• Senior Minion

Safety first!---On VMK---Urgent!!!

Well, as everyone knows, I'm kinda new to MiceChat and maybe you've seen me posting here and there...But now, this just is for the issue of safety on VMK...

I've seen and heard about lots of people getting scammed, hacked, and sometimes even trapped in a scam-in-progress...

If anyone has any tips about how to stay away fromt his stuff...Feel free to write your tips or any comments you might have about the subject...Oh, and can someone please move this thread to the correct section? Thank you for taking the time to read this post and for helping make VMK a safer and fun experience for everyone, any age, any time...

Here are some tips of my own:

Never trade your stuff first and then wait for the other person to trade their half! (Or don't make the other person you're trading with do this)
    If the offer involves a "code" or "spoiler" don't accept since usually they might be unacceptable or wrong!
    If the room is just a simple game of "Cute or boot" or "Falling chairs" and the prize is something really rare, don't believe it since everyone then ends up being booted from the room!

Once again, thank you and keep VMK safe and fun!

SnapplePlucked

Re: Safety first!---On VMK---Urgent!!!

its best not to "pay" rare or items of value to get into someone's room, usually the prize, if there is one, is something of lesser value. You might also just get booted after paying, and there is nothing VMK can do about it, because it is technically not against VMK Values.

• FaLlOuT FaN

i know this is off topic but: congrats on becoming a community leader CL_chassis i got the message about the title change today

*off topic reply* thanks Clairinetkid!

no to turn my post back on topic...
    -Common Sense is the biggest tip i can give. If someone says they can double your pin or give you an inferno once you trade your stuff to their "friend", use your common sense and dont fall for it!

• Senior Minion

LOL, it's okay to be off topic, as long as you're not doing any malicious intents about it...

Sorry, I'm also

• Disney Cruise '06

here is my tip:
    dont be like me
    - you know when your being scamed when something is "to good to be true"
    so like "Zebra" said: use your Common Sence!

• Stitch <3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

- if your trading on micechat, make sure they have good feedback, and ask people who have traded codes with them if there honest!

• Disney Cruise '06

Yes DanceGuest, i was talking to a Staff member at that Music place in VMK the other day and she was talking about how you shoundnt trade codes. you never know when someone is making up a random code just to steal your stuff. in the words of the staff: "Never trade codes, it is not trade" however this is not on VMK values so you can do it. anyways.. the point is... make sure the codes are real

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

OK... I'm missing something. At first, a MiceChatter's trade feedback was listed below their name on their posts. Now it's not. When I click "Feedback" at the top of the page, it show me MY feedback. That's nice. How do I see YOUR feedback?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• More then a member.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    OK... I'm missing something. At first, a MiceChatter's trade feedback was listed below their name on their posts. Now it's not. When I click "Feedback" at the top of the page, it show me MY feedback. That's nice. How do I see YOUR feedback?
    Trade feedback is listed as a lil post it note looking thing in any trade thread.. however sometimes ive had the same problem.
    -edit- here we go, go to a trade thread and click on the lil post it note, where it brings you to a page to leave trade feedback, now up at the top it should say Micechat---Feedback
    |BigPigletFan
    Click the feedback link at the top to view their feedback. As for normal feedback you have to just look at the green bars..
    Last edited by Zaris; 09-19-2006 at 03:45 AM.
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

• Paint the Roses Red

Quote Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
    Trade feedback is listed as a lil post it note looking thing in any trade thread.. however sometimes ive had the same problem.
    -edit- here we go, go to a trade thread and click on the lil post it note, where it brings you to a page to leave trade feedback, now up at the top it should say Micechat---Feedback
    |BigPigletFan
    Click the feedback link at the top to view their feedback. As for normal feedback you have to just look at the green bars..
    That was helpful of you! I have only done a total of one trade on MiceChat so far, so I never really have gotten around to figuring out where to find the feedback. Thank for posting that!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
    |BigPigletFan
    Thanks!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Don't Mess With Snapeward

When trading, when you click accept and the other person clicked accept also, when confirming the trade, most people click fast and don't pay attention, but keep your eye on the other person's trade. My best friend lost her crown because the other person took off the item they were trading at the last minute and she didn't notice.
    Thanks FlAmAbLe

• More then a member.

Quote Originally Posted by UltraCheese View Post
    When trading, when you click accept and the other person clicked accept also, when confirming the trade, most people click fast and don't pay attention, but keep your eye on the other person's trade. My best friend lost her crown because the other person took off the item they were trading at the last minute and she didn't notice.
    Theyve changed that now to were if you have hit accept and they remove an item you auto-unaccept. Unless this happened before the update..
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0