• Me and Ilovevmk as elves

Yesterday is the day I realized my Internet dependence

Yesterday my internet went down for the whole day. Considering I didn't get home from school until nearly 3:15, it didn't matter. But once I got home, I nearly went crazy. I HAD to get on a computer and go to Micechat, check my email, check my Myspace, play VMK, do everything like that. It felt really weird. My dependence on the Internet in my life has made a huge impact on me. I was actually confused about it because I was so connected to it. I NEEDED it. It was like a drug almost. Addicting. It was shocking. I am glad I am getting away from the computer for 5 days. I need it. Yesterday I realized how much I needed it and wanted internet. I actually got my homework done at a reasonable time. I actually sat in the family room, living room, whatever it is, with my family and watched a movie. It has been, gee, I don't even know that last time I sat and watched a movie with my family.

Here's a little test for all of you: Take one day off the computer. Just don't even open that little Firefox icon, IE icon, Opera icon, or whatever you use. Don't click it. See how much it affects you.

My little mini-essay for the day. And if anyone was wondering, which I doubt, that is why I wasn't on yesterday

• FallOut? where..!?

Re: Yesterday is the day I realized my Internet dependence

Interesting. I went without the computer for nearly a whole school week. I just didnt feel like playing it. Before that week the internet connection was getting this retardo thing that helps the other computer get internet and blah de blah techincal stuff. So I just sat in my room, played with my gameboy. Which can ALSO, be very addicting.
    the oc freak. <3*

• Senior Minion

Talking Re: Yesterday is the day I realized my Internet dependence

Quote Originally Posted by dubeskin View Post
    Yesterday my internet went down for the whole day. Considering I didn't get home from school until nearly 3:15, it didn't matter. But once I got home, I nearly went crazy. I HAD to get on a computer and go to Micechat, check my email, check my Myspace, play VMK, do everything like that. It felt really weird. My dependence on the Internet in my life has made a huge impact on me. I was actually confused about it because I was so connected to it. I NEEDED it. It was like a drug almost. Addicting. It was shocking. I am glad I am getting away from the computer for 5 days. I need it. Yesterday I realized how much I needed it and wanted internet. I actually got my homework done at a reasonable time. I actually sat in the family room, living room, whatever it is, with my family and watched a movie. It has been, gee, I don't even know that last time I sat and watched a movie with my family.

Here's a little test for all of you: Take one day off the computer. Just don't even open that little Firefox icon, IE icon, Opera icon, or whatever you use. Don't click it. See how much it affects you.

My little mini-essay for the day. And if anyone was wondering, which I doubt, that is why I wasn't on yesterday
    I can't stand staying away from a computer. I always do my homework first or my mom won't let me go on. I feel like this everyday. Thanks for sharing your story .

• Senior Minion

I've already done that but it was about a week. i got on 2 that week for about 15 minutes to check mail and SINGLE butt kickin pirate game.

It was tourcher, i had talent show practices with friends. soccer practices --MANDITORY!-- and my parents forced me to watch the 2 movies I'd seen already with friends, with them.

I might die if it happens again. :0h

I can't stand staying away from a computer. I always do my homework first or my mom won't let me go on. I feel like this everyday. Thanks for sharing your story .
    Same here
    But I'm smart enough to finish it quicker than most people in my school.

• Goodbye VMK.

that's a nice idea. that happened to me and i went CRAZY!!!!!!! i started eating a bunch, and like throwing stuff ((it wasn't pretty)). it's really addicting and right now... i'm supposed to let my sister on, but the internet wasn't working like alot and as soon as i got it to work... time to get off!! But No. I can't do it. I'll try after a while but... lol i'm probably worse than you Dubeskin
    and so, the princess must leave her kingdom on May 21st, 2008. </3

• Disney Cruise '06

Try having snow storms with power outs for a week. and cable out for a MONTH (for the cable part: It was only for some ppl. for me it was less time,..)

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by skateprincesariel View Post
    Same here
    But I'm smart enough to finish it quicker than most people in my school.
    I can finish all my Social Studies homework from a week in 10 minutes while we wait for the bell to ring. Muahaha. I almost only have 1 homework as my maximum everyday.

• Yes?

Ha! I am dependent on my interet access for an income. I have an internet business. Without my computer I can't make money. Which I need to give to Disney every couple of months when I go to WDW!
    Quote Originally Posted by larasound View Post
    am I the burrito man?

• Banned User

I go crazy if i dont see a computer.

• Why am I here?

Could probably do without it for awhile. I just don't have anything better to do usually. Too cold to do anything outside now usually I would be blading more. Can't breathe when you skate so that's kind of out of the picture now. Nothing really to do. Hockey doesn't start until April so very bored right about now.

• I was deleted.

My computer is my baby... but I can go without it for a while, granted I have reasonable distractions -- like you did dubeskin with the homework and movie. Last weekend I had a good distraction of yoyoflamingo - but usually I am dependant upon it for school like evilqueen is for work.