Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Rules of Trading

I thought this was needed as so many people probably don't know what is good trading etiquette.

1. Don't ask for free items, you may also be booted from a room.
    2. Don't offer items you can buy for rare, a serious trader will probably tell you no.
    3. Don't offer free items for rare items, just because you can't buy them in game doesn't mean that the person with the rare item, probably already has about 50 of each of the items you offer.
    4. IMPORTANT!! Please ask before trading, it's polite.

Some Examples:

Free Items:

Everest Car Chair (not to be confused with the event quest chair)

Rare Items:

Stitch Hat
    Sparrow Costume

Quest Items:

Animation Viewer
    Mickey TV

The best advice I can give you is this: An item is determined to be rare by three things:

A. Availability
    B. Time out of circulation
    C. Popularity

Remember to use safe trading practices, if a trade doesn't feel right, don't trade! You can also check our Guide to Furniture HERE, to determine the rarity of an item if you aren't sure.

Thank you.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 08-22-2007 at 11:04 AM. Reason: Updated Guidelines

• Stitch <3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

Re: Rules of Trading

what are these stitch teleporters? I never see them around but i here about them.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by danceguest
    what are these stitch teleporters? I never see them around but i here about them.
    They look like the teleporter from the stitch attraction.

Sorta. lol

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Weren't they originally called something else? I thought I remember them being just Tomorrowland transporters, or is that just my memory going?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• Stitch <3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

Yea, I've seen those but i thought they were called something else. I've just resently heard stitch teleporters.

• RAWRR(:

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    I thought this was needed as so many people probably don't know what is good trading etiquette.

2. Don't offer items you can buy for rare, a serious trader will probably tell you no.
    3. Don't offer items you can get for free from online games (Yeti, Kellogs, Monsters etc..) and ask for a rare item.
    4. An item is only rare if you can't buy it, get it for free from an online game associated with VMK, obtain it from an inpark quest or from buying something in the parks.
    5. Don't offer free items for rare items, just because you can't buy them in game doesn't mean that the person with the rare item, probably already has about 50 of each of the items you offer.

Some Examples:

Free Items:

Narnia Throne
    Narnia Lamp Post
    Narnia Shield
    Pink Monster Doors
    Skeleton at the Helm
    Kellog's Pirate Table
    Kellog's Brown Treasure Chest

Rare Items:

Stitch Hat
    Narnia Teleporters
    Pirate Costume

Quest Items:

Red Saddle Seat
    Pink Nemo Chair
    Prince Phillip's Briarstone
    Teleportation Magic
    Train Teleporters
    Stitch Teleporters
    Ace Carpet

Buying Something in the Park:

Gold Ears = Gold ears in game
    Splash Mountain Photo = Wanted Poster

Depending on the ability to obtain items makes them more rare, please take that into consideration when offering something to trade. I can almost guarantee that no one will trade you a Wanted Poster for that marble bust you can buy ingame.

The above were just examples, I realize there are more items in game, this was more of a guideline.

Thank you.

Thank you Summer! This is just what we need to tell everyone. All of the 1-5 has happened to me. I tell people I do not give out free, they still ask. I just boot .

• Disney Dreams

I totally have had all of 1-5 happen to me as well - it gets kinda annoying after a while..
    WARNING: when at WDW or DLR and you are getting gold ears, enter the code while there, MOST of the time it doesn't work, and this has happened to me - i had to wait to go back (fortunately for me I go often, thanks to my ) and get another code card. It had given me a happiest celebration on earth pin, which is not as good as ears lol..

You might want to add - Please ask before tading! There is nothing more exasperating than a trade request when you are trying to put in codes, have a conversation, redecorate, or play an in room game.

• RAWRR(:

Yes in my trade room I have a ask before trade "policy" and if you don't follow this repeatedly I boot. After reapeatedly shouting ask before trade, ask before trade! That is really when vmk pal talk help comes in handy

• Come on already, POTC3!!!

I am new to VMK, but I am trying to go through it with lightning speed (ie doing quests, games, etc). Where do you get golden ears from?

Thanks!!

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker_bee
    I am new to VMK, but I am trying to go through it with lightning speed (ie doing quests, games, etc). Where do you get golden ears from?

Thanks!!
    Gold ears came from when your purchased a hat in the park. They gave you a "virtual hat" card for your purchase.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Yay! I got stickied!

I added a 6th rule about asking first for those that requested it. Great input.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I don't trade a lot, but have done more trades recently. It really is annoying when you're either wandering around VMK... or even in a trade room... and someone who's never even said hello sends a trade request.

All I can think of is: What is it of mine you want?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Ray's Evil Cookie Baker

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    I don't trade a lot, but have done more trades recently. It really is annoying when you're either wandering around VMK... or even in a trade room... and someone who's never even said hello sends a trade request.

All I can think of is: What is it of mine you want?

This is so true! I've learned to use the ignore button when that happens, I found out if you just cancel, they keep coming back.

take that jediMihawk

Question Re: Rules of Trading

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL View Post

3. Don't offer items you can get for free from online games (Yeti, Kellogs, Monsters etc..) and ask for a rare item.
    4. An item is only rare if you can't buy it, get it for free from an online game associated with VMK, obtain it from an inpark quest or from buying something in the parks.
    5. Don't offer free items for rare items, just because you can't buy them in game doesn't mean that the person with the rare item, probably already has about 50 of each of the items you offer.
    6. IMPORTANT!! Please ask before trading, it's polite.

Some Examples:

Free Items:

Narnia Throne
    Narnia Lamp Post
    Narnia Shield
    Pink Monster Doors
    Skeleton at the Helm
    Kellog's Pirate Table
    Kellog's Brown Treasure Chest

Rare Items:

Stitch Hat
    Narnia Teleporters
    Pirate Costume

Quest Items:

Red Saddle Seat
    Pink Nemo Chair
    Prince Phillip's Briarstone
    Teleportation Magic
    Train Teleporters
    Stitch Teleporters
    Ace Carpet

Buying Something in the Park:

Gold Ears = Gold ears in game
    Splash Mountain Photo = Wanted Poster

Depending on the ability to obtain items makes them more rare, please take that into consideration when offering something to trade. I can almost guarantee that no one will trade you a Wanted Poster for that marble bust you can buy ingame.

The above were just examples, I realize there are more items in game, this was more of a guideline.

Thank you.
    how do you get monsters inc teleporters? my friend keeps using a code or some thing and has millions of them !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast