Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: VMK Museum

VMK Museum

My idea for the game is to build a museum of VMK items. Thus far, the project is going pretty well. I have completed the pirate wing (sans a Jack Sparrow costume, but all I really need to do for that is to take a picture of someone wearing one) to include all the old Insider Tour items, a complete two-masted Galleon ship, and all the prizes from the pirate game.

The plan is to create a lobby (VMK Museum Lobby is the title -- my character name is SpursTHFC) with a series of themed teleporters leading to the various wings of the museum. (Unfortunately, there is, thus far, no pirate-themed teleporter. So if you want to check out the pirate wing, look for the room entitled "VMK Museum Pirate Wing")

I bought a ridiculous amount of film and started taking pictures of all the items -- individually -- and created a caption that describes the item. To make the museum more professional looking, I have decided I won't use any of the "workaround" words often used within VMK. That part has been a challenge -- to make a caption informative, interesting, less than 90 letters, and using only VMK-allowed words.

If anybody wants to help out with the museum, if you have any very rare costumes or hats, then if we're both online at the same time, you can come into my room and let me take a photo of you to put on the wall. That's the beauty of costumes and hats -- since the item itself can't be displayed, all I need is a picture. Fortunately, I was already able to do that for the rarest of rare items in the game -- the Stitch Hat.

If anybody has any other rare costume items (besides the seagull hat) and wants to be immortalized in my museum, let me know!

• Race Car Driver

Re: VMK Museum

I think I have all the costumes, and alot of things or stuff......

Snacks
    Yes, it is fast....

No, you can't drive IT.

Drive it like it's stolen.

Wow. This sounds so great! Can't wait to see it!

I have a Sparrow outfit if you'd like to take a photo of me.
    Died in 1720 ya know...

Checkout all my Disneyland photos
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/5198394...7625048447449/

Wonderful! Glad to get volunteers so quickly!

I'm working until 7pm tonight, so I'll probably be logged in after 8pm or so. Look for my guest rooms and come visit. All of my museum room names begin with "VMK Museum"

• I was deleted.

It is a great idea! One of our other MiceChat members, Summer has a museum of her own too. Your picture idea is very creative though. If I'm online tonight I'll come and look for you.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I like the idea! The next challenge is to figure out how to display pins.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Yeah, I already have a museum but your idea sounds a lot more detail orientated. If you need help I would be happy to assist.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Are you displaying any of the actual VMK items or just pictures? Perhaps we could all chip in and donate a few "displays."
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Know More Than You Should

Sounds cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Are you displaying any of the actual VMK items or just pictures? Perhaps we could all chip in and donate a few "displays."
    That would be outstanding if people are willing to do so. I do display the actual items. I have quite a bit of rares since I've been an Innoventions CM for about nine months now (my last day is this coming Saturday).

Also, if people have rooms that are no longer available and are willing to donate the time, they could build their own wings to which I could link. I have one person (fellow Innoventions CM) who said she'd build a Mansion wing for me.

As far as displaying pins, well, I don't think that's possible. And frankly, I don't mind. One less thing I have to worry about.

I thought I'd post a picture of the Pirate Wing of the VMK Museum. This is the wing that I think is the most complete so far. On the wall you see the photos that are posted on the wall. By clicking on the photos, you can see some information about the items on display.

• Banned User

would space suit work?

Quote Originally Posted by Pirateowns
    would space suit work?
    I have a space suit on display in my Tomorrowland wing. The display is a photo on the wall.

• Sock Puppet

this sounds like a super idea. i can't wait to see it! maybe you can put descriptions of the costumes on the bottom or even have people dress up in the costumes and show them off around. anyways, sounds great. good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by GirlyGirl
    this sounds like a super idea. i can't wait to see it! maybe you can put descriptions of the costumes on the bottom or even have people dress up in the costumes and show them off around. anyways, sounds great. good luck!
    I do have descriptions of the costumes in the captions of the pictures. Where appropriate, I also detail how the costume was earned.

I've already had a few players model for me, too. Makes it easy for me to get, say, the Stitch Hat, considering I don't even have to own one to be able to display it in my room.

Now if someone is willing to model as Jack Sparrow...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast