• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Why Can't I Lower the Water or Raise the land in my RCT3 park??

Okay I have a HUGE problem. You see right next to one of my mountains is a big area full of water that goes beyond my property lines. Enough water, that if I drained it I could have enough room to fit a few more rides/themed area. But I am still working on my park in the Scenario Editor Mode and it WILL NOT let me drain my water or raise my land. So now that area is useless and I can not do anything I wanted to with it. Why can't I lower the water or raise the land?

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: Why Can't I Lower the Water or Raise the land in my RCT3 park??

Hmm. I have had water in a huge lake that I decided to empty. I just right cliked on the water and it went down a level at a time until there was a hole, then you should be able to level the land. Raising the land after making a hole is hard, but it can be done. There is a tool somewhere in the landscaping (shovel) tool and allows you to level land for attractions/buildings/props. I used it a lot on my HP park to level the mountain for Hogwarts Castle.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Yes, but you see when I used all the shoveling tools, nothing happened. When I clicked on the "Water" tab, and clicked on the area of water I wanted lowered, that did not lower either.

• Still lost in Neverland

I had that problem at first as well. The water is alive. You have to click in just the right spot for it to lower, then click in the right spot again to lower more, because if you click wrong, it will fill up again. It can be maddening, but if you find the right spots, it will empty right out. I had a moat around the castle that fed into a huge lake. I tried to do something in the moat and found out it needed to be wider or deeper or something. I thought I was going to kill someone trying to get the water to lower, then all of a sudden I just clicked on the right spot and it started to lower. Took a while, but it finally got done. Be patient, it will work.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I will give it a few more shots when I get around to building on that area, otherwise it will be a water world themed area