Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• Rides against injustice

Twilight Princess Impressions

So now that we've had about a week to play and digest the Masterpiece that is "The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess", what are your thoughts on it? How many hours have you logged so far?
    I guess I'll start:
    I have to admit, that I was a bit wary of using the Wii-mote instead of a regular controller. But after playing around a bit and basically reteaching myself the basics (Z-targeting, straffing, etc) I have to say that it became second nature pretty quick. Sword fighting is just so much fun with the Wii-mote. Even if Link's motions dont match your own, the experience is still pretty satisfying.
    Enough about control, how about the game itself? In a word: WOW!!
    Twilight Princess is just a massive, immersive game. I got hooked after playing for about 10 mins. I've logged 17 hours so far and I think I'm just barely scratching the surface.
    The puzzles in the dungeons so far have been pretty clever. I've raked my brain a couple of times to figure something out, but nothing has been overly impossible. I've always tried to play Zelda games all the way through with no help and then afterwards read the guide and pick up things I may have missed. I have to admit that one puzzle in the Forrest Temple almost had me ready to quit and go for help online. The boss fights so far have been pretty intense but fun.
    This game also featured my favorite moment so far in a Zelda game: Sword fighting on horseback! It was a blast!! Just the image of Link rearing back on his horse, sword flailing in the air...I loved it!
    I stopped playing last night after basically going non-stop all 4 days this weekend. I'm about to go after the final piece of the "Fused Shadow" and I cant wait to see what happens once I've completed that task.
    I guess in conclussion: Best.Zelda game. EVER!!
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

Re: Twilight Princess Impressions

Lol I'm glad to see you're loving it. It really is fun, huh? I've logged in about 30 hours so far, and I don't want to stop. Stupid school and work get in the way.

Oh and definitely fight any urge to look for help online. Certain sections, like the water or desert temples, push you to your limits, but do it on your own! You'll feel better in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by pizzamousechips View Post
    Lol I'm glad to see you're loving it. It really is fun, huh? I've logged in about 30 hours so far, and I don't want to stop. Stupid school and work get in the way.

Oh and definitely fight any urge to look for help online. Certain sections, like the water or desert temples, push you to your limits, but do it on your own! You'll feel better in the end.
    30 hours??!!

Yes, work and school leave me little time to actually play. I was loving that 4 day Thanksgiving Weekend mini vacation. I might not even get a chance to play tonight. I cant wait to tackle that Water Temple...I just have a feeling its going to be crazy.

Trust me, I wont look for help unless I absolutely positively have to. Its funny with some puzzles you're like "Duh!" when you figure it out. The one that made me literally slap my forehead was opening the door to get the Big Key in the Forrest Temple. I kept looking around for some sort of clue (as far as what order i needed to hit the windmills)and then when I figured out what it was..I couldnt believe the answer was right there in front of my eyes! haha
    Last edited by Zorro825; 11-29-2006 at 12:20 PM. Reason: Addition and spelling
    Out of the NIGHT....

• Banned User

Deleted.
    Last edited by EagleWings; 11-29-2006 at 06:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro825 View Post
    30 hours??!!

Yes, work and school leave me little time to actually play. I was loving that 4 day Thanksgiving Weekend mini vacation. I might not even get a chance to play tonight. I cant wait to tackle that Water Temple...I just have a feeling its going to be crazy.

Trust me, I wont look for help unless I absolutely positively have to. Its funny with some puzzles you're like "Duh!" when you figure it out. The one that made me literally slap my forehead was opening the door to get the Big Key in the Forrest Temple. I kept looking around for some sort of clue (as far as what order i needed to hit the windmills)and then when I figured out what it was..I couldnt believe the answer was right there in front of my eyes! haha
    Lol! I must confess that same puzzle had me scratching my head for longer than usual.

Brilliant game. Well worth the 11 hour wait. Is there anything out there worth buying besides monkey ball?

Lol! I must confess that same puzzle had me scratching my head for longer than usual.
    haha

It was one of those "You're kidding me?" moments. The funny thing was I couldve sworn I had tried that combination before..oh well.

So far so good in the Water Temple. I got the clawshot which is pretty cool to use.
    Out of the NIGHT....

• DLR -> WDW Cast Member

Took me two hours to catch a fish in the very beginning of the game. Got frustrated and haven't played since... I like to pout.

I'll pick it up again, but I'm having fun making Miis and playing Wii Sports... and there's my 360 to take care of too... and... World of Warcraft.

I'll probably play a lot more when Wii Play and WarioWare: Smooth Moves comes out next month.
    Burnt Toast
    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

• keep moving forward...

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaricsfc View Post
    Brilliant game. Well worth the 11 hour wait. Is there anything out there worth buying besides monkey ball?

excite truck, trauma center, excite truck, and why not monkey ball???

• The Ghost Poster.

I have seen a lot of screens, Videos, and lots of other things. And It looks really good. I, saldy, won't be getting it for the Wii. I'll be getting it for the gamecube. The graphics in it are amazing and they finally restored the original Ocarina of time Link instead of using the cartoon Link. Which I'm happy about. Can't wait until they release it for the Gamecube! Then I'll be yelling at My television to make the enemy just die already! Ah... That brins memories of the Orcarina of Time back.

" Doombuggies: The scariest transportation around! "

• Senior Minion

All I have to say is that Zelda NEVER disappoints!

Those two temples were just sick!! I'm sorry to say I couldnt hang in the Water Temple and did get some help with it. The Desert Temple I stayed up late completing last night but I did manage to do it with no help. OMG was that a maddening level! I have to say the boss fight was probably one of the coolest things I have seen in a Zelda game. (So far anyway..I have a feeling I'll be changing that comment as i get deeper into the game). I keep thinking this game cant get any better and then I reach the next point in the game and it floors me again. Bravo Nintendo!
    Out of the NIGHT....

Quote Originally Posted by Zorro825 View Post
    Those two temples were just sick!! I'm sorry to say I couldnt hang in the Water Temple and did get some help with it. The Desert Temple I stayed up late completing last night but I did manage to do it with no help. OMG was that a maddening level! I have to say the boss fight was probably one of the coolest things I have seen in a Zelda game. (So far anyway..I have a feeling I'll be changing that comment as i get deeper into the game). I keep thinking this game cant get any better and then I reach the next point in the game and it floors me again. Bravo Nintendo!
    I don't blame you. I actually had to get some help in a later temple (sky). There's just one part at the end that's so frustrating!

• keep moving forward...

does anyone know how to get past the spiderweb covering the door to the first temple?

• keep moving forward...

nevermind...i used the lantern

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast