View Poll Results: Please read my first post before you answer the poll. What are your thoughts?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • I completely agree.

10 43.48%
  • I completely disagree.

3 13.04%
  • Some of the ideas I agree with, and some I do not.

10 43.48%
  • I have no idea what you are talking about.

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New Members

• Paint the Roses Red

New Members

As many of you may have noticed lately, new members are coming to Micechat very often. Sometimes they try to scam us, sometimes they end up in the litter box, and sometimes they actually become a part of the MC family! However, I think perhaps instead of giving negative rep right off the bat, we should give them a chance and explain to them what they are doing wrong. Often, you will find new members apologizing, but they do not know nor understand what they did wrong. Of course, we all welcome them and advise the new members to read the FAQ, but I still believe that we should give them a chance.

If a post is really awful or a new member continually breaks rules after being warned, then giving out rep is perfectly acceptable; just try to warn them first if the infraction is something new members usually make, like double-posting.

Well, this is just my thoughts on the issue; if anyone has any comments, please reply. I really want to hear other members take on this.

If any of you are fairly new to Micechat, welcome and remember to read the FAQ! Obviously, it will help you more than you can imagine. Also, if you have any questions, feel free to post them here; and I would like to use this as a thread to welcome all new members in the Vmk section.

- Lady_Ivory

• Paint the Roses Red

Re: New Members

List of New Members to Welcome:
    -redredrubys

Please post about any other users that are new, and I will add them to the list. If you are on this list, and after some time feel you are no longer a "new member", please tell me and I will remove your name when you want me to.

I have also decided to hold a get-together for new MC members that play Vmk. Here is the procedure/rules:

-Every week or so, depending on the number of new players coming, we will hold a meet/party; the party will bring new members and older members to get to know each other. This way, we all can be much friendlier and happier as one big MC family!

-We need an experianced member each time, to offer to hold the meet in one of their rooms. Here is the sign-up sheet, it is on a first come, first serve basis.

Experianced Members That Have Volunteered to Hold Meet
    -Vmk_Addict (A.K.A. Madgoth)

-All participates in the meet must follow Vmk rules, or be booted. Also, no mentioning of "Mice Chat", "Mice", "posts", "thread", "board", or any other MC reference. However, "Cheese" and "cheesy" may be allowed.

If anyone has any suggestions, please post them.

- Lady_Ivory
    Last edited by Lady_Ivory_Rocks; 11-29-2006 at 01:56 PM.

• More then a member.

I think that new members are accepted fine. I havent seen very many (with the occasional few) that try to scam us, or post bad things. Most just end up posting a lot, then somewhere around 100-150 posts they do something stupid. Realize it wasnt friendly to other people on micechat. And end up apologizing. I think all new members already have a chance. Were not not giving them chances.. and no. No meeting for me. I pretty much disagree.
    Take a look at my past signatures and avatars! And maybe some extra stuff! http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/...ris221&x=0&y=0

• Paint the Roses Red

Fine with me, I just wanted to hear opinions. Can you vote for the "I completely disagree." option, then?

• Paint the Roses Red

Bump

Does anyone know of other new members that will be posting in this section?

• Disney Dreams

I agree!!! But I do think we can say "Cheese" or "Cheesy" on VMK, as I have done so countless times, and not been warned. I remember saying "Mice Chat" like ONCE in my life when I first joined, and VMK jumped on it like crazy. I got like 2 warnings about a second after I said it. But if I say "cheese" or "cheesy" I don't get caught. I do like the idea though, just not the meetings, since they will probably be next to impossible to hold, with all our busy schedules. I think the best thing to do is just be kind to new members, show them around, and other things.

( I voted I agree on some things, others I don't )

• Hurt, Pain, Love= <3

I'll volunteer but I completly agree the first thing I got here I got litterboxed bc I double posted and was in the Litter for a week before Mr.Doodah come to my rescue.

THX MR.DOODAH!!!!

Lady want me to most this in the yellow boards too?

• Paint the Roses Red

Addict, your on the volunteer list; I will post when the first meet is, but it won't be until I get at least some more people on the new members' list. Con, I edited the MC references part.

• Paint the Roses Red

Quote Originally Posted by Vmk_Addict View Post
    I'll volunteer but I completly agree the first thing I got here I got litterboxed bc I double posted and was in the Litter for a week before Mr.Doodah come to my rescue.

THX MR.DOODAH!!!!

Lady want me to most this in the yellow boards too?
    You can if you want to, but I do not have a specific thread made in the yellow boards. I made one here because it is easier to meet if this is in the Vmk forum.

• Stitch &lt;3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

Careful about talking about reps guys. I understand all this but you never know if you cant even talk about that kind of think.. Anyways.. I agree all the way. When i first joined micechat this is the thinks i though-
    pinkCHICLETT- 18 year old mature person
    BigPigletFan- 20 year old mature person
    figment1986- Notta clue.. he liked dogs..
    summerinfl- im sorry to say this but i though she was like a 12 year old girl.. She had a picture im guessing now of her kids i feel bad lol

Ok well they were all mature and scary to me..
    I had this very little kidish looking lilo and stitch picture.. I looked 9 because of it. My signature should i was a new memember. BIG LETTERS LIKE THIS!
    Not cool -_- lol
    I felt so little. Than the slide competition made me fit in. But pinkCHICLETT never added me to her list. I felt like she hated me. I never could ride her part of the ride because it was friends only.

I than learned her list was full and when removed someone to add me it never worked.
    We than became closer from our jedi forces.
    But i feel it shouldn't talk 3 months for people to feel included.

• Paint the Roses Red

I am sure we all thought everyone was much older than us, when we first joined.

• Stitch &lt;3

Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Ivory_Rocks View Post
    I am sure we all thought everyone was much older than us, when we first joined.

Speaking of Lilo and Stich, Expolsion's description includes them, which is cute; but I think we should add more and be a bit more specific.
    Huh? Lol yeah im sorry summer again

• Paint the Roses Red

Quote Originally Posted by danceguest View Post
    Huh? Lol yeah im sorry summer again
    Nevermind, the description isn't there anymore. I edited that post.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

ADMIN NOTE:

As Administrator of MiceChat I would like to remind all members that we do have official ways for new members to protect themselves from negative rep. If any member is given neg rep (which they do not deserve), they may contact a Moderator to have the rep reversed. If we find that there are members of MiceChat giving neg rep against the rules of this site, we will speak with them.

Neg Rep should be given ONLY when someone violates the FAQ of this site or who acts in a violent or hostile way toward other members.

Any games or activities that you all plan which are designed to help and encourage new members is much appreciated. I'm sure that all of our new members appreciate the warm and friendly approach much more than a cold and negative one.

Welcome to all of our new VMK members. Please feel free to contact a Moderator if you have any questions or concerns.

Sincerely,
    The Dusty Sage

MC VMK Staff you can contact:
    BigPigletFan, figment1986, SummerInFL
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

I disagee. Micechat is different. If they want to act that way, tell them to go HERE or HERE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast