Sad Just got Roller coaster tycoon 3

hello, i just got roller coaster tycoon 3 and so far it's HARD!

i made a roller coaster and the tracks don't show up...
    does anybody know what i should do?

I LVOE DISNEY WORLD! JUST LOOK AT MY NAME!

• insufferable know-it-all

Re: Just got Roller coaster tycoon 3

I don't know why the track doesn't show, but yeah, RCT 3 is a pain to get used to. I'm finally getting a handle on it, but some things really annoy me!

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Still lost in Neverland

Not being right there to see what you are doing is going to make it hard to figure that out. but I will try.

From the menu bar on the left chose the rides, then coaster, then custom so you can build your own.

You should see the build bar across the bottom and the "station" should be automatically set on. Move the ghost image over the ground to where you want the station to sit, make sure the arrow is pointing in the fight direction (you can turn it by pressing the "z" key) and click the mouse. The first section of the station should now be placed and be solid. Then just keep your mouse on the station icon in the build bar at the bottom and click the mouse until you have placed enough station pieces (this will depend on how big a train you plan to use and how many trains you want on the track). The click on the up arrow and a section of straight track will be placed and a bunch of other icons will show up on the construction bar, like up, down, left or right turn and so on.

Now, here you must watch the screen. Lets say you want to start the up hill with a lift chain. you must click on the up icon twice, once to select it an change the ghost image from a straight piece of track to an up piece then click again to place the track. The is also an icon somewhere on that bar that has the chain and you click that on and then continue to click the up track until you have it height you want, then click the straight piece and the chain will go away and a ghost image will appear and you click again to place the piece then choose a down piece and click twice.

What you have to remember is every time you change the angel or direction of a piece of track you much click twice. Once to see the ghost image and check that it's going where you want, and again to place it. This give you a chance to correct something before actually placing the piece. If your track is turning right, and you wanted left, and the ghost image is still there, you just click the other direction arrow and the direction of the track will change, if this is correct, click and the track will be placed. This pertains to every ride you build, no matter what kind of track is being used. it takes some time, but you will eventually become used to this.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    I don't know why the track doesn't show, but yeah, RCT 3 is a pain to get used to. I'm finally getting a handle on it, but some things really annoy me!
    yea, I agree - I wish they would have eased up on the 3D stuff and had made it more like the first two games in the series...