• Come on already, POTC3!!!

Is stealing possible?

I was just in a trade, and I had items showing while VMK was closing. The other person clicked "accept" even though I was just displaying my stuff. Then, the box appeared that says, "the other person has not offered anything, so you will basically be giving these items away", or something like that. For those of you who pass items between multiple accounts, you will recognize this message. You should also recognize that it only appears when YOU click "accept" while the other person has nothing showing in the trade.

My dilemma is that I did NOT accept, yet I still got this message. Is there a bug that allows a one-sided trade-acceptance at VMK closing? If so, I just lost some good stuff, and it IS possible to steal others' things. I will check first thing tomorrow morning to ensure that I have not been cheated, and I will let you all know what I find.

• I was deleted.

Re: Is stealing possible?

I can't say I've had that happen. I usually stop all trading a couple of minutes after VMK closes or ask to continue the next day instead.

Let us know tomorrow what happens.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Why would you "display" items in a trade box? You can show stuff to people in a room... or if the items are pins or costumes, by wearing them.

I DO NOT go into a trade box unless I am absolutely sure I know what the trade will be.

Otherwise, you are leaving yourself vulnerable to a scam.

NEVER
    open a trade box unless you KNOW what the trade is... and you are comfortable with the terms. If you follow this rule, you will never have anything "stolen."
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    Why would you "display" items in a trade box? You can show stuff to people in a room... or if the items are pins or costumes, by wearing them.

I DO NOT go into a trade box unless I am absolutely sure I know what the trade will be.

Otherwise, you are leaving yourself vulnerable to a scam.

NEVER
    open a trade box unless you KNOW what the trade is... and you are comfortable with the terms. If you follow this rule, you will never have anything "stolen."
    Hmm.. that's a good point. But often I don't want to discuss trades in busy trade rooms either. I usually discuss things and don't rush into anything, I think that's the main thing.

Well, I have checked and nothing is missing.

I don't mind showing things in a trade box. You can't show your furniture unless you own the room. In rare trade rooms, it is difficult to make trades in the open without the use of a trade box since everyone is screaming out what they're trading and what they want.

Anywho, now that my stuff is all there, I'm pretty sure you can't get scammed unless you accidentally click "accept". So I'm not too worried about putting up boxes. Thanks for the warning, though.

• More then a member.

Even if you do "accidnely hit accept" the confirm box comes up saying Are you SURE you want this trade, are you sure? Confirmed. Confirmed Confirmed?
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

• Why am I here?

I remember a game I used to play cartoon orbit you may know scams happened a lot in trade because if u hit tab or whatever you could remove your stuff in the trade while the accept thing was happening...however you couldnt hit accept for people or anything like that so i really doubt that is possible...you probably hit it and didnt realize.

I really didn't hit it. The x wasn't in the box. I checked.

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by tinker_bee View Post
    Well, I have checked and nothing is missing.
    I'm glad to hear that.