Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceChat News Team
    • Supervillan Extrodinaire

Blog Entries

Nintendo's new Wii system info released.

The hot toy this Christmas?

Nintendo Wii Launches in the US November 20 for $250

September 14, 2006

By Alice Hill
    RealTechNews
    It’s official. The next salvo in the console wars has been fired: The Seattle PI “accidently” leaked the launch date and price point for its next generation console, the oddly named Nintendo Wii. According to the leak, the Wii launches on November 19, 2006 for a price of $250 USD. Today the new website for the Wii also went live. (Click here to check out Wii.com)
    To come with Wii Sports, which includes golf, bowling, baseball and tennis games controlled by swinging the wii-mote. 25 titles available by end of year. 30 classic games, including Zelda, Super Mario Bros. and Donkey Kong. Source: Gizmodo
    We Say: While Sony struggles with a spiraling price tag and delays, and the Xbox 360 works on keeping the momentum of last year’s head start, we think it may be Nintendo who steals the show this round. And They Say: Why’s laughing now, punk?
    Cool Preview Video of Nintendo’s Lineup

• Earth Intruder

Re: Nintendo's new Wii system info released.

Woo woo!!! I am so getting one! My roommate says he wants to laugh at me as I shoot a bow and arrow with the Wiimote onto the screen, listening to the "thwip" noise emitted from the controller

That video rocks, BTW. Too too cool. F the PS3
    Last edited by Chernabog; 09-14-2006 at 11:47 AM.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Just this guy......

Does anyone else think that sony is in trouble?

• Circle of Ancients

^ Absolutely!!! I have no desire to buy the PS3, or XBOX 360. But I will be all over this. Especially since the games are still about $50.

• Banned User

Mom.. i know what else i want for christmas... lol

• I'm your huckleberry.

My other half has been talking about this system for months! It looks pretty slick. I have a feeling we'll be adding it too our gaming library before too long.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

WII's the best new system its
    the cheapest
    Free Online game play (and free Browser until June)
    Bext Games of the 3 sytems
    and comes with a FREE Game WII sports

How can you beat all that???

• Master of Suspense

So the games are controlled just from that little remote? That's kinda cool but it kind of makes for a wierd controller.

"To Serve Man... it's a cookbook!!!"

Ever heard of the dyslexic man who sold his soul to Santa?

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crazy go nuts View Post
    So the games are controlled just from that little remote? That's kinda cool but it kind of makes for a wierd controller.
    There's a remote and a Little Controller.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    WII's the best new system its
    the cheapest

Best Games of the 3 systems? O Rly?

It has the potential to have the best games for sure, especially first party titles. But Nintendo hasn't had decent third party support since SNES. Hopefully developers will be inspired to mae use of the Wii's innovative features. As of yet, it's far to early to tell.

Quote Originally Posted by JerrodDRagon View Post
    There's a remote and a Little Controller.
    At cost. Like most Nintendo consoles, you'll have to buy a peripheral. The problem with Nintendo peripherals is that they cost a lot, are usually bulky, and only work for one game. Waste of money IMO.

Looking forward to seeing the Wii when it comes out, but I don't forsee a take over of Sony's market share. The Wii is so cheap that it allows consumers to buy two systems in one generation, and since most of us will have an HD tv within the next five years (they're getting CRAZY cheap), most of us will want to benefit from HD gaming and video. No HD support from Nintendo has been announced.

• itty bitty

Blog Entries

Ill let my brother get it first and see how I do with it, then decide if I wanna take the plunge.
    "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

• Banned User

I'm gettin' this!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    ^ Absolutely!!! I have no desire to buy the PS3, or XBOX 360. But I will be all over this. Especially since the games are still about $50.
    The new games are 60 the ports of Gamecube with no added anything but Wii mote features are 50 eventually all Gamecube games will be around 60 bucks dude.

[quote=JerrodDRagon;991859]WII's the best new system its
    the cheapest
    Yeah I guess the other 2 are more expensive cause they are actually Next Gen consoles. The Wii has motion sesnor yes but inside it is not much at all.
    The browser in the PS3 is free and according to Sony all online games will be free including free content.
    How can you tell if they all arent out yet dude?
    The PS3 comes with a free flash game and may come with a free Demo Blu-Ray disc but no confirmed.
    Blu-Ray can :P and Halo can even though I'm not found of Halo so can Final Fantasy, Devil MC Cry etc.......

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    Best Games of the 3 systems? O Rly?

It has the potential to have the best games for sure, especially first party titles. But Nintendo hasn't had decent third party support since SNES. Hopefully developers will be inspired to mae use of the Wii's innovative features. As of yet, it's far to early to tell.
    I completely agree. It is the same issue Nintendo is having on the DS. Nintendo's titles are great, as are select titles from major third parties (Ubisoft, Capcom), but the vast majority pigeonhole a DS feature into the game just to make the game seem relevent to the platform.

However, the nine launch titles Ubisoft is pledging (although some of those are liscensed), as well as the support of Capcom, EA, etc. has me hoping that a wider selection of games is in the future.

At cost. Like most Nintendo consoles, you'll have to buy a peripheral. The problem with Nintendo peripherals is that they cost a lot, are usually bulky, and only work for one game. Waste of money IMO.
    True, Nintendo is bad about peripherals. However, so is Sony (eyetoy anyone?). However, the difference between controller prices can be taken into account when you consider that at least Nintendo isn't trying to sell the same controller to consumers for a third generation in a row.

Think about it this way: at most you'll need to buy an additional three Wiimotes at an extra $20 (over PS3/XBOX360 controller price) a piece. That is $60 more than their competitors. However, XBOX games are an extra $10 per game, and PS3 games are an extra $20 a game. Buy 6 XBOX games, or 3 PS3 games, and you're back to square one.

Looking forward to seeing the Wii when it comes out, but I don't forsee a take over of Sony's market share. The Wii is so cheap that it allows consumers to buy two systems in one generation, and since most of us will have an HD tv within the next five years (they're getting CRAZY cheap), most of us will want to benefit from HD gaming and video. No HD support from Nintendo has been announced.
    I agree and disagree. I agree that Sony will not fail in the way everyone thinks. I believe that Sony and XBOX will be fairly close, with Wii in a not so distant third. However, I disagree that when consumers buy two consoles, they will buy a Wii and a PS3. The base consles of a Wii and a 360 combined are about the same price as a base PS3.

Oh, and I can't wait for the Virtual Consle. That is what I'm most excited about. Oh, and of course Twilight Princess.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast