• Me and Ilovevmk as elves

Sad Invisible Children.

http://www.invisiblechildren.com/home.php

There has been a civil war going on in Northern Uganda for the past 20 years. The children of Uganda live in fear of being killed, kidnapped, forced into warfare, and physically and sexually abused by the Lord's Resistance Army. This army is an opposition army against the government, though there is nothing wrong with it. Watch the video for a little more in depth on this. As I said, the children are abducted and brainwashed to kill, and only to kill, other people. If they resist the process, they are killed also.

Has anyone else heard of this? Well, the reason I bring it up now, is because my highschool has been extremely active in this cause. And just this saturday, we will be doing a used book sale and free showing of the movie, which I all highly encourage you to buy.

If you don't feel like buying the DVD or video, you can watch it here for free. Note: If you are under 10, please refrain from watching this. There are some graphic scenes, and the way things are described could be bone-chilling.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...sible+children

I highly encourage every micechatter to help with this cause. It is very severe, and people are dying because others aren't taking action. Please help these Invisible Children.
    Last edited by dubeskin; 09-05-2006 at 06:22 PM.

• More then a member.

Re: Invisible Children.

Would you mind explaining a little more? The website wasnt quite clear and i dont exactly have 55 minutes to watch that video, Although i did skim through, niether website or video gave a clear explination of what this fund is for, who these children are and what they are going through. id like to know more
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

Sorry. Let me explain. I will edit the post above.

• RAWRR(:

Eww I think my english teacher said something about that before.

• More then a member.

I just watched a lot of the video and let me see if i can summerize it for others dubes. And you tell me if i got it right (this is pretty brutal)
    Theres this weird crazy guy living in the jungle of uganda, who has the plan to overthrow the government. but people didnt want to fight anymore since hes been trying to do it for 17 years. So now in order to keep his insane movement going, he goes at night to kidnap children and brainwash them into being soilders in his hell army. He chooses children because "they are big enough to carry guns, but small enough to sneak into schools to steal more children" When they are first taken they are then taught theyre first lesson in the jungle. They join in brutally killing, with knifes, beating, guns, or whatever torture they can find into killing a previous member of the rebel force, who was disobeying orders, or who they just felt should die.
    Eugh. Im sorry im a little sickened by this jungle freak.
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

• RAWRR(:

Oh now I get it. Yeah my english teacher did say something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
    I just watched a lot of the video and let me see if i can summerize it for others dubes. And you tell me if i got it right (this is pretty brutal)
    Theres this weird crazy guy living in the jungle of uganda, who has the plan to overthrow the government. but people didnt want to fight anymore since hes been trying to do it for 17 years. So now in order to keep his insane movement going, he goes at night to kidnap children and brainwash them into being soilders in his hell army. He chooses children because "they are big enough to carry guns, but small enough to sneak into schools to steal more children" When they are first taken they are then taught theyre first lesson in the jungle. They join in brutally killing, with knifes, beating, guns, or whatever torture they can find into killing a previous member of the rebel force, who was disobeying orders, or who they just felt should die.
    Eugh. Im sorry im a little sickened by this jungle freak.
    Pretty much right. Let me see if I can get into the host room, then I will tell you where you were wrong, which you really weren't!

Okay, pretty much right, except that some peope actually do follow him. It's not just him. There are in fact people who believe what he says. And he doesn't do the kidnapping, the actualy brainwashed children do it. And Pink, it is sick.