea worth considering.)

Last edited by Tom Chaney; 06-19-2006 at 06:26 PM.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: ...or mail in a 4x6 card with your name and address...

I think this is a great idea! I know I would mail away for several of these prizes...unfortunately, that kind of defeats the "rare" idea that for some reason VMK feels is a part of life here. Why is the rare idea so important to VMK?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

I agree with yoyoflamingo. I would send away for items for me and my two boys, but if everybody had the same thing, your room or costume might not be special. Like in real life, we can't have things just given to us, we must earn them. I would love to have a diamond tennis bracelet but unless I want fake diamonds, it isn't going to happen. Now you can argue that VMK is a game and should not have "elitist" items, but I'm afraid that is how it has been set up. We could try to change it by writing to the people in charge of the game. Does anyone know an address that would work?

• We're number one!

Sad to see that this would never happen considering that VMK was created as a way to get more people to come to the parks. Plus people who paid to get into the parks get extra stuff. Seems fair to me considering that VMK is a free game.

• Banned User

They made the in game quests as a way to help with this problem. I doubt they will have some mail in or something similar any time soon as they are trying to get people to the parks.

I wonder however, could they make a deal with the Disney Store for some promotion....

I think the Disney Store would be a great alternative! It would get people into the store to buy stuff- which is what they want anyway. Why just at the parks?
    Died in 1720 ya know...

Checkout all my Disneyland photos
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/5198394...7625048447449/

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Yay! Thanks for that address. LOL

I do agree that there should be an alternative. I suppose in their mind they figure that you will trade for it but I mean really. Someone told me that the only way I could have their stitch hat was to give them my ENTIRE rare museum room items. I told them, yeah right, that will never happen.

I understand the need for rare items like inferno, at least you have a chance of getting that in game but not everyone can go to BOTH parks and get the items.