Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I am dragon hear me roar!

Re: How LittleDragonErin plays Haunted Mansion...

Quote Originally Posted by fuzzywhiskers27 View Post
    But again just out of curiosity, what type of computer do you use?
    I have 2 computers I use. Both are Pentium 4, 3GHz with 2 GB Ram. One is custom made, the other is a Dell 4700 series. The difference with the 2 is one has a wire connection and the other is wireless. Slower one is the wireless one.

Quote Originally Posted by skateprincesariel View Post
    thanks for the tips
    but i can't seem to figure out the arrows when playing
    Arrows on the player or the arrow keys?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by LittleDragonErin View Post
    I have 2 computers I use. Both are Pentium 4, 3GHz with 2 GB Ram. One is custom made, the other is a Dell 4700 series. The difference with the 2 is one has a wire connection and the other is wireless. Slower one is the wireless one.

Arrows on the player or the arrow keys?
    i don't understand how to move a certain way like is the right arrow right? and the right and up right and up or like that stuff =]
    it's very weird i use the mouse it's good but seems arrows work better.

Wow...so I played HM for the first time in a while today and I sort of like the changes. The ghosts are smarter and faster. And the layout makes for some tricky maneuvering.

At the same time, I feel sorry for those with slow computers. This, I'm sure, makes it impossible for them to play.

Anyway, reading through my tips, they are all still very valid and work. You just have to move a lot SMARTER now. Careful using those barriers to avoid ghosts, as they are smart enough to know how to cut you off.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

The ghosts have gotten a lot smarter! The room configurations have gotten a lot trickier. (Although, I did get an "old" configuration today. Ah, nostalgia.)

Something I've noticed regarding the "zig-zag" configuration I mentioned above... and many of the new layouts:

It's often a good idea to play closely with your opponent. They will keep their ghosts out of your way and you can keep your ghosts out of their way. If you can create this kind of cooperative effort, you'll both get more ghosts.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    The ghosts have gotten a lot smarter! The room configurations have gotten a lot trickier. (Although, I did get an "old" configuration today. Ah, nostalgia.)

Something I've noticed regarding the "zig-zag" configuration I mentioned above... and many of the new layouts:

It's often a good idea to play closely with your opponent. They will keep their ghosts out of your way and you can keep your ghosts out of their way. If you can create this kind of cooperative effort, you'll both get more ghosts.
    Actually, I've figured out the AI's thought process. You can still run circles around your opponent's ghosts with a little strategy. Again, a faster computer is necessary for this. Since they like to cut you off and with the way the new layouts are, you can draw the enemy ghosts to you by running past them and having them follow you to an open area. Stand in the middle until all of them are pretty much entering that area, then quickly run to one side. Since the area is open, they only have one path to you. When they get close, run along the outer edge until you get back to a corridor and run out. Your enemy ghosts have now all been herded out of your way and that should seperate them from your own ghosts long enough to catch them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12