Thread: Peeps/Music

Peeps/Music

I have two questions.
    1) How do I get my peep families that I've created to show up in my parks?
    2) How do I get music. I create playlists on Limewire but the files are always m3u and they never show up on RCT3. Any ideas?
    Thanks a million

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Re: Peeps/Music

for music.. go to the RCT options menu... and check the box that says "use music from my RCT3 music file" and then go to your music and there will be a file there that says RCT3 and then just copy and paste the songs you want into the file... for peeps to show up in your park.. after you create your family or peep make sure you save it and they should show up automatically to your park. let me know if you have anyother questions, I am a fanatic for RCT3 too.

how do i copy & paste music from limewire or like itunes? andd how can i see my peep family in a park?

• Still lost in Neverland

For peeps, up in the upper right hand corner is an unmarked icon. If you hold your mouse pointer over it, it will say show your peeps or something like that. When your peep family comes into the Park they are just normal looking peeps, but if you click that icon, a little balloon above each with show up with their names in it and follow above them were ever they go. The leader will take pictures of the rest of the group if you click on him/her. If your group goes on a coaster or ride that has automatic cameras to take pictures on the ride, your group will get there pics taken and these pics and the ones the group leader take will be placed into the RCT3 folder in My Documents/My Pictures on your hard drive for you to enjoy.

Music is easy. When you download a music file from Lime Wire it goes into a sharable folder in your Documents and setting folder. You might have to search for it. When you find it, highlight all the songs and right click then from the menu that opens choose "Cut". Then go to My Documents/My Music Folder, open that and right click on the opened folder anywhere but on another song title and from edit choose "Paste". You new songs will now be removed from the shareable folder (which you want to do) and place in your My Music folder. Then just click on the songs you want to move, choose copy, and find the RCT3 folder in My Music and paste them in there. Make sure you have checked the box in options to use music from My Music Folder and they will appear in the song list whenever you open it in the game. Also remember only the ride entrance stations will play music and each ride or coaster can have a different song playing. The speakers that are in Wild or in the Wild Patch offered at the top of this thread, will play only one song. That means if you have four areas or lands in your park and put speakers in each land, all the speakers will play the same song. Kind of a bad thing, but that's the way they wrote the code. It would be nice if each area of your park could play different background music as your peeps walked around.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

thanks about the peeps. but they're still not working i'll tell you exactly what i did.
    i made a playlist and hit save as and then i saved it to my documents->my music->RCT3 and i clicked the save box
    what am i doing wrong?

• Still lost in Neverland

I have to assume you got the peep thing to work and what is not working is the music. Did you save the playlist to the My Music/RCT3 folder, or the actual MP3 files? The playlist isn't an MP3 file so RCT3 doesn't know what it is. You have to just take the muisc files you want in your Park and put each individual MP3 music file into that My Music/RCT3 folder. If you have all the music files you want in one folder then just highlight them all (do not put the folder in, just the MP3 files in the folder) and copy them into the My Music/MP3 folder. That folder should have nothing put MP3 music files in it. Then make sure you click the box in options to "Use My Music Files". That should do it.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples