Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Disney Dreams

Re: VMK Can't Add!!

For the new pirates game, who else thinks its totally ridiculous to PAY to PLAY!?!?
    At least you have a chance of getting a lot of credits in return, but come on! We already have to work for those credits, why pay to play a game? What's next, paying to play every game or paying to get credits from NPC's? Oh gosh..
    What will they think up next?

- WDWGirl
    Last edited by figment1986; 07-28-2006 at 11:09 PM. Reason: Moved post to new thread...

• Rockin Guitar Player

Re: Who Thinks Its Ridiculous to PAY to PLAY!?!?

yup i think disney had a couple corona's b4 making the pirates
    A spartan on the outside, guitarist in the inside

OKLAHOMA
    ROCKS!!!!

It stinks , but if you win you get way more then you payed for.

• Stitch <3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

Why they have pay to play is because they dont want so many people playing the game at once. And it is 21 credits, all you have to do is vist two npc and there!

• Come on already, POTC3!!!

Quote Originally Posted by danceguest
    Why they have pay to play is because they dont want so many people playing the game at once. And it is 21 credits, all you have to do is vist two npc and there!
    If that's they're reasoning for having us pay to play, it's really ineffective. I mean, how many of us REALLY think twice before playing POTC because it's going to cost 21 credits? Please, it takes 14 minutes to earn 1300 credits in Fireworks. That's like 60 games of pirates.

Anyway, I think we have to pay because a game of pirates can take three minutes, and you can win like 400 credits if you're really good (*cough* not me). So that's a net win of 379 credits in three minutes. I think that's fair.

• Banned User

I like it and i'm paying for it. Its worth it.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I'm not exactly sure why they did it, but 21 credits is nothing. You almost always win more than you paid. I don't play Ship Battle much because you can lose credits if your team does poorly. Capture The Flag, however, is verrrry generous. I just played two games an netted nearly 600 credits. Not a bad return on my 42 credit investment.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Stitch <3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

Ship battle gets you more credits. I myself am very good not to brag. I have made high score a few times too. I get around 400some odd credits + 50 get time.

• More then a member.

Maybe its just me, but i look at 21 credits as nothing. However now that i think about how many pirate games ive been playing lately.. ive spent a lot of money on that game. But its all because ive been working up to level three. I didnt mind too much about the credits i got, because even if i lost i got those 21 credits back. It just depended on if i got a profit or not... I just wish we could turn off the little notice that comes up every time i press play game. Complete waste of .5 of a second. Think of all the things i could do in that much time.
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

• RAWRR(:

I don't see any problem with paying. As long as we are getting like double or triple credits of what we used to, I see no problem

• CL_Maribeth a.k.a. Bet

Not me =D

I don't think it's ridiculous.. I can't exactly see why they did it though.

Here are some drawbacks:
    -New players who have not played before end up losing credits while trying to learn how to play the game.
    -If you disconnect while playing, you end up losing your credits. Credits should be taken away after you have completed your game.

Here are ways they need to improve it:
    -Have a "training level" so that new players, guests, and just generally bad players (like myself) can have a chance to develop, and learn.
    -The training level would be free and would not award any credits. This would also be useful if someone was playing a quest and had no money.
    -Take the 21 credits away after you have finished the game.

Here are some advantages:
    -If they take away credits to play, it gives them a reason to increase your profits even more. If it was free to play, the rewards would be much less.
    -There's probably another reason, but I can't think of it right now.

• Disney Dreams

Re: Not me =D

Quote Originally Posted by CL_Maribeth
    I don't think it's ridiculous.. I can't exactly see why they did it though.

Here are some drawbacks:
    -New players who have not played before end up losing credits while trying to learn how to play the game.
    -If you disconnect while playing, you end up losing your credits. Credits should be taken away after you have completed your game.

Here are ways they need to improve it:
    -Have a "training level" so that new players, guests, and just generally bad players (like myself) can have a chance to develop, and learn.
    -The training level would be free and would not award any credits. This would also be useful if someone was playing a quest and had no money.
    -Take the 21 credits away after you have finished the game.

Here are some advantages:
    -If they take away credits to play, it gives them a reason to increase your profits even more. If it was free to play, the rewards would be much less.
    -There's probably another reason, but I can't think of it right now.
    Hmm.. when you put it that way, you're right - maybe I was in a bad mood when I made this thread LOL - but maybe, just maybe, it is a VERY good thing that we have to pay - guess it just depends how you look at it, and who you are - an expert at Fireworks,( which I am if I do say so myself ) the paying is not bad, but sometimes I just wonder "WHY?" but you're right, for guests trying to learn, it must be tough, especially if those NPC credits have been awarded and used - possibly on trying to learn to play.. well, I guess it just depends on your point of view..

WDWGirl

• Stitch &lt;3

Re: Not me =D

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl
    Hmm.. when you put it that way, you're right - maybe I was in a bad mood when I made this thread LOL - but maybe, just maybe, it is a VERY good thing that we have to pay - guess it just depends how you look at it, and who you are - an expert at Fireworks,( which I am if I do say so myself ) the paying is not bad, but sometimes I just wonder "WHY?" but you're right, for guests trying to learn, it must be tough, especially if those NPC credits have been awarded and used - possibly on trying to learn to play.. well, I guess it just depends on your point of view..

WDWGirl
    I dont think they would put a price on fireworks because not many people play it, than when price goes up less people play.

• Rockin Guitar Player

I'd rather play fireworks

A spartan on the outside, guitarist in the inside

OKLAHOMA
    ROCKS!!!!

• White Sox Baseball team!!

Re: VMK Can't Add!!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    For the new pirates game, who else thinks its totally ridiculous to PAY to PLAY!?!?
    At least you have a chance of getting a lot of credits in return, but come on! We already have to work for those credits, why pay to play a game? What's next, paying to play every game or paying to get credits from NPC's? Oh gosh..
    What will they think up next?

- WDWGirl
    exactly. The first time I played the pirates I knew that you have to pay to play and I thought it was totally stupid. Whoever thought of that idea they are not so good at making rules.

Thanks Flammable

MAth Wiz-Kelsey
    Volleyball Champ-Kelsey
    Nice Friend-Kelsey
    Micechat User-Kelsey
    Laughs A Lot-Kelsey
    Chicago White Sox Fan-Kelsey
    Scorpio (my zodiac)-Kelsey
    Happy Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I LOVE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast