Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• ^^, rabbitness

5-minute hairstyles .. HELP!!

OK, school is starting soon, and all the hairstyles I know ( that I can do .. ) are just ponytails, messy buns, and braids. I was wondering if anyone has any hairstyles that don't take too long, and are ok for easily tangled long hair. Thanks

~ Sunni
    VMK Name: SunfireGirly
    Wishlist:
    Inferno
    Green Flips
    Pink Flips
    Black Flips
    White Flips ( highlight <-- )
    Space Pants
    Invisibility
    Stitch Hat

VOTE FOR PEDRO
    AND LET YOUR WILDEST DREAMS COME TRUE
    NAPOLEAN DYNAMITE ROX

• Disney Dreams

Re: 5-minute hairstyles .. HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by SunniBunni View Post
    OK, school is starting soon, and all the hairstyles I know ( that I can do .. ) are just ponytails, messy buns, and braids. I was wondering if anyone has any hairstyles that don't take too long, and are ok for easily tangled long hair. Thanks

~ Sunni
    only thing I can think of is ponytails - but u got that covered.. how about just leave it down? My hair is ALWAYS tangled, and some days, I brush it out ( as best I can ) and leave it down. Some GUYS have even told me it looks better that way - just leave it down
    Ponytails are awesome for P.E. days and stuff though

• Stitch &lt;3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

Ok what is your hair type? Curly! HELLO! IM THE MASTER OF CURLY.
    Straighting your hair.
    Take a curly iron and do small wavy curls.
    DONT BRUSH!
    BRUSH BEFORE!
    Hairspray.
    and do what you want from there, it usally looks good down, takes me around 45 min- 1 hr 30

• RAWRR(:

If your like me you can manage to scrunch your hair in 5 minutes or less. Or straighten it. I don't know if it's just me but I can do any of these in 5 minutes. Last night I played in the rain yes I am 15 shut up. With my boyfriend & friend. I ran inside & scrunched my hair saying I had to go to the bathroom so my hair wouldn't frizz. They were both amazed that I did that in 5 minutes.

1. Scrunching your hair
    1 wet your hair after brushing it out.
    2 towel dry it, than brush it out.
    3 Use mousse or gel and grab your hair in sections from the bottom push hair upward and squeeze hands.
    4 After finished all of your hair spray a littke hair spray in it.
    5 Than blow dry it for like 1 minute. Let the rest dry by itself.

After awhile it gets easier.

2. Straightening your hair
    *no explaination

3. Ponytail

4. messy bun or bun

5. Wear it down
    It looks better. Bring a brush & brush it every 1-2 classes. Always bring a brush & ponytail holder with you.

6. Side bang
    It looks good on some people. Simplely brush hair from left/right side to the right/left side. Not all of it, a little bit.

7. Dare to be different
    Try new ways and combine hairstyles like ponytail & side bang. Or scrunched with a straight side bang.

8. My own idea
    I leave my hair straight down. Than take a brush & brush back the middle and bobby pin it. It takes about 1 minute to do/get right.

9. Different braids
    Leave your hair down and take two small pieces of hair, one on left & one on right. Braid each and use a small elastic to hold the both together in the back of course.

10. Change you hair
    Change it throughout the day.

• ~ Cheesin' ~

400 Miles From the Beach. The Perfect, Glorious Beach. Life is so depressing.

^ Yeah, sure, what you said. I'm not much help as I always wear my hair down. I haven't worn it up a day in my life.

I wear my hair down alot except for most P.E. days.
    >Siggie Made By Moi<

• I was deleted.

Me? Hair. I'm lucky if it doesn't frizz.

I just get out of the shower, spray my spray-in conditioner and some hair spray and hope it doesn't frizz too much. On days where I spray it right and it dries a bit before I leave, it looks fine. So, yea.. I'm no help.

• RAWRR(:

I'm obsessed with doing my hair usually. I try to do it different every day if I can.

• ^^, rabbitness

Thanks everyone! I'll try some of those hairstyles that you suggested, Pink. I wear it down too, but I didn't know that that was a hairstyle 0_o

~ Sunny
    VMK Name: SunfireGirly
    Wishlist:
    Inferno
    Green Flips
    Pink Flips
    Black Flips
    White Flips ( highlight <-- )
    Space Pants
    Invisibility
    Stitch Hat

VOTE FOR PEDRO
    AND LET YOUR WILDEST DREAMS COME TRUE
    NAPOLEAN DYNAMITE ROX

• RAWRR(:

Np I have lots of different hair styles. Some that take longer than 5 minutes though.
    You can also pull your hair in a ponytail than just scrunch the ponytail.

• Brianna <3

Quote Originally Posted by BigPigletFan View Post
    Me? Hair. I'm lucky if it doesn't frizz.

I just get out of the shower, spray my spray-in conditioner and some hair spray and hope it doesn't frizz too much. On days where I spray it right and it dries a bit before I leave, it looks fine. So, yea.. I'm no help.
    Same Here!! My hair is always frizzy when it is down, when it is up it's fine, but down ah!

Made by me

• RAWRR(:

My hair frizzes also. I use different products for frizzing that work amazingly. I use B&B (Bumble&Bumble) styling cream before I straighten my hair & it lessens the frizz and holds the look longer.

• Come on already, POTC3!!!

Frizzy hair? By frizzy, do you mean damaged? or are you talking puffy (big, with little form, but still soft)? I had very damaged/frizzy hair as a competitive swimmer when I was younger. The key to getting rid of the frizz? A SERIOUS cut!!! I'm talking from long, to HOLY SHORT. LOL. I took about a foot off when I decided to give up swimming, and it was the best thing I ever did. As it turned out, I actually had curly hair, but my split ends were so bad that you couldn't tell.

Sunnybunni, what is your hair type, and exactly how long is it (half-way down your back, just above your waste, etc.)? Is it dry and rough, or just puffy, but soft? Do you have split ends? What does it look like when it's wet (is it longer? thinner? smoother?)? Do you lose a lot of hair after conditioning? Do you use a blow dryer? What types of hair products do you currently use? If it tangles easily, you might want to get it cut. In which case, what is your face shape? A good cut complements your face shape to the point where the cut alone is a style and can be worn day after day. Bangs are still in this year, so you might want to consider them. Your age will also play an important factor in your style as you don't want anything too mature, but feel free to go as young as you like.

Until you decide whether or not you're going to cut, NEVER BRUSH YOUR HAIR WHILE IT'S DRY. The only time you should ever comb (not brush) easily-tangled hair is while you have conditioner in it IN THE SHOWER (or bath). This will save you vast amounts of pain: in your scalp, as well as in your arms, which tire easily while brushing.

My style suggestion for the time being is my own favourite lazy-day fix (and a favourite of many other university girls): the folded pony tail. It is perfect for hair that tangles easily as well as hair that, when dry, appears to be much shorter than when wet. Position the pony tail at the highest point on the back of your head without it actually sitting on top. When you pull the hair through the elastic, leave a few inches sticking out below the fold. If you're feeling particularly daring, twist the excess hair around the elastic so it now sticks out on top of your head. Better yet, twist it so the hair sits just off-centre of the top of your head and fan it out. Style the excess as well as the shorter pieces around your face with moose and water (squirt moose into palm and rub, add a few drops of water to lower the viscosity and style). Adding water to the moose gives a more natural hold to shorter hair pieces. You don't want that crispy look for a lazy-day hairstyle, it's just too sloppy.

After you answer the few questions I have, I will be able to offer some more styling advice.

And to anyone frustrated with curly hair: I can help. I am the master of curls, not that I'm bragging (not really a title to be too proud of anyway). I'm just offering nearly 10 years experience with taming curly hair. If I had known now what I did then...well...my hair would have looked a lot better when I was younger, lol.

Good luck to all, and happy styling!!!

• Brianna <3

Talking Re: 5-minute hairstyles .. HELP!!

Quote Originally Posted by pinkCHICLETT View Post
    My hair frizzes also. I use different products for frizzing that work amazingly. I use B&B (Bumble&Bumble) styling cream before I straighten my hair & it lessens the frizz and holds the look longer.

[QUOTE][Frizzy hair? By frizzy, do you mean damaged? or are you talking puffy (big, with little form, but still soft)? I had very damaged/frizzy hair as a competitive swimmer when I was younger. The key to getting rid of the frizz? A SERIOUS cut!!! I'm talking from long, to HOLY SHORT. LOL. I took about a foot off when I decided to give up swimming, and it was the best thing I ever did. As it turned out, I actually had curly hair, but my split ends were so bad that you couldn't tell.

Sunnybunni, what is your hair type, and exactly how long is it (half-way down your back, just above your waste, etc.)? Is it dry and rough, or just puffy, but soft? Do you have split ends? What does it look like when it's wet (is it longer? thinner? smoother?)? Do you lose a lot of hair after conditioning? Do you use a blow dryer? What types of hair products do you currently use? If it tangles easily, you might want to get it cut. In which case, what is your face shape? A good cut complements your face shape to the point where the cut alone is a style and can be worn day after day. Bangs are still in this year, so you might want to consider them. Your age will also play an important factor in your style as you don't want anything too mature, but feel free to go as young as you like.

Until you decide whether or not you're going to cut, NEVER BRUSH YOUR HAIR WHILE IT'S DRY. The only time you should ever comb (not brush) easily-tangled hair is while you have conditioner in it IN THE SHOWER (or bath). This will save you vast amounts of pain: in your scalp, as well as in your arms, which tire easily while brushing.

My style suggestion for the time being is my own favourite lazy-day fix (and a favourite of many other university girls): the folded pony tail. It is perfect for hair that tangles easily as well as hair that, when dry, appears to be much shorter than when wet. Position the pony tail at the highest point on the back of your head without it actually sitting on top. When you pull the hair through the elastic, leave a few inches sticking out below the fold. If you're feeling particularly daring, twist the excess hair around the elastic so it now sticks out on top of your head. Better yet, twist it so the hair sits just off-centre of the top of your head and fan it out. Style the excess as well as the shorter pieces around your face with moose and water (squirt moose into palm and rub, add a few drops of water to lower the viscosity and style). Adding water to the moose gives a more natural hold to shorter hair pieces. You don't want that crispy look for a lazy-day hairstyle, it's just too sloppy.

After you answer the few questions I have, I will be able to offer some more styling advice.

And to anyone frustrated with curly hair: I can help. I am the master of curls, not that I'm bragging (not really a title to be too proud of anyway). I'm just offering nearly 10 years experience with taming curly hair. If I had known now what I did then...well...my hair would have looked a lot better when I was younger, lol.

Good luck to all, and happy styling!!!/QUOTE]

I will look into both of your suggestions thx

Made by me

• ImYourWonderWorld On VMK!

My hair is always down , and like WDWgirl, there are some people say i suit it more. but really its only because they get used to you like that

(FROM L - R) [[ICONS 1 AND 2 AND 6 WHERE MADE BY ME]]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast