Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

VMK - Okay for 10 and 8 year old?

Hey all, I don't play VMK, but I have a question.

My question is this ... my daughter who is 10 and my son who is 8 love VMK. I'm still a little leery of them being "online" and not just playing games but talking to people, etc. Is VMK pretty well regulated, etc?

We have told them to NEVER give out personal info, etc. But you just never know.

• RAWRR(:

Re: VMK - Okay for 10 and 8 year old?

Yes it is. There are VMK staff & you can report people when they do something wrong & the staff deal with it. It could result in a ban from the game for a certain amount of time. There is also and option to ignore other players & add other players to your friends list. If they catch someone trying to give out personal information or "dictionary dancing" to give out personal information they will warn the first time, than ban the player if they do this again. Lots of words can't be said. For example one, two, three etc. all of the numbers. You cannnot say 1 2 3 4.. etc. All bad words are blocked from being said. I would suggest going onto the site & reading the VMK values: Values and maybe reading them over with your children.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

My 10yr old and 6yr old play all the time and the only thing I ever have to worry about is my 10yr olds want to be "taken" *sighs*

Otherwise, VMK has very set security measures in place so kids can play without feeling threatened or without you feeling like you have to worry about their safety. Just give them the general rules, which it sounds like you have, and they should be fine.

My 9 year old son plays. He keeps getting mobbed by girls that want to do taken though. He thinks it is so funny. And he is not allowed to do taken. We both enjoy playing vmk.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

My two boys, 10 and 6, love the game too. I think I play more then they do though. It is completely safe. I highly recommend it.

• You can call me Samy:]

Yes VMK is a very well monitered site. The staff catches everything! lol well some people do sometimes use profanity using dictionary dances and make online romances which i really hate. If you ever see this report. People who do "taken" are so stupid..they dont know they can be talking to an 8 YEAR OLD BOY! or even an 80 year old man! you never know thats why i dont do taken. There is also another thing where players pretend to be babies (the bay be thing) I do not find this dangerous..just annoying LOL VMK is one of the better virtual communities. Gosh if you see some sites like neopets they are SO poorly monitered! on the boards they say umm.."graphic" things its just terrible i do not reccomend neopets at ALL
    And yet through it all, Cinderella remained ever gentle and kind, for
    with each dawn she found new hope that someday her dreams of
    happiness would come true.

My Girls want to play so bad! There seven i might let them play when they turn 8

• More then a member.

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessSamy View Post
    Yes VMK is a very well monitered site. The staff catches everything! lol well some people do sometimes use profanity using dictionary dances and make online romances which i really hate. If you ever see this report. People who do "taken" are so stupid..they dont know they can be talking to an 8 YEAR OLD BOY! or even an 80 year old man! you never know thats why i dont do taken. There is also another thing where players pretend to be babies (the bay be thing) I do not find this dangerous..just annoying LOL VMK is one of the better virtual communities. Gosh if you see some sites like neopets they are SO poorly monitered! on the boards they say umm.."graphic" things its just terrible i do not reccomend neopets at ALL
    Not the best thing to tell a mother.. vmk is great. your only allowed to say things the site wants you to say. It is not possible to give out information. Yet you still might want to watch them for the first few days to see what its like. Princess.. as much as i agree with you this wasnt exactly the place to bring up 80 year old men. Not many of those guys play vmk.
    However the great thing about vmk is cake. Because its awesome, and friends you make.
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

Cool Re: VMK - Okay for 10 and 8 year old?

well you cant really give out personal info on vmk. vmk is so fun, how about you try it?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Hey all, I don't play VMK, but I have a question.

My question is this ... my daughter who is 10 and my son who is 8 love VMK. I'm still a little leery of them being "online" and not just playing games but talking to people, etc. Is VMK pretty well regulated, etc?

We have told them to NEVER give out personal info, etc. But you just never know.
    sir clinks, as a Disney fan yourself I think you should give it a try. You have very sweet kids and being Disney fans (not to mention ones who frequent the parks quite often) I think you should at least give it a try, if nothing else allow them to do the following.

A. Create their characters in the park.
    That way they get the fun "Born in the Park" icon by their character when anyone clicks on them plus black mickey ears and a Disneyland pin.
    B. Complete at In-Park Quests now. Many of them expire on Sept. 30, 2005 so they might as well get them done and entered before then since the codes will expire.
    C. You play with them. Just as other parents mentioned above, Disney fans of all ages play with their kids. For some reason I have a feeling you will enjoy the game too.

I hope to see you and your little clinks in the game.

• Circle of Ancients

Thanks for the tips everyone. I just need to watch out for this "Taken" thing I think.

I would play, but I have so little time now I don't need something else taking up even more free time that I don't have.

Thanks again.

• Senior Minion

Well, of course the game was made mostly towards kids ages 8-14 but they hope that any Disney fan can be able to have a safe experience on VMK. Just enjoy the things technology is doing for Disney!

SnapplePlucked

I think it is ok because my sister plays it and she knows how to get around and she is 10 and if she gives out personal info it prbably wont let her type it

• White Sox Baseball team!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
    Not the best thing to tell a mother.. vmk is great. your only allowed to say things the site wants you to say. It is not possible to give out information. Yet you still might want to watch them for the first few days to see what its like. Princess.. as much as i agree with you this wasnt exactly the place to bring up 80 year old men. Not many of those guys play vmk.
    However the great thing about vmk is cake. Because its awesome, and friends you make.
    zaris why do you always bring up the thing about cake when you post?

Thanks Flammable

MAth Wiz-Kelsey
    Volleyball Champ-Kelsey
    Nice Friend-Kelsey
    Micechat User-Kelsey
    Laughs A Lot-Kelsey
    Chicago White Sox Fan-Kelsey
    Scorpio (my zodiac)-Kelsey
    Happy Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I LOVE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN!!

• Paint the Roses Red

It is just his thing...
    It may be odd, but after so many posts about it we have to just let it go.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast