Thread: Quest Machines?

• More then a member.

Quest Machines?

How do quest machines work anyway? Does the owner choose an item they have and whoever wins the quest gets that item? Does the item go away till they get a new one? Or are there unlimited of that item. For instance. With this "ultamite magic quest" if suddenly 100 people win it, are all 100 going to get the magic pins? or only 1 of them?
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

• no flash photography...

Re: Quest Machines?

I'm not sure, but people are selling credit on ebay....they give them to you therough the quest machine on the game.

• ~ Cheesin' ~

400 Miles From the Beach. The Perfect, Glorious Beach. Life is so depressing.

There are two types of game play. The first is what MathU is doing. It is based on who finished the quest first. So the first person to finish the quest gets all the magic, but if you finish after that, you get nothing.

The second way to play is based on time. The owner will seta time, like 5 hours, and during that time, players will finish the quest as fast as they can. And when that 5 hours in up, the person witht the fastest time gets the first prize, the person with the second fasted time gets the second prize and so on.

For further explanation of how the quest kiosk works, here are some pictures, I took of my own.

This is the basic screen for the kiosk. It is here that you decide what you want players to do for your quest.

You can pick tasks from aquireing an item to visiting an NPC.

Let's say that you want your players to say something. You choose "Say Something" and then you choose up to four words for them to say.

Then you decribe the task, and add pictures if you like.

Once all your tasks are complete, and timelimits set, you decide your prizes, from pins and furniture, to clothes and credits.

Then you decide what method of giving out prizes you want, name your quest, and briefly decribe it.

Once you are done with all this, you test it, and if you complete it, you can release it to the public.

Hope this explained some questions you might of had. But really, once you get your quest kiosk, you're discover that there is a lot more to explore. Have fun, and happy questing!

- Ug, why am I so perky? School starts tommorow...-

• More then a member.

Oh okay thanks that helps a ton
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Very nice tutorial.

Makes me want to get a quest kiosk. LOL

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by SummerInFL
    Very nice tutorial.

Makes me want to get a quest kiosk. LOL
    Me too! LOL

• ~ Cheesin' ~

Thanks! I just got back from school..ug. So many papers to sign, and lectures about the coming year, I literally almost fell asleep from boredom.

Anyways, off topic.

• Kevin's a girl?

I wish the quest kiosks were actually affordable for more players. Like me.

We're always having fun in the Fun and Games Lounge. Care to visit us?

• dsny_dreamer

The quest kiosks are going on special for a limited time according to the newsletter. Maybe more of us can get them. the quests are one of my favorite things to do.

• ~ Cheesin' ~

Quote Originally Posted by AhLowHee
    I wish the quest kiosks were actually affordable for more players. Like me.
    I think the reason they aren't just like 5000 credits is so not so many people have one. If everybody had one it would just take the fun out of it. They would be tossed aside, and laying in the corner of a room getting dusty

• Jedi Master Bird :)

i just got one and i already finished my first quest yay me!! anyway yea NOT CHEAP