• For You!

Haunted Mansion Game Etiquette

This is starting to happen too many times. I've played with people who are losing and they decide to leave. I beg and plead for them to stay because I want to win the crate - with 20 seconds left, they exit the game. If you join a game - stay for it!! (unless the dreaded DC happens)

Also, if you shake the coffin - that's your ghost. Doesn't that make sense?

Third, if you are both good and able players, don't be a ghost hog. I always try to stay upstairs if the other goes down. But, it there aren't any ghosts, I will go downstairs. Be understanding and don't yell at the other player for invading your territory.

Okay, there's my rant for the day. Thanks for listening

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Re: Haunted Mansion Game Etiquette

I couldn't agree with these more...yesterday during the quest I kept running into ghost hogs, and was having a hard enough time just controlling myself, why do I need to worry about my own team too?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Ouch, sorry you ran into that. It's for reasons like that I only play one on one now.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Ouch, sorry you ran into that. It's for reasons like that I only play one on one now.
    And for the reasons the BFJen listed I try to play two against two!

• For You!

Oh, I have one more thing to add - don't ask people if you will let them win - that's not the point of the game - and I think most people have finished with the tomorrowland quests. If you haven't get some friends to help you out - I had someone ask me that today in the 2nd game and I was up like 25 to 9.

Okay, now I'm done ranting - I just really enjoy the game and get tired of people doing stupid things!!!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Stitch <3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

I acaully cant stand if its 3 vs 3 player game and everyone is on the same floor and yet there is ghost on the bottom too!

Usaully people follow me and than take the ghost. I say, "Hey I have an idea, if someone is going after a ghost go to another on (one). It will get us more ghost! Ok?"

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Ghost Hogs! LOL! They do get my goat but, then, I have to realize that we're all here to get as many as we can. If they can hog more ghosts than I can hog then I just have to accept that they're a better player and do the best I can.

It's just a game. Sometimes you win. Sometimes you lose.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Stitch <3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    And no matter what you get credits.

Math Class!

5 x CG = 1000000000000000000000000000000000
    Ok not that many
    CG= Catched Ghosts

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney
    Ghost Hogs! LOL! They do get my goat but, then, I have to realize that we're all here to get as many as we can. If they can hog more ghosts than I can hog then I just have to accept that they're a better player and do the best I can.

That's kind of how I feel too. Especially when you start playing with individuals who aren't very good. I know they are trying to learn like I once was, but you either get the ghosts while you can or you don't get any.

I played today with a couple of kids and my team mate didn't catch any ghosts but did say, "go purple!" at the end of the first round after my 28 ghosts allowed us to win the first round. She did get two in the second round, but after that I lost the in the third round by one ghost because it ended up being one against two - with only myself playing. At least she was trying.

• Just this guy......

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan
    I played today with a couple of kids and my team mate didn't catch any ghosts but did say, "go purple!" at the end of the first round after my 28 ghosts allowed us to win the first round. She did get two in the second round, but after that I lost the in the third round by one ghost because it ended up being one against two - with only myself playing. At least she was trying.
    Too be fair, I have played once or twice and my motion was stuck to such a point I could barely move. There are times where the HM games just acts so odd.

But I agree with everyone that I hate it when people leave in the middle of the game.

As for points, if you really want to catch a lot of ghosts the winner of the first game should throw the second game so that it goes to a third round.

Ok. I am REALLY bad at this game. I was playing yesterday, and one of my team mates started insulting me because I was so bad. I told them it was just a game, and that made THEM really mad. More insulting. So, I just clicked the EXIT button. I do not care if win or lose, I just like to play. You have to play to get better. I would think anyway. I do NOT like leaving games, but this time it was too much to tolorate to stay.

Yes, I could see how someone insulting you would make you want to leave- I would have too. People are at different levels when it comes to the games. I wouldn't leave a game unless I wasn't having fun anymore- like someone insulting me because they think I'm not good enough.
    Died in 1720 ya know...

Checkout all my Disneyland photos
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/5198394...7625048447449/

• Stitch <3

Quote Originally Posted by Tiki
    Yes, I could see how someone insulting you would make you want to leave- I would have too. People are at different levels when it comes to the games. I wouldn't leave a game unless I wasn't having fun anymore- like someone insulting me because they think I'm not good enough.
    Thats why i think in every game not just pirates should there be levels. Like fireworks some people are really good so they should try harder things, and others are bad (ME!) and should try something around there level.
    I dont find it fair that the same old people always win;