Thread: The Big Apple

• Looking for Love

The Big Apple

My iBook G4 screen died........I asked apple how much it would cost to repair it and they said 1400.00 Thats rediculas, considering i originally bought it for 1100.00 2.5 years ago. I am a broke college student and need another ibook ASAP. But I can't really spend over 300. Any suggestions/ sites/ anyone selling? Would really appriciate it. Thank you in advance for any suggestions.
    Derek =]

Re: The Big Apple

Firstly, I'm sorry to hear that. I've had a laptop die on me recently, and it really sucks.

I know this isn't going to help now, but I highly recommend getting AppleCare with your new computer. I've never had any problems with them, and they have always done a great job fixing my computer. It's completely worth the extra $300.

Unfortunately, unless you find a used computer, I think it's going to be impossible for you to find a new Apple laptop at anything below retail.

Two possible options:

-Buy a stand alone monitor for your laptop. It would fix the screen issue, but then your computer wouldn't be portable.

-Invest in a Mac mini. They're fairly powerful, cheap (not $300 though), but aren't portable and also require a monitor.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Try craigslist. You can often find very inexpensive electronics on there, as long as you're not too picky.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• out & about

did you try taking it in to a mac genius? you might be surprised. also, they sell refreshed stuff in the store and on their website... but its still more than 300. i know they have an iPod recycling program you might want to ask if they do they same thing for laptops. or you could try selling your on ebay that might help raise funds to put toward your new comp do theblow isnt as big.

good luck.
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc