• Senior Minion

Sad I am BAD @ Pirates & Mansion - HELP !!!

Ok, so how do you end up getting good at the Pirates and Mansion games, because I am terrible.

I find the controls for Mansion to be really bad, with either the mouse or arrows. What do you guys use? How did you get good at this game? Did you play a lot or something.

And Pirates! Wow ... I'm TERRIBLE. I tend to do better on Capture The Flag, but Battle is my weakness. Do you guys have any tips?

I have to admit that whenever there is a Quest that involves either game I dread it, especially Pirates ... because I have to spend credits to play and I usually don't break even there.

So, any advice ... ?

• Ray's Evil Cookie Baker

Re: I am BAD @ Pirates & Mansion - HELP !!!

Practice Practice Practice Really that's what helped me, I made myself play til I was better at the games. As for the controls in mansion, it's preference, some here prefer the keys others the mouse. There are some great guides under tips and tricks for both these games.

CL_LittleDragonErin posted one for Mansion
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...620&styleid=-1

And there are a couple of threads with Pirate tips, but here's a link to one of them
    http://www.micechat.com/forums/showt...586&styleid=-1

take that jediMihawk

• Disney Cruise '06

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch74 View Post
    Ok, so how do you end up getting good at the Pirates and Mansion games, because I am terrible.

I find the controls for Mansion to be really bad, with either the mouse or arrows. What do you guys use? How did you get good at this game? Did you play a lot or something.

And Pirates! Wow ... I'm TERRIBLE. I tend to do better on Capture The Flag, but Battle is my weakness. Do you guys have any tips?

I have to admit that whenever there is a Quest that involves either game I dread it, especially Pirates ... because I have to spend credits to play and I usually don't break even there.

So, any advice ... ?

MANSION CONTROLS: (that i use) I use the mouse and shift. ;-) but almost everyone i know uses the Ctrl button

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

In Mansion, I prefer the arrows. I think I have a lot more precision in guiding my character this way. It takes some practice, though. Here's a couple of tips:

You move faster when going diagonally. (Using the arrow keys, you push two at the same time.) Often, when an enemy ghost is close, you can avoid being "turned" when you're moving diagonally... especially if you're hugging a wall or rail.

Work in concert with your opponent. They will keep their ghosts cleaned up and out of your way. I've gotten my highest scores when I've followed my opponent around the mansion.

Keep an eye out for fat groups of your ghosts... then go get 'em!

If you get "turned" use that time to go find a group of your own ghosts. The enemy can't harm you when you're their color.

In Pirates: I'll only offer some suggestions for Capture since I'm fairly good at it, but not so good at Battle.

Capture The Flag: #1 rule never forget it sear it in your brain!!! :
    It's all about the flag!!! Get The Flag!!! Move It Towards Your Base!!!

Obviously, you don't want your ship sunk, but if you can get the other team's flag on your ship and move it 1/8th of an inch closer to your base than they can move yours to theirs, you win.

2-0n-2 games: try to take out one of your opponents out fast. Then it's two against one and you CAN steal their flag.

If you can get your opponents' flag on your ship... RUN HOME! Even if the route gets you killed, as long as you are closer to your base with their flag than they are to their base with your flag... you win.

DO NOT let the other team move your flag. (if you can!)

oh... and have fun!

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Senior Minion

Thanks for the tips, they are certainly helpful.

• FallOut? where..!?

I agree with Tom Chaney, the tips are great. And like halifax_girl said PRACTICE. If a quest involves Pirates, practice BEFORE you start doing the ques as well as fireworks, and jungle cruise, but jungle cruise is the easiest one. Like the Shipwrecks& Whatnot quest () you need to do pirates, but you dont have to necessarily win, As for the plus, you get a somewhat good amount of credits EVEN if you lose. Good luck and happy gameing!
    the oc freak. <3*

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Oh... and don't tell anyone I said this. For a quest, if you have to do a game of Ship Battle and score 100 points:

Find a skilled group of players and join their game. When the battle starts, go hide somewhere. They'll all kill each other and you'll be the last ship standing.

"Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• FallOut? where..!?

Ive tried doing that in a guest-filled game, they all killed me, even the one on MY team..guests really dont know anything..
    the oc freak. <3*

• White Sox Baseball team!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch74 View Post

So, any advice ... ?
    I played a lot of haunted mansion games so I awesome at it. I don't even have to look at the keyboard when I'm using the controls. I think all you need is some practice thats all don't worry.

Thanks Flammable

MAth Wiz-Kelsey
    Volleyball Champ-Kelsey
    Nice Friend-Kelsey
    Micechat User-Kelsey
    Laughs A Lot-Kelsey
    Chicago White Sox Fan-Kelsey
    Scorpio (my zodiac)-Kelsey
    Happy Thanksgiving and Christmas!

I LOVE PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN!!