• insufferable know-it-all

Jungle Cruise (& more)

This is what I had after a marathon play-all-night... before my computer locked up and I lost it all

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

•   
    • debating what to put here

Re: Jungle Cruise (& more)

Great job! It looks very nice.
    "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"
    - Satchel Paige

• The Useless Prince

Blog Entries

that is so cool!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

That is a wonderful job Morri!!! I am glad to see you catching on. You did a great job with the scenery and all. I am actually kinda jealous now .

But I honestly do like the queue building.

Morri, to get rid of the icons on the screen sho your pics don't seem all cluttered with them, name a guest "David Walsh" and then click CTRL+U at the same time. Then take the pics, and when you are done again click CTRL+U again to bring the icons back up .

• Former Epcot CM

Wow! Very cool.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Still lost in Neverland

Never forget one cardinal rule when working on big complicated rides like this one. Save, Save, Save. At least every three minutes. After every new addtion is even better. That looks awesome and it's so sad to loose it all. But, I learned about saving the hard way as well. Thought it would never happend to me. WRONG!!!. It can happen to anyone. So don't give up. Learn from the mistakes and dive in and do it again, even better this time. I want to go for a ride! Was this using just the base RCT3 game, or do you have Wild or Soaked or both also installed?
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

The good news is, since I did get the above screen shots, it'll be much easier to recreate. Before, I was working from a photograph of the DL model in the Opera House, and guesstimating the changes when Indy was put in. But now I can actually see number of squares, etc, so it shouldn't take as long to put the right stuff in the right place, plus I got a lot more experience with waterfalls, and next time I do it, I'm going to make it slightly larger to allow for some weaknesses I had in scenery last night.

I tried to post the ride video on You Tube, but never got it posted right, I'll try again at some point here. It's 80mb though, so it'll take a while no matter what. Actually, you were right about the ride video... it took FOREVER to record, I think it was doing about 2fps for almost the entire time it was recording!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

very nice pics! you did a great job, and you just recently got the game... it took me forever to get my rides and parks to look good, and to catch on to the game. Great job though.

LB: I have Gold (which comes with Soaked) and then I added Wild to it too.

There are some things I wish the game had, such as allowing you to build walls on the same square as a path or queue. It would make that queue building work better (I had to cheat it a bit to make it work properly)

Also, you'll notice I tried to sink the canal... that resulted in no end of small headaches with land heights. I practically had to tear apart the queue building and start again because the entrance has to be at the same height as the canal. Real PITA.

Okay! I finally got the ride-through to post on YouTube (helps that I wasn't simultaneously running RCT3, LOL). It's 80mb, so it'll take a while to download. There are a few tweaks I made after taking the video (such as adding back in the rhino by the totem pole which had been misplaced after I moved them, some Komodo dragons standing in for Hippos (trust me, it works if you sink the dragon), etc. But other than that it gives a pretty good idea of it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCAOiae35ck

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    There are some things I wish the game had, such as allowing you to build walls on the same square as a path or queue. It would make that queue building work better (I had to cheat it a bit to make it work properly)
    There's a cheat for that! Just re-name a peep "M Brooks", then you can put all the walls you want on paths.
    -Monorail Man

Congrats, I wish you could design your own scenery items.

• Still lost in Neverland

Very cool. I haven't been home for the last couple of days, that's why it took me so long to reply to your post. I see, of course, while watching the video that there are animals in the ride that aren't in the base game, so that was cool.

In addition to the path cheat with M Brooks, I found quite by accident that once on Camera Cam, in any ride, if you push the "B" key on the keyboard, the point of view will change to just above the ride car, or right down at the very front of the ride car, low to the ground, or water. Try it first before you shoot the video so you can try it out. Some rides have three or more camera views if you push B and then start over again. If you don't have any low ceilings the first view from slightly better than actually sitting in the ride vehicle as the lap bars impeed your veiw. I also gets rid of the leaning when you go around cruves. Also, try to slow the boat down, in the ride maintanance section, the one with the gear wheels on the big icon that comes up when you double click on the ticket booth or the ride track. It might make the ride seem less like a thrill ride. But you did real good. There is so much to remember when building a specific ride in this game. But it sure is fun when you get it finished and then ride it.

The reason it takes so long when you make a movie, is that each fram is high resolution and that just takes time to render and save. The end results though run at normal speed and look so good. There is a program out there called Fraps that allows you to make a movie of any game, in real time, with sound. The results of the picture portion are not hi res, and just as jerky as the real game might be, but you can strip the sound off in Movie Maker, paste in down on the soundtrack portion of Movie Maker, and play with moving the soundtrack either forward or backward on the sound track line, and you can pretty much get the sound to match. If you film the ride using the game, then refilm the ride using Fraps, the sound should be in synch when you past it onto the Movie Maker soundtrack line. Fraps has a free demo, but it only allows 90 seconds of movie making. The real one costs money.

Keep up the good work.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples