Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Angry Do you really KNOW your VMK partner??

OK people we need to set something straight here, ok? ok!

The whole thing about being taken in VMK is stupid! Not only do most people get tired of going into a room and seeing people say "hey or hi bay be" but it's just a waste of writing space. If you want to talk to your partner then please do everyone a favor and going into your own room and do it.

NOW REAL REASON that I'm posting this is that for those of you who do the whole taken thing, you DON'T... I repeat... YOU DON'T know who that other person is. For all you know your "dating" someone younger than you. I'll give you an example:

My little sister is 8 years old and she plays. Now she did the whole taken thing but didn't know what it meant. Later when is asked me about it, I told her and she said ewww no i don't like that...lol.. but true. I found the vmk name of the guy that she was with and later on I found the guy in a place like this talking about VMK stuff... AND guess what?? Do you know? WELL i found out that the same guy is 30 years old. In vmk he said that he was sad and that she broke his heart and i love you and all that stupid stuff. I was with my girlfriend and we were thinking do you think that he knew that my sister was only eight years old?

So really please stop doing the taken thing, you don't know what the other person is really like, thats why VMK made the people look the same.

So nobody in VMK is cute or beautiful, unless your Stitch and your Cute and fluffy then please for the love of God... Stop With The TAKEN!!!!

Thank you.
    Its a stitchy stitch world out there.

Pirates 3 poster!!!

And A Pic Of good old Jack

• Banned User

Re: Do you really KNOW your VMK partner??

BrerStitch, I agree w/ u competely. For all we know, they could all be thirty like u said, taken is just a strange way that people get attention ( or at least i think ) but hey, other people may have a different oppinion. When I first started vmk i did taken bc i thought it was ' cool ' but the longer u get to be on vmk, the more u notice how dumb it is. Thanks so much for posting this thread to all who dont understand why taken can be so bad.

~BestChurro

• More then a member.

Agreed.
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

• no flash photography...

I nver understood the taken stuff. I always thought ti was dumb. Maybe it a roll over from the sims online game. People do date online there and have oonline marriages. I don't understand that either, but some even met in real life and ended up getting married...LOL

• More then a member.

Quote Originally Posted by SCUBAbe
    I nver understood the taken stuff. I always thought ti was dumb. Maybe it a roll over from the sims online game. People do date online there and have oonline marriages. I don't understand that either, but some even met in real life and ended up getting married...LOL
    lol i can see like a commercial for sims.. Weve never been happier, i mean we met online and just clicked, (kinda like those eharmony commercials) then have some old guy come on and say "Here at the Sims we give you all the tools you need to find that special somone" Then they all eat cake.
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by BestChurro
    For all we know, they could all be thirty like u said
    Umm.. what's wrong with being 30?

You do realize that VMK players come from all over the world and are of various ages as well, right? I know this has been said (especially by me) about our MC VMK players - we range from 13 - over the hill and there is nothing wrong with it! It's a game for Disney fans of all ages.

As for the the taken thing, I must agree. Yoyo and I do NOT go around talking about being taken except when other members come up and ask us. As for how well we know each other? We have MiceChat to "blame" for that, and VMK came later. While yoyo's character IS quite cute I find it hard to fall in love with some pixels with a limited dictionary and communication.

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan

You do realize that VMK players come from all over the world and are of various ages as well, right? I know this has been said (especially by me) about our MC VMK players - we range from 13 - over the hill and there is nothing wrong with it! It's a game for Disney fans of all ages.

As for the the taken thing, I must agree. Yoyo and I do NOT go around talking about being taken except when other members come up and ask us. As for how well we know each other? We have MiceChat to "blame" for that, and VMK came later. While yoyo's character IS quite cute I find it hard to fall in love with some pixels with a limited dictionary and communication.
    I agree with both BPF and BrerStitch - for different reasons. I agree with BrerStitch in that you don't know who that other person is. I never EVER did taken, even as a guest. I thought it was quite retarded.. there was not point to it. But I agree with BPF in how there are people of different ages, and there isn't anything wrong at all with that. I know that somewhere on that VMK site, it says that VMK open to Disney fans of all ages.I also agree that its hard to fall in love with pixels that you can't have a serious conversation with..

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by BrerStitch
    Stop With The TAKEN!!!!

Thank you.
    I seriously wish you luck.

You know why?
    Because taken will never stop.

Is it gross? Nasty? Stupid?
    Yes.

Will it ever stop?
    Nope.

And plus, you're telling us to stop the taken..
    What if someone's belief is to do taken?
    That is changing our views on that person's beliefs.
    And that, my friend, is against VMK Values.

My best advise is to ignore it all. Will all the taken stuff just completely ruin your fun and put an end to your VMK days? I don't think so.

And anyways, we all did taken once.. You have to admit it. And those that claim that didn't... I'm sure that at one point of your VMK "life", you had "not taken" in your signature..

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by MissCuteBrunette
    And anyways, we all did taken once.. You have to admit it. And those that claim that didn't... I'm sure that at one point of your VMK "life", you had "not taken" in your signature..
    You know? everyone keeps saying that..
    but I SERIOUSLY never did taken - not once, not never.
    If VMK looked at my record of the signatures I have had ( do they do that? )
    then they would see I never had any taken stuff there.
    I never did taken, and I always thought it was gross..
    just saying..

• :)

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl
    You know? everyone keeps saying that..
    but I SERIOUSLY never did taken - not once, not never.
    If VMK looked at my record of the signatures I have had ( do they do that? )
    then they would see I never had any taken stuff there.
    I never did taken, and I always thought it was gross..
    just saying..
    Kinda scary if they did keep track.. LOL.
    I must admit.. I did do taken the first few weeks I started playing VMK.
    Then, I snapped out of it. I thought it was stupid. And, saw how desperate girls on VMK are to get a boy!

I wasn't the type to go up to every boy and ask him out.. I don't think of myself (back then) as being the "desperate" type.

But, guess some people just believe it's wrong from the start. Like, you,WDWGirl.

• i ♥ Deidara

Then, I snapped out of it. I thought it was stupid. And, saw how desperate girls on VMK are to get a boy!

I wasn't the type to go up to every boy and ask him out.. I don't think of myself as being the "desperate" type.

But, guess some people just believe it's wrong from the start. Like, you,WDWGirl.
    i was doing taken when i first joined. My friend told me it was cool so then i started doing it, then i didn' get any boys so i quit and im happy the way i am

[x] Deviant
    [x] Akatsuki youtube blog
    [x] My custom icons

• Disney Dreams

I wasn't the type to go up to every boy and ask him out.. I don't think of myself (back then) as being the "desperate" type.

I have kinda noticed that there are even MORE guests doing taken. I have yet to find even ONE guest in the Esplanade without "taken" or "not taken" in their signature..
    its kinda sad now..
    but they are young, and don't know any better.. lol

It WOULD be scary if VMK keeps track of signatures.. and I think its kinda scary how they monitor our conversations.. - shivers - its like Big Brother..

oh yeah...Taken gets totally annoying, but they're just people who either are totally pathetic in life, or people who can't control their totally messed up emotions...pity, pity, pity. Either all of that or they have no clue what they're doing.

• Boo♥

Quote Originally Posted by BrerStitch
    OK people we need to set something straight here, ok? ok!

The whole thing about being taken in VMK is stupid! Not only do most people get tired of going into a room and seeing people say "hey or hi bay be" but it's just a waste of writing space. If you want to talk to your partner then please do everyone a favor and going into your own room and do it.

NOW REAL REASON that I'm posting this is that for those of you who do the whole taken thing, you DON'T... I repeat... YOU DON'T know who that other person is. For all you know your "dating" someone younger than you. I'll give you an example:

My little sister is 8 years old and she plays. Now she did the whole taken thing but didn't know what it meant. Later when is asked me about it, I told her and she said ewww no i don't like that...lol.. but true. I found the vmk name of the guy that she was with and later on I found the guy in a place like this talking about VMK stuff... AND guess what?? Do you know? WELL i found out that the same guy is 30 years old. In vmk he said that he was sad and that she broke his heart and i love you and all that stupid stuff. I was with my girlfriend and we were thinking do you think that he knew that my sister was only eight years old?

So really please stop doing the taken thing, you don't know what the other person is really like, thats why VMK made the people look the same.

So nobody in VMK is cute or beautiful, unless your Stitch and your Cute and fluffy then please for the love of God... Stop With The TAKEN!!!!
    Thank you.
    Um... I have just 2 things to say.
    1, I totally and completely agree that taken is WRONG & GROSS!

2, I kinda doubt that you just randomly saw this guy and he was just randomly talking about VMK.... and how did you know he was 30? Maybe it was his son who played VMK. You don't know anything about that guy if you don't know him. Unless you planned to meet with him than how would you know? Maybe he was 21 or 24. And people his age - if your right about him being 30 - should know better than to do taken! Just spilling out my opinions.
    *Pokes*

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan

Sorry i must have made it seem like i don't like that people who are old playing vmk. That's not what i meant. Heck my girlfriend's dad plays and i don't care. Sorry i am not an ageist. lol. so again I'm sorry if i made it seem that way, and if i had offended anyone.
    Its a stitchy stitch world out there.

Pirates 3 poster!!!

And A Pic Of good old Jack

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast