Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Me and Ilovevmk as elves

Post How to Play VMK, an In Depth Guide

I constantly see people on VMK wondering how to do something. I also see such scenarios here on Micechat. So, I have decicded to write a guide on how to play Virtual Magic Kingdom. Enjoy ! I will also be adding pictures, hopefully soon after I post this. And, if the mods feel it in their hearts, they will sticky this !

First and foremost, make sure you have an internet connection. But obviously you do, considering you are reading this ! Next, make sure you have some skills with the keyboard and mouse.

To Create An Account: Go to the actualy Virtual Magic Kingdom(referred to as VMK in this guide) website: http://vmk.disney.go.com/vmk/en_US/i...me=VMKHomePage. Click the giant green button saying "Play Now Free." Once there, log on as normal, or, if you are just creating an account, enter your birthday and continue. Enter all correct information into the proper fields, and hit go. Follow the steps from there. If I remember correctly, it will automatically log you on to VMK. Once the loading screen appears, go to the next step.

Your First Visit To The Magical Kingdom: Once the loading screen is past, it will take you to an updating screen. Let that do it's thing, and it will enter you into the Magical World of Disney. When you first enter, you will be in the Esplanade, and a help screen will appear.

The Basics: To move, simply move your cursor where you want to go, and left click. To talk, simply type what you want to say, and press enter, or return. Some words, however, are not read by the VMK dictionary. In the game, you have a very limited vocaublary, which is why people dictionary dance. Though it is against the rules, staff allow it, unless it is in a bad case. For example, you are unable to say "1", or "one." So, people instead say "on," and based around the context, assume you mean "one." However, using this in the case of a phone number will resut in a ban, which we will talk about later. Also, to exit a room, either go near the edge of the room, and move around. A red "Exit" cursor shouls appear. Click, and your character will move to that area, and go into the connecting room.

The Interface: The VMK interface is a pretty easy design once you get used to it. By clicking the "I" in the bottom lefthand corner, it shows you the room's information; the name and the instance. By clicking the little globe button, it takes you to the world map, which we will talk about later also. By clicking the little chair icon, it takes you to a screen which shows you how many credits you have, which pins, posters, and furniture you have, and lets you enter secret codes, which will be discussed later. By clicking the Mail icon, it lets you send and view messages from VMK and other payers. It also shows you a list of your friends. By clicking "Shop" it lets you buy furniture, posters, pins, and sometimes ride pieces from the shops. But to buy the special items, you must phsically visit the shop. When visiting a shop, to see the specials, either double click on the cash register, or open up the shop window. By clicking the "Q" button, it shows you the various quests which are availible, discussed later. The heart button lets you dance, wave, and give an emote; a little face above your head showing your emotion. The text bar is described above, and the wand lets you use your magic pins, discussed later. The camera button lets you use your camera, discussed later, the shirt button lets you change your clothes, which is self explanitory and let's you change your signature, which is shown when others click on you. "Help" is a help menu, and "Exit" lets you exit the game..

The World Map: When you click this button on the interface, described above, it will take you to the world map. From here, you can choose to go to either Tomorrowland, Frontierland, Adventureland, Fantasyland, Main Street, or other players's guest rooms, described below. From each location you click, you can then choose to go to a section of that world. By clicking the "Advanced Mode" button, you can choose the instance of each room you go to. For each gold mickey head, there are 5 or less people in the room. If there are 3 red mickey head, that indicates the room is currently full, and there is a queue, or line of people waiting to get into that room.

Quests: There are player made quests, and official VMK quests. To get to some of the VMK quests, click the little "Q" button on the VMK interface. This will bring up a new screen. On the top, it let's you scroll through the various quests. The prize you get is shown in the far right column, the fastest players to complete the quest are listed in the middle, and the description is shown on the left. To start a quest, click "Start This Quest." To leave the screen, either click the little "X" in the top right corner, or click the "Cancel" button. Other quests are also located in the Captain's Quest Quarter's Room, Autopia Quest room, and Space Mountain Quest Deck. Each will give you a magic pin, which will let you dive, drive, or go into space, respectivly. You also must start and finish the quests in that order, to do the next one. The space pin lets you visit the Inner Space Shop, and the driving pin and diving pin let you go to their respective areas and go around and collect items for credits when you leave that area. Such areas may be discussed in this article if I feel like it.

The Camera: To take a picture, click the camera button. A new window will come up, and choose to take a picture. Then drag the new screen that comes up, and click the "Take Picture" button to take the picture of the current area.

Guest Rooms: In the game, you are also able to buy guest rooms. The current availible guest rooms are seen in this thread: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...151&styleid=-1. You can buy these from the same window as any shopping window. Just click the "Guest Rooms" tab at the top, and scroll through and find one you like. To decorate these rooms, click on the "Guest Rooms" tab on the world map, or click the castle, and it will open a new window. Click on the tab "Your Rooms" and choose the room you wish to enter. To place furniture, open up the furniture window(the chair icon) and select the furniture. An option will become availible to place it. Put it somewhere, and then click the furniture. A new window ask if you want to take away, rotate, or move. Select one.

Getting Credits: Credits are the form of currency in the game. To get these, there are multiple ways. There are some secret codes, explained in other threads here on Micechat. There are minigames, explained later. And there are the dailies. The dailies are the NPC's(Non-Player Characters) you visit everyday. They are as follows. To get your credits from them, you jsut double click each character. The first time you visit each, you will recieve 40 credits and a pin from each, except the ghosts, and after that only 20 per each every day.

Esmerelda-Emporium
    Yeti-Matterhorn
    Dragon-Dungeon
    Phineas, Ezra, and Gus-Haunted Mansion (Go through the glowing teleporter, and continue through the rooms)
    Shrunken Ned-Shrunken Ned's Shop
    Captain Blackheart-Pirate's Treehouse
    Gaitor Waiter - Blue Bayou
    Create A New Song-Street Music Party Game (Just open up an existing song, hit play, stop, save, and exit.)

Also, every 25 minutes or so, you can play the Street Music Party Game, which will give you 25 credits each. Another way for credits is to sell your items, but I recommend not to. Believe me, you will regret it !

Minigames: There are multiple guides here on Micechat. Read some of them, and also read the instructions on each game.

Secret Codes: VMK sometimes does special promotions in which they will hand out codes for some thing. Promotions going on at the time of me writing this are as follows:
    Narnia Items: http://disney.go.com/disneyvideos/liveaction/narnia/adventureGame/index.html
    Everest Room+Pin+Chair+200 Credits: http://www.disneyeverest.com/ (download and install)
    Buzz Cup Pin: http://disneyland.disney.go.com/disneyland/en_US/parks/attractions/detail?name=BuzzLightyearAttractionPage(download and install)

There are also some multiuse codes, which are one time use per account.

Bans: If you violate the Terms and Conditions, you will be banned, for a day, a week, a year, 10 years, or even forever!!! You can review those here: http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...182&styleid=-1.

Thanks for taking your time and reading through this guide. If you have any questions, comments, ideas, or things need to be added, please post it all on this thread. As I said, I hope to have picture up soon also.
    Last edited by SummerInFL; 08-22-2007 at 11:03 AM. Reason: removed codes...

• Purple Crates ♥

Re: How to Play VMK, an In Depth Guide

Sweet that helps me out a lot!

Thanks for makign it!

Laura

Quote Originally Posted by cyre View Post
    Sweet that helps me out a lot!

Thanks for makign it!

Laura
    You'er welcome! Glad SOMEONE read it. Lol, thanks. That reminds me I need to put pictures up also.

• JamiPrincess on VMK

Quote Originally Posted by dubeskin View Post
    You'er welcome! Glad SOMEONE read it. Lol, thanks. That reminds me I need to put pictures up also.
    hey i read it too! lol. thanks for putting this up! it will help a lot of new players.
    JamiPrincess on VMK

• Senior Minion

Thanks for taking the time to write this up, it is really helpful!

• CCL Baby!

120 miles away from the nearest cruise port ;)

Arrrrrrr matey! I love VMK, and this is quite helpful!
    (Signature Uploading..)

• Disney Cruise '06

nice help!

Bans: If you violate the Terms and Conditions, you will be banned, for up to 10 years.

That is not ture. u can be banned forever also

• ImYourWonderWorld On VMK!

That is not ture. u can be banned forever also
    *Cough* Spelling *Cough* LOL.

Good Tips. This is off the topic but cute dog.

(FROM L - R) [[ICONS 1 AND 2 AND 6 WHERE MADE BY ME]]

• Disney Cruise '06

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulu View Post
    *Cough* Spelling *Cough* LOL.

Good Tips. This is off the topic but cute dog.
    i never was good at Spelling.... *sigh*

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Fabulous guide, thanks for making the effort.

Muchas gracias senora! I guess I have to work on adding pictures now that it is stickied lol.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Quote Originally Posted by dubeskin View Post
    Muchas gracias senora! I guess I have to work on adding pictures now that it is stickied lol.
    Very nice work.

• mannequins man

I enjoyed playing the game a lot the first year that it was on, and the games were all fairly simple. But in the second year with all the new quests, and the need to earn the pins first in order to do certain things has made it much more confusing, and frustrating at times. I prefer being able to read a set of rules, or at least hints before playing a game. I'm still not really clear how the quests work, but at least now I know there is an order to it.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey orl fla View Post
    I enjoyed playing the game a lot the first year that it was on, and the games were all fairly simple. But in the second year with all the new quests, and the need to earn the pins first in order to do certain things has made it much more confusing, and frustrating at times. I prefer being able to read a set of rules, or at least hints before playing a game. I'm still not really clear how the quests work, but at least now I know there is an order to it.
    That is how I felt too when I came back to playing the game last March. It took me a while to finally get all of my Tomorrowland magic quests completed as I let my friends Troylila (Hilsbro) and yoyoflamingo complete them first. I eventually made my way out there to do it myself bit by bit. Personally I feel that once you complete those quests the game gets a bit easier. I also have really enjoyed the Host quests (Baseball outfit, HSM, Pirate Hat, Waterpark rooms, Tron rooms, weekly quests, etc.) and always look forward to and hope for them more often.

• PotO LUVR :]

Oh Snap, Awesome!
    PROUD BAND GEEK :]

GAMES I LOVE
    [IMG]http://icons.*************/154/ICONATOR_1bc59e8ac7a67f04f83ed3b4e2ffc500.png[/IMG]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast