• More then a member.

All the VMK info you'll ever need. Ever.

Are you just starting VMK? Have you been playing VMK? Do you have questions? Do you wish you were cooler? Well I can't help you there; however I can answer questions about VMK.

If you have no idea what i'm talking about, then you must not be in on this secret yet. VMK is a virtual magic kingdom where you can act like your in Disney world. Even though you’re still in your lame old bedroom! Visit vmk.com to create your character and begin playing.

For starters, almost anything you'd like to know about vmk, when it started, how it started, what happened before you signed up, when certain items came out. Can be found here (i suggest visiting this even if you are not new!)
    !!Notice! This is not my article, it is too long to be copy and pasted here, and is not my work. Credit to wikipedia or whoever took so much time and hard effort to write It.!!

First off, for characters who have just been created and are figuring out what to do. Welcome to VMK! This is an online virtual world where you can meet people, collect items, create rooms, play games, and have an online virtual life at Disney World. In order to pay for these items costumes or rooms you have to collect virtual money called "credits" To earn these credits you can do a few things. Sell items you own, play mini games, visit VMK created characters, or use codes to get credits. To get you started playing VMK you should enter the few multi-use codes for credits, and for three magic pins. Found here.

(Again any further questions about any of these things should be directed to the first link)

To get credits you can play mini games, the best mini game that you should play now and get good at is called Fireworks. You can find it in “Fantasyland” under castle fireworks lobby. Fireworks will fly up and you click on them, the longer you wait the more points you get when you click. However if you wait too long they will disappear.

Another very popular mini game is Pirates of the Caribbean; you can play ship battle or capture the flag. Use your mouse to click where your boat goes, and double click to shoot. Ship battle you focus on killing everyone else, and capture the flag you focus on, well... capturing the flag and bringing it back to your circle.

Haunted Mansion is a fairly new game too, use the arrow keys on your keyboard and the ctrl button to move around the mansion and suck up ghosts of your color. Keep away from the ghosts of another color though! They turn you into a ghost that can be sucked up by the other team for extra points.

The last mini game you can play is called jungle cruise. This game only provides 20 credits a game, no matter how many points you get. This is mostly used for completing quests. Look somewhere else to learn how to play that game, since I don’t really know and or care. J

Quests are things that can be found all over. You can find some in the Q button at the bottom of your screen (in your toolbar) or you can find some by going to certain rooms and clicking on a certain thing. (For instance going to the Test Track in Tomorrowland, and clicking on the boxes you can start on the blue car quest) these quests ask you a series of questions, or to complete a series of tasks to get a reward upon finishing, usually a room, an item, or a magic pin.

Magic pins are things that you wear, and you can use to have a special effect on your character. Very common magic pins are Pirate Magic, Buried in Treasure, and Cursed Storm. Simply because these magic pins are obtained through codes that were linked at the top of this thread already. Other rare pins include fireworks magic, teleportation, invisibility, snowman magic, bat magic, and the most rare of all... Dancing Inferno Magic.

What are Rare items? Rare items are items that were offered at one time, but are not available to everyone any more, so people trade items for rare items. There are a lot of rare items that are costumes, but there are also rare items, and magic pins. Don’t worry too much about getting rare items right now if you’re just starting out. You’ll get some eventually.

If you’ve noticed some things that you type in your speaking bar flash red and don’t allow you to say them. That’s because someone at Disney decided they would make VMK a safe world for all the little kids and the people who get offended too easily. VMK does not allow you to say anything that is not in the Disney Dictionary. Some words that are obviously removed for safety issues include anything about year, age, love, phone, no numbers are allowed, and you can’t say a lot of things. However some characters come up with creative ways to say things. (ten=tent, seven= even, one=on, two= too etc) But if you are caught “dictionary dancing” as the mods call it, than you will possible be banned if you are saying something bad.

I can get banned?! Yes. Depending on your offense, you can be banned for an hour, a day, a week, a month. And at one point for some messed up reason mods accidentally banned a few people for ten years! Trust me. Obey the rules and you’ll make better friends, have a higher reputation in VMK, and have more fun. Funner…

Well welcome to the world of VMK, if there are any more questions please direct them to me, I will try to add to this guide when I come up with more things to say.

Some secrets to VMK
    • You’ve made a good choice joining micechat, you already have a head start on many VMK’ers who don’t spend time on a board like this learning and making awesome friends
    • If you have a profound love for some obscure item that isn’t usually mentioned (hmm for instance cake?) people might think you are entertaining. (It’s a dangerous job though; I wouldn’t do it too often. And certainly not cake, cuz then a monkey ninja might come hurt you for copying Zaris)
    • Listen to the people on Micechat and on VMK. Most likely they know more than you, and if they don’t, listen to someone else. There are nice people here, and you can be friends with all of them. (YAYY!)
    • Get attached, most people here at micechat love VMK, to the point of almost being ridiculous. Share their love and you too may one day be as cool as Zaris. (But for now just focus on being cool...)
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

• ~ Cheesin' ~

400 Miles From the Beach. The Perfect, Glorious Beach. Life is so depressing.

Re: All the VMK info you'll ever need. Ever.

Good information I've been working on something like this, but for now I guess it'll do ^_^

• FallOut? where..!?

Sweet. Im too lazy to read it all through
    the oc freak. <3*

• Senior Minion

It was awesome! I read it all. I've seen a big change in Zaris' actions and ways of speaking; he's more mature now. He-he. Well, I enjoyed reading it and it will sure help out other players.

~ Snap

• Saving Wizard City :)

http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/index.php/Vmk

This is another pretty good link. I especially find the time line interesting.

NOTE: Ebay/Hidden Mickey info is also available on this site.
    Last edited by TLynn; 11-30-2006 at 08:59 AM. Reason: Added note about Ebay promotion.

• More then a member.

Quote Originally Posted by TLynn View Post
    http://www.disneysonlineworlds.com/index.php/Vmk

This is another pretty good link. I especially find the time line interesting.
    That didnt work for me.. am i crazy?
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

• I'll pencil this in later

Quote Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
    yes your crazy, it worked for me :P

• FallOut? where..!?

Lol me too. Nice tips again.
    the oc freak. <3*

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

Talking Re: All the VMK info you'll ever need. Ever.

Thanks Zaris. This really helped. i am not new but it's very imformational and helpful to my good friend that just started

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• ForEverLiveStrong

Wow that is good for all the new ppl and coming to mice chat you have made a great decision!!

___ HOST_ForEverLiveStrong

_______ JK LOL

• Bionic Village Babe/RCMC

Question Re: All the VMK info you'll ever need. Ever.

Lol it is a good thing and I just wish my computer would be faster!!! lol it is soooo slow with the new vmk. Are you new Allitalianboy? new to vmk i mean? sorry i love smileys =)

Bionic Village Babe of the RCMC
    "Wisdom is knowing what you don't know" - Socrates

• Saving Wizard City :)

If you are participating in the Ebay promotion, I thought I'd let you know that the link I posted above has a section on the hidden mickey game and they have all ten pics posted already.

You really should look at that link if you are having any troubles with the Ebay hidden mickeys.
    Last edited by TLynn; 11-30-2006 at 08:59 AM.

• I embrace my insanity.

Talking Re: All the VMK info you'll ever need. Ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaris View Post
    Zaris...you're crazy even if it DID work for you! LOL!

Great tips for a new member, so they know it all right when they start

I was the first of my friends to find out about VMK so i had to figure it all out by myself.... lol

• ForEverLiveStrong

thx it was very helpful nothing knew there though lol

___ HOST_ForEverLiveStrong

_______ JK LOL