View Poll Results: So, is flag messed up?

Voters
14. You may not vote on this poll
  • Flag is the most messed up thing on the planet! (Or at least VMK)

3 21.43%
  • Eh.. It's not always accurate, but I don't really notice.

4 28.57%
  • What are you talking about? It's not messed up..

7 50.00%

• ~ Cheesin' ~

400 Miles From the Beach. The Perfect, Glorious Beach. Life is so depressing.

Angry Capture the Flag >_<

I used to looove capture the flag. I really did. And I love playing it for credits. However, you know what I don't like? Playing flag for real! Know why? Because it is so messed up! Ok, take tonight's senerio for example:

Ok, so I was playing flag with two of my friends, A and B. I was playing against 1, 2, and 3. This is what happens in the first game:

Level 1:

Other team brings flag back to base, so they clearly win, and they do.

Level 2:

2 is coming back to base, so A gets flag and kills 2. Guess who wins? The other team! Why? "Because they have their flag closer to base.

So, I say ok. Whatever, let me move on with my life now...

Next game:

Level 1:

Other team clearly brings flag back to base, so they win.

Level 2:

Our team clearly brings flag back to base, so we win.

Level 3:

It's me, A, and 3 left in the game. I have the flag and are heading back to base. A is at our base guarding, and 3 is coming to our base to get flag. As i come in, 3 kills A, grabs flag, and kills me. So, I'm like, whatever, we win, because our flag is closer to base. Right? Wrong! This is what I see when the little screen pops up:

" The other team wins because they had their flag aboard their ship."

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!

So, yea, I was pretty steamed, and this wasn't the first time for it to happen either. So, I said "Blah blah blah, I'm never playing flag again blah blah blah only for credits yada yada yada." You know, the usual stuff.

BUT ANYWAYS, is it just me, or does everyone else think flag is seriously messed up?

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Capture the Flag >_<

yea i have noticed that it dumbo sometimes
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

The game is not messed up. Here's what you have to remember. The winner is:

#1 the first team to get the flag to the base, if one does, then
    #2 the team who has a flag on board (even if you kill them in their little rowboat) if the other team does not have a flag on board; if neither, then
    #3 the team that moved its flag closer to the base. Note: that might sometimes be the team that never reached its flag, if the other team actually picked up the flag and dropped it farther from the home base. If neither team moved the flag then
    #4 the team with the move gold wins, unless its a tie, in which case
    #5 lady luck gives the win to one team or the other

Also, you get 57 points for all team members if your team returns the flag. You all get 32 points if you have the flag on board at the end. Thus, if you have a big lead and it is inevitable that your flag will make it to the home base, there is no good reason for you to kill the other team. That will just take away their 32 points (if they have the flag) and will give you 32 points instead of 57.

• Stitch &lt;3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

Quote Originally Posted by steamboatpete View Post
    The game is not messed up. Here's what you have to remember. The winner is:

#1 the first team to get the flag to the base, if one does, then
    #2 the team who has a flag on board (even if you kill them in their little rowboat) if the other team does not have a flag on board; if neither, then
    #3 the team that moved its flag closer to the base. Note: that might sometimes be the team that never reached its flag, if the other team actually picked up the flag and dropped it farther from the home base. If neither team moved the flag then
    #4 the team with the move gold wins, unless its a tie, in which case
    #5 lady luck gives the win to one team or the other

Also, you get 57 points for all team members if your team returns the flag. You all get 32 points if you have the flag on board at the end. Thus, if you have a big lead and it is inevitable that your flag will make it to the home base, there is no good reason for you to kill the other team. That will just take away their 32 points (if they have the flag) and will give you 32 points instead of 57.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaybeth View Post
    I used to looove capture the flag. I really did. And I love playing it for credits. However, you know what I don't like? Playing flag for real! Know why? Because it is so messed up! Ok, take tonight's senerio for example:
    Those were good hints, but she ment the game in real life, i think.

• ~ Cheesin' ~

400 Miles From the Beach. The Perfect, Glorious Beach. Life is so depressing.

Quote Originally Posted by danceguest View Post
    Those were good hints, but she ment the game in real life, i think.
    No, I ment playing with strangers on vmk. ^_^ And steamboatpete, on the first game, my team had our flag onboard, but it still said that the other team won because their flag was closer to base.

• Jambo!

Personally, Im a big fan of Capture the Flag, its how I earn a lot of my credits and Pirate keys, yes the rules may be a little off and hard to understand, but once you get the hang of it, you start realizing how to play each situation so you win, because unlike ship battle its not about shooting the other team just having that flag on your ship and moving it as close to your base as possible. I like it because its nothing like ship battle, it actually takes strategy and team work to win... of course you dont always get the best team mates.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Capture The Flag is a lot more complex than most people think. It involves a ton of strategy and planning. The rules of play are not simple.

When the game begins, the flags are positioned somewhere near the bases in the sea. Pay attention to where. If nobody gets near a flag and merely kill each other, the game software measures the distances of the flags. If, by pure chance, your flag was originally positioned a little closer, you will win. This confuses a lot of players.

If you get the flag, DO NOT, if possible, sail any farther away from your home base. This could cost you the game. If you've got it but you know you're going to get killed, sail into the land if you have to in order to be closer to your base. It's all about distances.

It's also all about the flag. If you have the flag on your ship and kill the other player who also has the flag on their ship, if they are closer, they win. If you make them drop it before you kill them... even if they are closer, you win because you have the flag on your ship.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Senior Minion

I agree with you Jaybeth..something is seriously wacked with that fool..

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by Tom Chaney View Post
    It's also all about the flag. If you have the flag on your ship and kill the other player who also has the flag on their ship, if they are closer, they win. If you make them drop it before you kill them... even if they are closer, you win because you have the flag on your ship.
    Yes. If the other team's last player has the flag and no extra health, your next shot kills them, and you both have the flag on board, and it's all about who got closer. However...if they have extra health, then your first hit makes them drop the flag, and the next hit, maybe with the same shot, then kills them with their flag in the sea. You win.