• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Haunted Mansion Game

OK, I'm officially mad! Out of the last six games I've played, the other player has quit before the game was over. In one case, the other team of two players quit after the first round.

Are people so shallow that unless they win the first round they're just going to bail!?

Today, the other player was ahead of me and still quit!

What is going on?

I continue to play because I want to, at least, get some credits out of the game. What's the deal with people quitting?

I am going to send a proposal to VMK that Mansion cost 50 credits to play. If you play to the end, you'll get your initial 50 credits back plus your winnings. If you quit before the game is over, you'll lose your 50 credits. All you have to do is play the game to get your "buy-in" back.

I'm really tired of entering the second room all by myself.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Ray's Evil Cookie Baker

Re: Haunted Mansion Game

Anytime your on and what to play and I'm on, just send me a message At least with friends you know if they disappear it's because they crashed and not that they quit.

take that jediMihawk

• Senior Minion

I get the same experience, but I like to stick all the way through because you get credits regardless if you win or lose. The only times that I leave is when VMK does it's DC ... and then I curse it!

But, I truly see HM Game as a win-win for everyone involved. Maybe we should all get together and play ... I know I need whatever credits I can get!

• I'll pencil this in later

I dont play mandion it makes me dc, but i agree with you on the credit deposit idea.

• Senior Minion

yup. same with skate (of course unless i'm playing pirates set up )

i do get irritated with the 'quitting' thing too.
    i haven't a single game without somebody quitting, except with the few friends.

also i often get a pop-up and vmkpal shuts down ALL my programs in use. then i have to shut down the computer before vmkpal goes crazy with pop-ups.
    i'm not sure what they say, i'll get a picture next time it happens though :]

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by halifax_girl View Post
    Anytime your on and what to play and I'm on, just send me a message At least with friends you know if they disappear it's because they crashed and not that they quit.
    Thank you. I have several friends with whom I've enjoyed many a fun Mansion game. I may well call on you for a ghost hunting adventure in the future.

I'm still baffled, however, why so many people quit this game. Even if you don't win, you still get credits for the ghosts you've caught. You only get an extra 40 credits for winning. Why would anyone pass up the 5 x 25 credits they earned in the first round by quitting?
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."

• Ray's Evil Cookie Baker

I know, I don't understand it either, or why you join a game to only quit as soon as it starts (this happens to often for it to just be dc ). I do find sometimes that vmk pal will freeze up on me (usually in a very good game ) But I like most of us can always use more credits, so just call and a ghosting we will go

take that jediMihawk

• Me and Ilovevmk as elves

Same thing happens to me, especially when I am on a quest. I like the credit idea, it would make people play through the whole game. I've noticed though that if you strike up a conversation at the beginning they are less likely to quit, such as saying "Good luck" and "Good game".

Also, long time no VMK post Tom?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by dubeskin View Post
    Same thing happens to me, especially when I am on a quest. I like the credit idea, it would make people play through the whole game. I've noticed though that if you strike up a conversation at the beginning they are less likely to quit, such as saying "Good luck" and "Good game".

Also, long time no VMK post Tom?
    Hi, Dube!

Victoria and I spent 10 days in Puerto Vallarta where I had no access to VMK or MiceChat. We've been back for a week but it's been a busy time. I'll get back into the groove soon!

• Jambo!

This has always been something that has always bothered me, I tend to let them win the first round and that usually keeps them there until the end, but I have suggested to Staff many a time that if the other team quits you should automatically win, but yourcharging credits idea works fairly well too and 50 credits loss would motivate me to stick around. (Unlike Pirates where you can potentially lose credits).

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch74 View Post
    I get the same experience, but I like to stick all the way through because you get credits regardless if you win or lose. The only times that I leave is when VMK does it's DC ... and then I curse it!

But, I truly see HM Game as a win-win for everyone involved. Maybe we should all get together and play ... I know I need whatever credits I can get!
    Thank you too. Maybe we can form a MiceChat Mansion Club. I know a few others here who would probably be interested.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Quote Originally Posted by goofgeek View Post
    (Unlike Pirates where you can potentially lose credits).
    Just as an aside... I think you should always get your 21 credits back if you complete a Pirates game. I totally disagree with the idea that a player could actually lose credits by playing a game.

• Saving Wizard City :)

I love the credit deposit idea... also I'd love to join a HM club. I know on my part I always play through to the end or until the other team quits, even if I'm on a quest that only requires a few ghosts. It is so annoying when all the players start disappearing, although there have been cases where I can tell someone in the game has no idea what they are doing and I think they might leave to actually 'read the instructions'.

• ♥ littlepixitink

That has been happening to me all this weekend. It makes me mad that they just leave you there. So what if there losing and your winning or the other way. Its a game if they don't like it then don't play it. Its all about making new friends and the credits for me.....If you are ever on look me up Tom........ VMK name is Littlepixitink