Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Disney addict

this is more disturbing than taken

I went into the Emporium today to see about buying some more pins. When I get in there, two girls - one in a cheerleading outfit and the other in a partial blue princess dress are harassing another girl. One girl says "She does not glove the king on the cross" "She is the thing with ate can deals" The other girl goes "Yea she is going to the bad place" They kept harassing this girl! Just because they didn't like her religion! They continued on saying "I go to a special place every sun day" "Dog backwards is great" "Dog backwards gloves me not you" They kept further, making comments about supposed racial features. It was just sickening.

I thought VMK was a place for fun. Since when is it a place to proclaim yourself better than others?

• For You!

Re: this is more disturbing than taken

I hope someone reported this. That's just not right.

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• Disney addict

I reported them several times each. I got the little pop up that told me to ignore their chat. EXCUSE ME? Ignore two people harassing someone for what they believe in? No. VMK better ban these girls.

• ~ Cheesin' ~

400 Miles From the Beach. The Perfect, Glorious Beach. Life is so depressing.

That's horrible!! Those two girls should be banned forever!!!!!!!!!

• Me and Ilovevmk as elves

That is completely inappropriate. You should have called the Cheese Team, and we all would have reported. I certainly would have, because I myself do not believe in "The king on the cross" and am offended just be reading it. Had you called me, I would have been all over them.

• RAWRR(:

That's terrible I have a lot of Jewish friends and some that don't believe in "the king on the cross.", they're no different than us <3

• Paint the Roses Red

Some people have no respect for other's. I cannot stand it when people are rude to others because of their religion in real life, but virtually! Even my grandmother annoys me because I do not have the same beliefs as her; of course, she doesn't harrass me but she is pushy with her religious beliefs.

• Senior Minion

Skate 10000000000000000000000000000 year banning alarm JUST went off..see listen: BEEP BEEP BEEP BANNING TIME BEEP BEEP BEEP (this will repeat until they are ban!) Something must be done.
    -goes to thread about dictionary to have dog taken off and gloves-

Just not right, not right.I have many jewish friends.Many non-believers if that is really what the were going for, and many who are. Why can't people live with the fact that others will be themselves and nothing else? Why is it that some people must have everybody do the samething as them? This isn't just some little "bay be" issue. You wouldn't get in trouble in real life for some of the things people do on vmk, but this just -goes to calming corner- -comes back- NOT RIGHT AT ALL.

--skateprincesariel--
    Last edited by skateprincesariel; 11-26-2006 at 08:51 PM.

• For You!

I think the message is just standard - it always comes up. I hope VMK takes it seriously and checks it out

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

• ~ Cheesin' ~

400 Miles From the Beach. The Perfect, Glorious Beach. Life is so depressing.

I'm sorry, but this just steams me. I don't care about people who do "taken". I don't care about people who do "bay be". I don't even care about people who do "armies" or "retirement homes" or " Shower Rooms". THIS however, is purely and simply WRONG. This goes deeper than vmk, unlike that other stuff. You can leave vmk and forget about your baby or your virtual boyfriend. THIS however you cannot. Those two girls went TOO far...

I'm sorry, but I just hate it when people enforce their beliefs on other people. It's one thing when you suggest your religion, or try to teach your religion to a person. It's a completely different thing to enforce it on someone, and torment them if they dont do it. Almost all of my friends are from a different relegion, but they're my friends all the same.

As I said before, those two girls should be banned forever.

• Disney addict

I agree, it made me sick with anger. And it made me even more angry that staff didn't respond IMMEDIATELY. All I got was that message after the two girls decided to go into another room. Who knows what they'll do now. I saw staff respond so quick one time when all a girl said was "Black boy, please move up". Yet, they just let this go on. I reported each girl at least three times. It was hard to explain given the filters. But I basically said in each one that race comments and put downs about beliefs were being said.

Next time, I think I will call you guys. I just wasn't thinking.

• Disney Cruise '06

Okay, why would anyone do this? That is horible. Those girls should get there fair ban, and i hope the girl they harased will be okay. She could be young and it may affect her in some way......

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyMagic View Post
    and i hope the girl they harased will be okay. She could be young and it may affect her in some way......
    Yes, this could be a very severe emotional scar for the rest of her life! All they did was just against the VMK Values so they absolutely needed to be banned. Of course, staff can't ban people because of their beliefs but the reason of thier bans wouldn't be their beliefs. It would be how they made her feel bad not for having the same religion but just for talking about religion. It clearly says that you are not to talk about religion or racial terms, items, ect...

What they did here was extremely disrespectful to that girl, VMK, Disney, their religion, and everyone who was present at that time and place in the virtual world that we clearly love but is going out of control.

• Faith, Trust & Pixie dust

It is hard to know the ages of those involved. If the two "bad" girls are young, then obviously they do not know what they are talking about and have been raised poorly by their parents. Anyone who is really Christian would never say those things, even in a virtual world. It sounds to me like they are just bullies and wanted to have some "fun." (Fun being in the eyes of the beholder.)

Now if the other girl was an older person, then I'm sure she is okay. But if she is a child, or young adult, I hope she went to her parents to talk about what happened. I would have quite a bit to tell her.

It is sad that we will never know what happened when they were reported. It was good that they were reported. If anything else happens, at least the girls have to think about their actions.

• Circle of Ancients

it is not a matter if u like the king on the cross or you are jewish, vmk is not a place to talk about that stuff... thats just sickening
    Angels Fan, born and raised.
    Come on you Galaxy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast