Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• I'll pencil this in later

Re: Pearl Harbor Remembrance

Hey, I did NOT make this thread to say mean things , about the war or the president, as I said before

Even if you dont agree with this war, it does not change the fact that people are out their fighting for our country (even if you think it's crappy) and we are fighting for something. whether you agree with it or not.

Remember 9/11 remember Pearl Harbor? Remember the World Wars, the civil war? Well I sure do remember, and Im not going to sit here and do NOTHING about it!! I dont have the couroge to do what these people are doing, do u?

"if you cant stand behind our troops, try standing infront of them"

would you rather, have no army men, no naval officers, no marines? Imagine the world without them, Imagine.. Terrorist attacks imagine countries invading, imagine have no protecting, no sense of security at all. Is that what you want? Well that's what we would have if it werent for those men and women in uniform. So yeah, your right it's their fault for getting killed, risking their lives, but they are doing it for us, so the world dosen't end up terrible. And as for President Bush, I support him in what he is doing, and i dont care wheather you do, or dont! We need to honor and remember these people who bring honor to this country, and who gave YOU freedom.
    Last edited by Rayangelo; 12-05-2006 at 10:17 PM.

• Can you see the Bear?

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovevmk! View Post
    Hey, I did NOT make this thread to say mean things , about the war or the president, as I said before

Even if you dont agree with this war, it does not change the fact that people are out their fighting for our country (even if you think it's crappy) and we are fighting for something. whether you agree with it or not.

Remember 9/11 remember Pearl Harbor? Remember the World Wars, the civil war? Well I sure do remember, and Im not going to sit here and do NOTHING about it!! I dont have the couroge to do what these people are doing, do u?

"If you dont support our military, try standing in their place"

would you rather, have no army men, no naval officers, no marines? Imagine the world without them, Imagine.. Terrorist attacks imagine countries invading, imagine have no protecting, no sense of security at all. Is that what you want? Well that's what we would have if it werent for those men and women in uniform. So yeah, your right it's their fault for getting killed, risking their lives, but they are doing it for us, so the world dosen't end up terrible. And as for President Bush, I support him in what he is doing, and i dont care wheather you do, or dont! We need to honor and remember these people who bring honor to this country, and who gave YOU freedom.
    Great Post

Quote Originally Posted by Siskey View Post
    Great Post
    thanks, Just want to support our troops, and that's my opinion. whether u want to or not, i think they deserve to be remembered or at least, i will remember and honor them

• vmk MissEmilyLouise

I am right there with you. I think that you are right on. We need to support our troops whole heartedly. Because of them, we have we still have the freedom to express our opinions. Even if that means that we dishonor what they are doing. They deserve our respect.

My VMK name is MissEmilyLouise and I love pink!!

Quote Originally Posted by tmaustin89 View Post
    I am right there with you. I think that you are right on. We need to support our troops whole heartedly. Because of them, we have we still have the freedom to express our opinions. Even if that means that we dishonor what they are doing. They deserve our respect.
    very well put

• Why can't you tune a fish

Re: Pearl Harbor Remebrance

Dube

Just because the middle east was handled incorrectly, does not reflect on the men and women who elected to serve their country (and you). There is a little something called honor and committment involved. People took an oath to support the decisions of their superior officers, and that is what they are doing. It may be alien to you, and thats fine, but it is not an alien concept to a lot of people.

Me, I never served, my mother made sure of that after my father did his combat tour in Vietnam and came back to tell her the stories. She made sure her sons were not going to enlist. Somtimes I am sorry she did that. I did go as far as to take the ASVAB and had recruiters calling me. Maybe its just my personality, but a lot of people think I was in the military when they first meet me.

I have a great respect for anybody who decides to put their life on the line for the safety and comfort of others. Be it armed forces, LEOs, firefighters, or any others.

The military is a microcosm of society as a whole, and just as you are going to find jerks and scociopaths in society, so will you in the military. Are there people who murder innocents in the military - you bet there are, just as there are people walking around your town, who if given the opportunity would enjoy seeing someone in pain. Try as they will (and they have gotten better) the bet military testing cannot weed out all the delinquents.

I have read your blog, and you see intellegent, and like you I once tilted at windmills, but only from the right instead of the left. But time has dulled my lance and opened my eyes, and I am more towards the center (but still right of center on a lot of things - let me show you my firearms posession permit for example). I am getting rather long winded here and rambling off topic, so I am going to wrap it up in a sentence or too.

Dube, you seem very intellegent, but you ar ein HS and do not know everything, and time will change your outlook, one day you will look back and say "I can't believe I was like that" - The funny thing is, is that one of the greatest things I have ever come to realize is that I will be doing the same thing to myself for the rest of my life - 10 years from now I will look back at what I am doing today and shake may head as well.

-dave

Rachael

It is because of people like your father that we enjoy many of the freedoms that we have today. Many people do not realize the sacrifices that the familes of military personnel make, you have put it very simply and clearly.

And Commander, thats impressive. For those who are not aware, a Commander is "up there" - basicaly he would have been a Lieutenant Colonel if he was in the army.

-dave

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Dube

Just because the middle east was handled incorrectly, does not reflect on the men and women who elected to serve their country (and you). There is a little something called honor and committment involved. People took an oath to support the decisions of their superior officers, and that is what they are doing. It may be alien to you, and thats fine, but it is not an alien concept to a lot of people.

Me, I never served, my mother made sure of that after my father did his combat tour in Vietnam and came back to tell her the stories. She made sure her sons were not going to enlist. Somtimes I am sorry she did that. I did go as far as to take the ASVAB and had recruiters calling me. Maybe its just my personality, but a lot of people think I was in the military when they first meet me.

I have a great respect for anybody who decides to put their life on the line for the safety and comfort of others. Be it armed forces, LEOs, firefighters, or any others.

The military is a microcosm of society as a whole, and just as you are going to find jerks and scociopaths in society, so will you in the military. Are there people who murder innocents in the military - you bet there are, just as there are people walking around your town, who if given the opportunity would enjoy seeing someone in pain. Try as they will (and they have gotten better) the bet military testing cannot weed out all the delinquents.

I have read your blog, and you see intellegent, and like you I once tilted at windmills, but only from the right instead of the left. But time has dulled my lance and opened my eyes, and I am more towards the center (but still right of center on a lot of things - let me show you my firearms posession permit for example). I am getting rather long winded here and rambling off topic, so I am going to wrap it up in a sentence or too.

Dube, you seem very intellegent, but you ar ein HS and do not know everything, and time will change your outlook, one day you will look back and say "I can't believe I was like that" - The funny thing is, is that one of the greatest things I have ever come to realize is that I will be doing the same thing to myself for the rest of my life - 10 years from now I will look back at what I am doing today and shake may head as well.

-dave
    very well writen, my mother has always told me to follow in my fathers footsteps and be a naval commander, but i just cant do it, orr cant picture myself doing it. I dont have what it takes to be out there, I dont have the mental strength, i dont have the couroge. Which I is why I have so much respect for these ppl. They can do what most of us, (not all) cant. They can risk everything, bc they believe in what they are fighting for. I know , I believe what we are fighting for is righjt, but i just cant get out their and do it, so if I cant stand with my troops, I will stand behind them 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Rachael

It is because of people like your father that we enjoy many of the freedoms that we have today. Many people do not realize the sacrifices that the familes of military personnel make, you have put it very simply and clearly.

And Commander, thats impressive. For those who are not aware, a Commander is "up there" - basicaly he would have been a Lieutenant Colonel if he was in the army.

-dave
    Thanks, yes it is very up there, and we are very grateful he came home unharmed, and of course we are very very proud. I look up to him for so much

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovevmk! View Post
    my mother has always told me to follow in my fathers footsteps and be a naval commander, but i just cant do it, orr cant picture myself doing it. I dont have what it takes to be out there, I dont have the mental strength, i dont have the couroge.

1) I find that funny, only because it's like telling someone to follow in a parents footsteps and become Vice President of a Fortune 500 company. Yeah sure, I'll go right out and do that. Becomming a Commander is no easy task.

2) You may not have the mental strength and courage right now, but you can if you want it. The military will teach you. Leaders are made, not born. I am a firm believer in that. Leadership comes easier for some people more than others, but it can be learned.

(Oh, and the military is not the only place that teaches leadership, I did not mean to imply that)

-dave

• Former Loiterer

My grandfather landed on the beach of Normandy 14 days after D-Day and was a part of the unit that liberated the Dachau concentration camp. He drove a tank for most of the war and saw things that haunt him to this very day, atrocious things I cannot even begin to comprehend. My grandfather and thousands more men and women like him traded their personal safety and wellbeing for my freedom and yours the moment they joined up. Regardless of politics, regardless of idioms, and regardless of themselves, the members of our armed forces make incredible sacrifices each and every day, and for that they deserve our gratitude and respect, regardless of our politics, regardless of our idioms.
    Letters from War
    Thank you to all who serve. It is because of your sacrifice that I live in freedom each day.
    All I needed to know in life, I learned at MiceChat.
    And kindergarten.

• ~ Cheesin' ~

400 Miles From the Beach. The Perfect, Glorious Beach. Life is so depressing.

I think what we all trying to say, is that the army protects us, they risk their lives for us, and to put them down, to say that it is their fault... That is a horrible thing to do. I like what ray said: If you don't stand behind the army, try to stand in front of them. Very well put

Before 9/11 I couldn't care less for this country. I had NO idea what people had gone through to protect it, not only as I type this, but 200 years ago. And even when the terriosts attacked, I still didn't get it. And I still don't entirely, but every day, I get it just a bit more. I LOVE this country, and I LOVE the people who serve for it. It's an amazing thing, that something are horrific as 9/11 made us realize all that, but we are an amazing contry. At times we seem divided, politicians fighting over everything. Lieing to do what they want to do. People killing each other over football games, and new electronical games. But under all that, is one people. One people who want what's best for their country, people who truly love this place we call America.

So, thank you anyone and everyone who has served, and thank you for loving this country. It does more than you think

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12