• I DO Believe!

A Guide to VMK if you are unable to do the games

I know that some people are unable to do the main games (Pirates, Fireworks, Haunted Mansion) in VMK because their computers don't fit the requirements. This is my problem and, although, I am hoping to update it in the near future, I thought I would share my tips for things you can do in VMK when you can't play the main games.

*Since you can't get credits from the big games, make sure you visit all the NPC (Non-Playing Characters) daily to get your credits. They Add up. (see Tom Chaney's post below for details on where you go to collect these credits.

*Play the Music game often (Make your mixes and also play your mixes). You get 25 credits for doing each of those things and for the 50th time you play a mix, you get 375 credits and your 100th time gets you 750 credits (that was a nice surprise to find out when it happened to me). I am not sure if with every 50 times you play it gets higher and higher (anyone else know?). You can return to play again as soon as 25 minutes to get more credits. Tip: My computer used to crash all the time when I entered this room because of the music and all the movement, I guess. If this happens to you, check the "Advanced" box and choose a direction (ie: north-north east) that has no gold ears. This means no one is in that room. I notice this gives me hardly any crashes now.

*Most quests require you playing the games, so be sure you do the 50th Mickey Quest and the host's mini-quests (like summer splash etc). These don't require the games. Also, some of the player's quests don't require you play the main games. Do a search for quests.

*If you live near the parks, be sure you go and do the in-park quests. This will give you items worth trading.

*Hang out in trade rooms to learn what items are sought after and what things are worth.

*Do a search for rides and have fun riding other player's rides. Great way to meet some people and also get ideas.

*When you have got some credits, build a ride or design your own room. I have had a lot of fun with this.

*Explore the Kingdom of VMK. There are alot of fun things to see and you can play with the potions on Discovery Island and in the Spell Room. Also, you can learn your way through the BTMR caves.

*Perhaps a friend with a faster computer can help out in you getting your divers suit, autopia car and space suit.

*Play the games online (Pirates, narnia, monster inc.) to get free items. Someday these games won't be available to play and there will be new VMKers that may actually want one of those Davy Jones Organs. hehe. Note: As of August 21, 2006 some items won in these games cannot be traded. Hopefully this will change once the games are phased out and are not available to play anymore.

*If your computer does allow you to play Jungle Cruise (like mine..even though the mouse is a bit slow), then play often. It doesn't matter how badly you do, you will always get that 20 credits.

*Try and get into the Host's Games

*Never use the fact you can't play the games to try and get free stuff. That is not other people's problem and just makes you annoying. I actually had someone tell me this and I said, "I can't play them either, but I am not asking people for stuff because of it". If you really want free stuff, do a search for "Free". There are some players that give away free stuff. That should be the only place you expect anything for free, but wait in line and don't cut to get it.

If anyone has any other tips please add them on. I look forward to the day when I will get to play the games on VMK, but until then, I have a great time anyway.
    Last edited by ThinkTink; 08-24-2006 at 12:52 PM.
    I am
    On

• Galactic Hero

Re: A Guide to VMK if you are unable to do the games

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTink
    I know that some people are unable to do the main games (Pirates, Fireworks, Haunted Mansion) in VMK because their computers don't fit the requirements. This is my problem and, although, I am hoping to update it in the near future, I thought I would share my tips for things you can do in VMK when you can't play the main games.

*Since you can't get credits from the big games, make sure you visit all the NPC (Non-Playing Characters) daily to get your credits. They Add up.

*Play the Music game often (Make your mixes and also play your mixes). You get 25 credits for doing each of those things and for every 50th time you play a mix, you get 375 credits (that was a nice surprise to find out when it happened to me). You can return to play again as soon as 25 minutes to get more credits. Tip: My computer used to crash all the time when I entered this room because of the music and all the movement, I guess. If this happens to you, check the "Advanced" box and choose a direction (ie: north-north east) that has no gold ears. This means no one is in that room. I notice this gives me hardly any crashes now.

*Most quests require you playing the games, so be sure you do the 50th Mickey Quest and the host's mini-quests (like summer splash etc). These don't require the games. Also, some of the player's quests don't require you play the main games. Do a search for quests.

*If you live near the parks, be sure you go and do the in-park quests. This will give you items worth trading.

*Hang out in trade rooms to learn what items are sought after and what things are worth.

*Do a search for rides and have fun riding other player's rides. Great way to meet some people and also get ideas.

*When you have got some credits, build a ride or design your own room. I have had a lot of fun with this.

*Explore the Kingdom of VMK. There are alot of fun things to see and you can play with the potions on Discovery Island and in the Spell Room. Also, you can learn your way through the BTMR caves.

*Perhaps a friend with a faster computer can help out in you getting your divers suit, autopia car and space suit.

*Play the games online (Pirates, narnia, monster inc.) to get free items. Someday these games won't be available to play and there will be new VMKers that may actually want one of those Davy Jones Organs. hehe.

*If your computer does allow you to play Jungle Cruise (like mine..even though the mouse is a bit slow), then play often. It doesn't matter how badly you do, you will always get that 20 credits.

*Try and get into the Host's Games

*Never use the fact you can't play the games to try and get free stuff. That is not other people's problem and just makes you annoying. I actually had someone tell me this and I said, "I can't play them either, but I am not asking people for stuff because of it". If you really want free stuff, do a search for "Free". There are some players that give away free stuff. That should be the only place you expect anything for free, but wait in line and don't cut to get it.

If anyone has any other tips please add them on. I look forward to the day when I will get to play the games on VMK, but until then, I have a great time anyway.
    Oh wow.. so there really IS life beyond mini games. Its nice to see someone finding the silver lining on a ( very ) dark cloud.
    I don't really have any other tips to add, since I do have the wonderful privilege ( i think i spelled that wrong ) of playing the mini games. Keep up the GREAT work! YOU HAVE FOUND THE SECRET TO CREDITS WITHOUT MINIGAMES! THATS AWESOME!
    WDWGirl

• I DO Believe!

*lol* No secrets, but just a guide of things to do if you find yourself unable to play the games.

Thanks WDWGirl.
    I am
    On

• RAWRR(:

This should be in tips & tricks..
    *Waits for Piglet or Figment*

• I DO Believe!

This should be in tips & tricks..
    *Waits for Piglet or Figment*
    Yes, please move it there. Sorry.
    I am
    On

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkTink
    Yes, please move it there. Sorry.
    No problem!

I'm glad to see you are still finding ways to make VMK fun.

I just found out that if you click on Malificent the Dragon in the Dungeon, you will get credits. Are there any other ways to get credits like this without playing the games?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by totheship
    I just found out that if you click on Malificent the Dragon in the Dungeon, you will get credits. Are there any other ways to get credits like this without playing the games?
    Your daily "credit run" should include the following:
    1. Music Game: play a mix. Then go make a mix. You get 25 credits for each. Return and do the same every 30 minutes or so. You won't always get credit for "remixing" your mix, but you can do this several times per day.

Once per day, do the following:

2. Emporium: click on Esmerelda for 20 credits.
    3. Adventureland: click on Shrunken Ned in his shop and Capt. Blackheart in the Pirate Treehouse for 20 credits each.
    4. Frontierland: Enter the Haunted Mansion through the crypt. In the first room, wait for Phineas the ghost and double click on him. Exit to the right to the next room. Wait for Ezra and double click on him. Exit to the right to the next room. Double click on Gus. You will get 20 credits each.
    5. Fantasyland: Click the dragon in the Dungeon and Yeti in the Matterhorn for 20 credits each.

You've just collected 210 free credits! Don't forget to go back to the Music Game regularly to collect even more.

(BTW: The very first time you click on Esmerelda, Capt. Blackheart, Ned, Dragon and Yeti, you'll get 40 credits each and a special pin.)
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

I need like total help!
    vmk pirates of the carribean conqur the sea game has like
    NO MORE CODES!!!!!!! help me ! what do i do? im made a new accouont on vmk and i need a skull room and the furniture help me pls. i need advice

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by Pirate_Princess
    I need like total help!
    vmk pirates of the carribean conqur the sea game has like
    NO MORE CODES!!!!!!! help me ! what do i do? im made a new accouont on vmk and i need a skull room and the furniture help me pls. i need advice
    What happens when you try and play the game and get the code?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Lately, the game lets you play, but at the end when you would get the code, it says "Sorry! We've temporarily run out of VMK codes."

I think that promotion is over.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• I DO Believe!

Thanks for all the input. I just updated my original post.
    I am
    On