Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• insufferable know-it-all

RCT3 is driving me nuts!

I'm having the hardest time using this version. For starters, not being able to rotate around my "whole park" view means that I'm building things I can't even see. I'm also having a really difficult time with paths, as they sometimes decide that they want to go a different way than I want them to. Is anybody else wishing they'd used the same interface as RCT2?

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Re: RCT3 is driving me nuts!

you can rotate around your park, just click down on the little thing in between you two mouse buttons, and turn your mouse while still holding down the button, there is another way to do this too, I'll see if I can remember it.

•   
    • debating what to put here

Patience, grasshopper. The new controls do take a bit of getting used to, especially the path control. Once you get the hang of it, you'll be fine. I highly recommend the various tutorials.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• Grumpy old man

Paths annoyed me the most. Still getting used to that funky tool.

I think I finally have the camera controls down.

It was a big shock from RCT2 to 3. I'm glad they made improvements and all, but a lot of RCT2 was fine the way it was.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Morri, did you get to mess around with all the stuff I told you about yesterday yet?

The thing that drives me nuts is the slowness. About 6 times in two hours, I had to take the game out while it was still running and shut down the computer by pushing the power button. I was recording the queue area of my Haunted Mansion Go-Karts ride, which is usually done without hassle. But I only got halfway through the queue wile recording and gave up because nothing was happening or moving.

I have those good days with the game and I have those bad days.

WHEN WILL THEY RELEASE THE PATCH THAT FIXES THE SLOWNESS???

anyway, don't get me wrong, I still like RCT3, but I wonder why they made it. Yes they included a lot of the features we requested, but I think this was a bad way to kill off the RCT3 franchise unfortunatly .

• Banned User

Yeah...it could use a lot of work..

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I think the only thing that really should have been given more time to be worked out was the slowness factor. It takes a while to learn, but once you get use to it, it becomes quite simple. I remember that for the first few days I had it, I was just learning how to do things, but no less than a week later, I already built my own builing, recorded my ride, etc. and now I am very much into the swing of things and adding much details into my parks just like I did with RCT2.

There are those days where I just wish RCT3 was not made, but then there are those days where I am glad it was.

Believe me, I think that once you get the hang of the game, it will be more easire for ya .

BTW, were you able to try out all the things I told you about Morri? Plus were you able to figure out how to get your own music to play in the parks?

I *finally* figured out that the changing rooms are the "entrance" for pools. Pools were driving me nuts!

Can you not purchase land for Vanilla Hills? I've tried and I always get red squares!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Yeah, I did get my own music figured out, as well as being able to spin the landmass (SOOOOO helpful!)

Even built my own coaster, though all my coasters suck royally, as a general rule. I do love being able to "ride" the rides.

Here's something I noticed: I can build buildings over my tracks such that the coaster literally goes through walls... seems strange, that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

I never played that scenario, but I guess you can't. In some scenarios though, if you complete the task, more land opens up.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Yeah, I did get my own music figured out, as well as being able to spin the landmass (SOOOOO helpful!)

Even built my own coaster, though all my coasters suck royally, as a general rule. I do love being able to "ride" the rides.

Here's something I noticed: I can build buildings over my tracks such that the coaster literally goes through walls... seems strange, that.
    Yes that is also cool. I have stuff like that in my new Haunted Mansion Go Karts ride.

What is "Spin the Land Mass"?

Here is what I like about RCT3. You see after you record the video, the ride moves smoother when you watch it on Windows media player than when you are actually riding it on the game .

Hey did you check out my railroad ride yet in the Rosewood thread Morri? I think you may like it.

Nah I keep forgetting to check when I have time from home (and of course, I'm late getting to bed now so it'll have to wait again.

I finally passed tycoon level on Vanilla Hills. It took an extra pool to get my park value that last thousand or two. Stupid bloody pools, drive me nuts!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Reference Picture:

FYI: A good tip while playing the scenarios, is that sometimes, things (such as path litter/vomit, lines, hunger/thirst) will get out of hand. So, it's good to 'close' your park for a few days to get the mess straighend out. Just close all rides, shops, polls, and animal viewing galleries (Click 1, then Click 3 for each category, and then 4 to Open/Close). Then, close the park. With nothing to do, all peeps will quickly exit (after grouping up). Now, fix the problem. When your done, re-open the park and attractions.

You will find you guest level to be about what it was open. The reason for this, is because in RCT3, each thing is 'worth' a number of entering peeps, from a base value (+/- depending on items such as: Cost, Popularity, Upkeep, Value, Gs, Length, Awards, Etc.). So a coaster worth $50,000 might be worth 30-40 peeps. A small ride might be worth 10-20 peeps, a shop is 5-10, and scenery is worth about 1 (promotions add more to the 'peep count'). Plus, their satisfaction (park rating) value increases/decreases your peep 'count'.

So if you close the park, the current peeps leave, but you're 'peep count' number remains, so opening the gates bring back the people. It makes sence over the 'randomly generated based on park rating' way of generation on RCT1&2. Also, if you build new things, but see no new peeps, then your 'peep count' is below what it is now, so check prices. A huge front-ticket price without any goods in the park (think DCA*) will not cause any people to generate.

Another tip: To speed up loading on attractions/cleaning up of items/security effectiveness/energy of mascots/poop cleanup/, you can train staff members. In the staff panel (Click Button 2) , or in the staff Info view, there's a little hat/tassle button that trains them (6 & 7). It costs $50,$100,$200. Training also permantly decreases lazyness (the percentage in the staff panel [5], you can also disipline them (only so many times), or raise their pay to lower the number), and you can pay a fully trained employee LESS money than the default. If you want to train the vendors/operators, just click the little show vendor icon at the bottom of the Staff page (little red dude with hat, forgot to number it!). Also, for even more DCA comparisons, staff will quit if paid too low, or if they have a very low staff happyness level.

*However, just like DCA, early builds of RCT3 Wild! actually had a 'Season Ticket' option. It lasted for one in-game year, and you could charge a HUGE amount for it (for example a $50 park could easily have a $350 season ticket). However, the feature was cut, because it made scenarios too easy as so many peeps opted for the pass. You had so much cash left over, that even a huge park took forever to lose money.
    -Monorail Man

Quote Originally Posted by Monorail Man
    *However, just like DCA, early builds of RCT3 Wild! actually had a 'Season Ticket' option. It lasted for one in-game year, and you could charge a HUGE amount for it (for example a $50 park could easily have a $350 season ticket). However, the feature was cut, because it made scenarios too easy as so many peeps opted for the pass. You had so much cash left over, that even a huge park took forever to lose money.
    Says a lot, doesn't it?

• Down Pluto!

Quote Originally Posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
    you can rotate around your park, just click down on the little thing in between you two mouse buttons, and turn your mouse while still holding down the button, there is another way to do this too, I'll see if I can remember it.
    Change the view to "freelook" mode.

I am Sambo, and I endorse this signature.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast