• RAWRR(:

An hour in the life of a guest

I made a new user to see how hard it is now to be a guest.
    I visited some community leaders and talked to them, most were nice. But I noticed that one of them, was not too nice. I went in his room and I was just standing there he was having some sort of party, with all these people. He booted me. I did not say anything wrong or mean, he booted me. Everyone treats you different and I realized that I sometimes go hard on guests when they offer something stupid for something rare. I mean they don't know any better, they don't understand the game yet like we do. I think I need to go easier on them when they offer something buyable and help them out. This really made me change my veiw on guests. Sometimes they are just annoying but I now I know how it feels to get booted from a community leaders room. And nobody to talk to me that much like they do now.

• Banned User

Re: An hour in the life of a guest

Could you share the leader title so i can have a talk with him. "Most" main leaders are on my list. Feel free to drop me a PM.

Thats just sad, Everyone should be welcome. We were guests once too.

• RAWRR(:

It won't let me PM, but I have his title if you want me to post it than edit it after you see it.

• Banned User

Ok go ahdead, i'm watching this thread.

• RAWRR(:

Spoiler
    CL_MrLunatix

I met him before on pink and he seemed nice, but I still am trying to figure out why he booted me when I went on pink and went in he didn't boot me.. weird.
    Last edited by figment1986; 07-11-2006 at 10:05 PM. Reason: Double post

• Banned User

I spoke with him, and said a guest came into one of his parties.. and didn't change their short or pants to wear something from that days color when he asked.. maybe your guest account was that one, or came in after it?

many things could have and can happen... Did you report him?

PinkChiclett

Thank you for sharing this. I think it is something we should all remember. Like you said at some point we are all new.It can honestly be a time of whether or not some one stays on vmk or leaves.
    I will never grow up if it means looking like I've sucked on Persimmons all my life!!!!

Never Judge someone because of how they talk or write you may just find out that they have Dyslexia!
    </IMG>

• RAWRR(:

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    I spoke with him, and said a guest came into one of his parties.. and didn't change their short or pants to wear something from that days color when he asked.. maybe your guest account was that one, or came in after it?

many things could have and can happen... Did you report him?
    I didn't report him but when I went into his room I was wearing a green shirt.

• Disney Dreams

I do think I go hard on some guests when offered Narnia prizes ( not teleporters ) and pirate game ( not Jack Sparrow costume ) for something rare such as Kali River Boat or Princess Dress - I remember feeling welcome as a guest before, and sometimes being treated unfairly for not having much rare at the beginning - now I sometimes offer ( if i have the time ) to show a guest around and let them in on some secrets about the game, who the NPC's are, Hidden Mickey locations, etc. It makes them feel welcome, and it makes me feel better about helping someone out. When I would be in a trade, and was offered stuff that is not rare for something rare, I used to just say, "Don't offer me that junk!" and exit the trade. It made me feel bad thinking about it later, and now I just say politely, "I don't think that is the best trade, sorry "Then I say "Bye " and exit the trade. I feel better about myself at least, and it's more polite. Sometimes I just offer something not rare for their narnia or pirate, and trade with them, and that can help them kinda understand trades better. But then again, some guests aren't so polite in asking for help. I walk around VMK, and there is the occasional guest who just comes up and says, "Hey be each - show me where (insert some common guest question here) is at! Now!" It is very mean, and I just put that person on ignore, and leave the room - its amazing how NOTPolite some people are, and that doesn't set such a good example for other guests. So, it just depends on the guest, but always be nice anyway - its
    the best way to act.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl
    When I would be in a trade, and was offered stuff that is not rare for something rare, I used to just say, "Don't offer me that junk!" and exit the trade. It made me feel bad thinking about it later, and now I just say politely, "I don't think that is the best trade, sorry "Then I say "Bye " and exit the trade. I feel better about myself at least, and it's more polite.
    It's one thing when they start putting, oh, street lamps in there, but another thing when you say "I'm not looking for those" and they add about five more street lamps as if you hadn't said anything.

I'll be polite once, but if someone clearly isn't even listening to me or bothering to find out what I actually want, then I am not going to be polite anymore.

• Stitch &lt;3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

I am greeting all guest right now and helping them. Someone tried paying me for helping them but i didn't accept!

• I was deleted.

Exactly. Today I helped a guest complete the diving suit quest, told them of the Host Quest and mentioned that the Typhoon Lagoon quest might not be there for long. Oh.. and this "guest" had been online for two days, seemed to know quite a lot, but he was also 38. (I know because of how he reacted when he got asked if he was taken. )

Thank you for sharing your experience though pinkCHICLETT.

• RAWRR(:

Np BPF, Just wanted to experience the guest feeling now and share it with you all. We really easily forget how it was for us.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJohn
    It's one thing when they start putting, oh, street lamps in there, but another thing when you say "I'm not looking for those" and they add about five more street lamps as if you hadn't said anything.

I'll be polite once, but if someone clearly isn't even listening to me or bothering to find out what I actually want, then I am not going to be polite anymore.
    Yes someone used the narnia lamps on me too. In my trade room I was like I am trading HSM Piano, the person asks me if we can trade so I can see there offer. So I say sure. They start putting up narnia lamps
    me: sorry that is not what I am looking for
    person: *adds another*
    *and another*
    *and about 5 more*
    me: im sorry I am not looking for that
    person: *keeps adding*
    me: *exits out*
    person: asks to trade again
    I nicely say that I am sorry and I am not looking for them at the moment.
    person: well you should have told me!
    me: I tried to..
    Last edited by figment1986; 07-13-2006 at 09:07 PM. Reason: Double post

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by PirateJohn

Yeah, that's true - after a while, it gets annoying and you HAVE to fight back - I have had people do that exact thing - MANY TIMES! I get frustrated, and just put them on ignore.

• Disney Dreams

What I have noticed, ( and this is not to defend those annoying Narnia Lamp offering people AT ALL ) is when I tell someone, "I'm not looking for those, sorry" and they add some, is that sometimes what you type goes by fast because when they add some, it says in the chat "Person has added Narnia blah blah blah" so then they don't see what you type - still, it's no excuse when you continue to tell them - but it continues are agony..
    YAY! LOL