Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Youtube

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Re: Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by pinkCHICLETT View Post
    How would you feel if you made a thread about a friend who died or commited suicide and I sat there and said omg you are incouraging us to kill ourselves. I bet you wouldn't like you. Think over both sides of this before you attack.
    I don't know. I know I wouldn't post videos of a 13 year old who hung herself, that includes things like a picture of her -- a 13 year old girl who hung herself -- with the line "Your so pretty when your drunk". I suppose if I posted something like that, I'd expect some people to think it didn't belong here. I'm not judging you or your cousin's dead friend. I just didn't think the videos were appropriate here.

Edit: I am not saying that you are encouraging people to kill themselves. What I said, and it is a generally accepted fact in among mental health professionals, is that such things are harmful. They tend to encourage copycat behavior among a small number of teens who are in delicate emotional states. Hopefully, no one here is in such a state, but who knows? For that reason, such tributes, especially those that glorify the inappropriate and self-destructive behavior, as parts of those videos do, are harmful. I pity the girl and her family. For her to do such a thing, she clearly was in great emotional pain. She probably had an addiction of some sort, too, as this sort of behavior in such a young person also almost always comes with substance abuse. You and/or whoever put the videos together unwittingly supported that with the "when your drunk" reference. I'm sure you didn't mean to, but you did. And when you do that, it is not inappropriate for an adult to say something about it.

That's all I'm going to say about it from now on. If the young uns want to bash me for it, go ahead.
    Last edited by steamboatpete; 11-10-2006 at 11:54 AM.

• RAWRR(:

Yes you are judging her. It is none of your bussiness of what I post. If it doesn't belong a MOD will take care of it. & about the you're so pretty when your drunk part, it's from a song & my cousins friend put it on there and people didn't want to take it off. So yeah thanks. And you're the one bringing the whole post off topic thanks.. How come whenever I try to post something MEANINGFUL I always get attacked for the wrong reasons.

• Disney Cruise '06

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    And yet you quickly comment about something I wrote that you didn't like. Pot, meet kettle. Besides, if we can discuss ANYTHING here, I guess we can discuss how we think the videos are not appropriate, can't we? In fact, if we wanted to, we could say that we think it is psychologically harmful for teens to post and spread tribute videos to people who commit suicide, because it has been shown in studies that such "glorification" of the victim sometimes inspires other depressed teens to consider suicide, in the hopes that they will also enjoy such esteem after killing themselves. If I had the time, I could probably dig up the reference, but frankly, I haven't studied abnormal psych since I was a psych minor in college almost 20 years ago.

And if we can discuss ANYTHING here, we can say she looked like a goth, can't we? And you can disagree if you want, can't you?

If you think my comment was the rudest thing you ever read, you should read the mean comments YouTube users wrote about it, calling her stupid for hanging herself, etc., etc. They would clearly cause you to freak out. But I said nothing of the sort. I was just saying I thought the post belonged elsewhere. Reasonable minds may differ, I suppose.
    please try to be kind and understanding. And try not to fight, thank you.

Lets talk about something else. look up ktstar199 and watch the funny videos she made, they mostly have me in every single movie its funny- yet embarrising!

• RAWRR(:

Thank you for helping me get this back on topic. I am just still upset about the comments made and everything that happened. I tried to make a nice post and I got attacked. I haven't been posting on mice that much lately for that reason. Anyone have any videos they would like to share? Remember nice comments only, be respectful about the video posted and have fun No attacks.

• Banned User

www.youtube.com/barfownz

Every single video on there is filmed by ME!

Or click the "A Barfownz Production" image in my signature

• Brianna <3

This is my friend...he is in love with the little mermaid..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5ennoJGWYU

Made by me

• Stitch &lt;3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

Anyone have an account?
    I do
    search my user title to veiw my videos I think it'd be cool to share videos if we have any.
    My user title: strawberryxxkisses

Post links to videos of not your also you would like to share
    danceguest i think it is

• Hurt, Pain, Love= <3

I feel so sad about Mary pink you and your friends our silly I want to see a cheerleading movie

Okay if this phases you any STEAMBOATPETE I am crying. Yes I am admiting it I am crying. You are going off topic you're pushing me over the edge. This has nothing to do with you. And why are you telling me to POST IT IN THE TEEN SECTION WHEN YOU SIT THERE AND SAY ITS HARMFUL TO TEENS?!?!
    Yea, you nailed him there. Two of those videos all but say that it was fine or even funny for this little girl to get drunk. What was she then, 12? 13? You are right. 100% right. It shouldn't be in the teen section. Not in this section either. I can't think of a good place to post something like that.

Was she even in her teens yet when she was getting drunk? What possessed you to put a link to a video about a little girl who killed herself and it says how pretty she was when she was drunk?!?! Unbelievable. Do you think it is cool for grade schoolers to get drunk, and everybody laughs and thinks it's great until somebody hangs herself? Oh my God. Do you not seen how wrong it is for someone that young to be getting drunk? Maybe if everyone told this girl not to get drunk or do drugs rather than encouraging it, she'd still be here. If you and your cousin have a bunch of friends who drank or used drugs since they were 12, maybe you should listen to the song How to Save a Life and start thinking about which of your friends is next and what you can do about it. Step 1: Don't share videos that say "look at this little schoolgirl who killed herself. Wasn't she pretty when she got drunk?"

I had someone I was very close to take his own life about 10 years ago. He was drinking and using drugs pretty heavily. It was indescribably awful. We tried and failed at an intervention. One night, he got wasted, got into a fight with his girlfriend, went down to his car and shot himself. None of us would have dreamed of making a video about him that included something about how funny he was when he was stoned. If one of us did, the rest of us would beat some sense into him, rather than put his video on YouTube and send the link to everyone.

• More then a member.

Quote Originally Posted by 20YearAPH View Post
    Yea, you nailed him there. Two of those videos all but say that it was fine or even funny for this little girl to get drunk. What was she then, 12? 13? You are right. 100% right. It shouldn't be in the teen section. Not in this section either. I can't think of a good place to post something like that.

Was she even in her teens yet when she was getting drunk? What possessed you to put a link to a video about a little girl who killed herself and it says how pretty she was when she was drunk?!?! Unbelievable. Do you think it is cool for grade schoolers to get drunk, and everybody laughs and thinks it's great until somebody hangs herself? Oh my God. Do you not seen how wrong it is for someone that young to be getting drunk? Maybe if everyone told this girl not to get drunk or do drugs rather than encouraging it, she'd still be here. If you and your cousin have a bunch of friends who drank or used drugs since they were 12, maybe you should listen to the song How to Save a Life and start thinking about which of your friends is next and what you can do about it. Step 1: Don't share videos that say "look at this little schoolgirl who killed herself. Wasn't she pretty when she got drunk?"

I had someone I was very close to take his own life about 10 years ago. He was drinking and using drugs pretty heavily. It was indescribably awful. We tried and failed at an intervention. One night, he got wasted, got into a fight with his girlfriend, went down to his car and shot himself. None of us would have dreamed of making a video about him that included something about how funny he was when he was stoned. If one of us did, the rest of us would beat some sense into him, rather than put his video on YouTube and send the link to everyone.
    First off, pink has already adressed that those words were lyrics to a favorite song of the girls, she didnt take the lyrics out because the girl put them there herself. Besides this one picture theres nothing that says she was drunk at all, and that particular picture, she shows no signs of being drunk.

Second im terribly sorry about your friend, thats awful. But this friend made a video in memory of her friend, and as above she wasnt actually talking about getting drunk.

Even though i have a varied opinion about this too. Im keeping it to myself, there are some things its better just not to get involved in.

Sorry if it sounds like im ragging on you specifically, but im not.

And this "arguement" has already been resolved. Lets try not to bring it up again.
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

• Banned User

• Stitch &lt;3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

edit sorry
    Last edited by danceguest; 11-11-2006 at 08:53 AM.

• Senior Minion

Smile Re: Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by danceguest View Post
    Ok i acually read this thread.
    STEAMBOAT! Your going over the edge, like for being so disrespectful and making fun of others, i suggest you go read rules CLEARLY YOU HAVENT!
    Dance, if you see the last couple of posts, the problem was kind of solved so, we don't want it to be brought up again. Thanks Not to be mean or rude, just so it doesn't start once again ..

• More then a member.

Quote Originally Posted by danceguest View Post
    STEAMBOAT! Your going over the edge, like for being so disrespectful and making fun of others, i suggest you go read rules CLEARLY YOU HAVENT!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnapplePlucked View Post
    Dance, if you see the last couple of posts, the problem was kind of solved so, we don't want it to be brought up again. Thanks Not to be mean or rude, just so it doesn't start once again ..
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
    And this "arguement" has already been resolved. Lets try not to bring it up again.
    exactly. problem has been solved, lets not try to bring it up again
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote:
    Originally Posted by danceguest

I read the rules. I most certainly was not making fun of anyone. There was nothing funny about any of this. The only thing disrespectful I said was about the racist avatar that made fun of Mexicans and Christians, and for that, no respect was due. But the avatar was changed and that issue is over.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast