• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

Neverwinter Nights 2

Anyone playing this yet? Comments, opinions?

i'm loading mine up once my new system gets here in 10 days
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Re: Neverwinter Nights 2

RESOURCE HOG seriously this game even at minium settings on a real nice computer my brothers has way past the reccomended and the graphics suck yet his Framerate is really low!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Don't diss my bonnet

the location of my profile picture is Knott's in 1972, i'm about 10 months old.

yeah that's what i've heard which is why i'm investing in a top of the line system...if i could only pick between the 2 choices i have...maybe you can give some advice here---> http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43687
    Will there be screams when the sun sets,
    -=Is It October Yet?=-

Quote Originally Posted by Tinkermonkey
    elly is the ultimate nerdy girl. But she makes it sexy
    Quote Originally Posted by pratt55
    Elly is adorkable.

Quote Originally Posted by elly View Post
    yeah that's what i've heard which is why i'm investing in a top of the line system...if i could only pick between the 2 choices i have...maybe you can give some advice here---> http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43687
    I don't think it can be solved in hardware, this time around it was just bad coding. I coulden't sorry usualy my dad buys me my computer.

• Master Video Slinger

It runs pretty smooth for me and I don't have a high end system at all really.

What does bother me is that it just feels like another standard iteration of CRPG-ness. It doesn't innovate anything really, and I'm so tired of the boring old fetch and investigate quests.

The controls feel kind of sluggish, and not in a video lag kind of way. For example something I would do in Baulders Gate 2 was use my rogue to check for traps, scout ahead, and then open a door to a room I knew was full of bad guys. At the same time my two spell casters would hurl fireballs, or some other area effect, and clear the room out. I did that all at the same time too. It doesn't feel like you could pull that off with the same precision in NWN2. You also had to be careful with your area spells because they could hurt you too. I blew up my rogue a time or ten. No longer. You can unload your worst area spells right on top of you and nothing will happen.

It also shows how bad the AI is. In my last play session my wizard got some Gas spell that causes death in weaker opponents. Do the bad guys avoid my gaseous cloud of instant death? No they march into it one by one until there is a pile of corpses laying at my feet.

Party AI is a little better though, or maybe battles just don't require the teamwork. I remember in Baulders Gate 2 needing to pause the game and ordering each of my six party member to do their attacks on their own and who they should be attacking. In NWN2 I can let the AI do its own thing and for the most part don't regret it. Except for the druid. She has the habit of turning herself into some stupid little forest creature instead of smiting our foes with her magical prowess. It wouldn't be so bad if she turned into something awesome that could fight, but she turns into something like a badger that misses most attacks and when she does hit it's for a paltry amount.