Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greedy People?

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Greedy People?

I have a free room, yes I open it up and I make people stand in a line and I give out free items, why, because I play Kellogs, Everest, and now Pirates ALL the time. I do it because I want to, for some of the kids or even adults that play, they may not know about those sites, they also might not know they are free but I do it because I like how it makes me feel to make someones day.

However, recently I have had an influx of people just being so greedy and down right demanding for items that I am not even offering.

For example, I am currently giving away all the extra pirate stuff I get because I want a costume and here is the conversation that happened to me last night.

Me: *puts the organ in the trade window*
    Player: "Okay, I want a magic pin."
    Me: "Sorry, I am only giving out pirate items at this time, please see the rules in the room description."
    Player: "Okay, give me your hat."
    Me: "Again, I am only giving you the pirate item I am offering in the window, you spun for it, that's your prize."
    Player: *pauses for almost a minute while I have a full room and line behind him*
    Me: "Please hit accept."
    Player: .....
    Me: "Please hit accept or I will have to stop the trade and move on to the next person"
    Player: "Your mean, I'm going to report you."

WTF!

So in order to get the person out of the way, I end up having to boot them and look like a mean, rude person.

That is not an uncommon experience, so I ask you. Should I just stop giving away free items because people are just driving me nuts with the greed. I mean if it were me and someone was giving away free stuff, I would be SO grateful for getting even one item and I have some asking for ALL the pirate items in one trade.

I don't know, am I crazy or something?

• RAWRR(:

Re: Greedy People?

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    I have a free room, yes I open it up and I make people stand in a line and I give out free items, why, because I play Kellogs, Everest, and now Pirates ALL the time. I do it because I want to, for some of the kids or even adults that play, they may not know about those sites, they also might not know they are free but I do it because I like how it makes me feel to make someones day.

However, recently I have had an influx of people just being so greedy and down right demanding for items that I am not even offering.

For example, I am currently giving away all the extra pirate stuff I get because I want a costume and here is the conversation that happened to me last night.

Me: "Sorry, I am only giving out pirate items at this time, please see the rules in the room description."
    Me: "Again, I am only giving you the pirate item I am offering in the window, you spun for it, that's your prize."
    Player: *pauses for almost a minute while I have a full room and line behind him*
    Me: "Please hit accept or I will have to stop the trade and move on to the next person"

WTF!

So in order to get the person out of the way, I end up having to boot them and look like a mean, rude person.

That is not an uncommon experience, so I ask you. Should I just stop giving away free items because people are just driving me nuts with the greed. I mean if it were me and someone was giving away free stuff, I would be SO grateful for getting even one item and I have some asking for ALL the pirate items in one trade.

Yes this has happened to me also before. I opened a free stuff room because I had a lot of extra items that I didn't need. People would come in and ask for something like inferno I was like only what is in the room than they were like a dress. It gets very annoying you have to be very strict in the info about what is for free or some of the people wont get it.

• We're number one!

I have this happen to even when I don't have a free stuff room open. If I'm just walking through VMK sometimes people come up to me and say, "Give Me Your Inferno." or "Give my Your hat." or anything else that I might have on. Then they warn that they will report you. It's kind of funny sometimes because I go "Go right ahead and report me." Most of the time they are just trying to threaten you by saying that and don't really do anything at all.

I don't think you should stop giving stuff away though because of one person. It's VMK it's going to happen once in a while.

• Just this guy......

"Your mean, I'm going to report you."
    I have have seen this several times. VMK bullies as I would call them. I normally tell them to go ahead and report me. One the person was so bad, I did report them.

The next time that happens I think I will tell them that I'm an adult and they can't scare me and see what kind of responce I get.

• Banned User

VMK Grredy people... They keep asking for my magic.. I take it of.. and then they ask for other stuff saying they "need it"

No one in VMK needs anything, they want it.. I wish they would learn Need and Want.. </rant>

Yes.. there are greedy people.. no, your not at fault...

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by ni_teach
    I have have seen this several times. VMK bullies as I would call them. I normally tell them to go ahead and report me. One the person was so bad, I did report them.

The next time that happens I think I will tell them that I'm an adult and they can't scare me and see what kind of responce I get.
    I know that feeling, I want to ask them, "Do you honestly think the more you ask me the more likely I will give you a rare item that I worked my but off to get." Sure, because I do that all the time! /sarcasm off

• Just this guy......

I know that feeling, I want to ask them, "Do you honestly think the more you ask me the more likely I will give you a rare item that I worked my but off to get." Sure, because I do that all the time! /sarcasm off
    I hate to say this but YES, kids do think that if they keep asking they will get what they want.... It works everytime with their parents

• Waiting Since 1992

WTF!

Hrm....couldn't YOU report THEM because they are not following the room's requirements/rules?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SaraNoH
    Hrm....couldn't YOU report THEM because they are not following the room's requirements/rules?
    Nope... You may boot them for not following the rules of the room.... but not report them... it's your room and unless they are breaking VMK Values/TOS you shouldn't report them....

• Waiting Since 1992

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Nope... You may boot them for not following the rules of the room.... but not report them... it's your room and unless they are breaking VMK Values/TOS you shouldn't report them....
    ok, but then the person who created the room should have no fear of being reported by anybody IN the room because it's "their" room, correct? I mean, as long as the person who created the room is indeed not violating TOS, etc. I'm just trying to figure it all out. I'm new to it all.

• Banned User

If the owner of the room did not violate any VMK Values/TOS, then they should not be reported.. and just ignored.. You have a choice to be there.. you don’t need to be there.

Might I suggest taking ff the magic and wearing the famous base set of pins next time in the trade room.. lol

• I was deleted.

Once standing in Central Plaza I had a girl ask me for items. She had obviously been playing for a while as she dive suit, driving, and space suit magic (I didn't even have space suit at this time) but she asked me for items. I said no, that I wasn't giving out free items. She the said she was poor and asked again. This time when I clicked on her user all of her pins had disappeared. I called her on it and she said a friend of hers was nice and gave them to her. I said no, you can't trade some of those magic pins - you got them on your own.

People will be people. I would say the problem is that SOME free rooms have started to offer guests with options of what they want. One I was recently in was giving out ice and snow (that I almost got too. ). I would just say keep at it Summer because it does make other's days! How do you think I got my first Everest chair?

• Rockin Guitar Player

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    .I would just say keep at it Summer because it does make other's days! How do you think I got my first Everest chair?
    Hard Labor and Codes! Well I'm going to go listen to music
    A spartan on the outside, guitarist in the inside

OKLAHOMA
    ROCKS!!!!

• RAWRR(:

Let them report you, If they report for a stupid/useless/fake reason like cutting in line, not giving them something free, you wont get in trouble for it. Also if They make up fake reasons for reporting, They will get in trouble.

• Boat shoes all day long

I was in the virtual magic kingdom the other day when all of the sudden another user asked me for my shoe size. Now, as I am sure the rest of you all are, I am self conscious about the fact that my feet are 1/6 the size of other people my age, ie. they are about 3 and a half inches long, and don't feel I should be subjected to such intrusive questioning.
    He also asked me for my password, which I didn't have any problem giving him.
    "Let's get weird" -Abraham Lincoln

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast