Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27
  1. #1

    • I'll pencil this in later
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    10,530

    Post Pearl Harbor Remembrance

    December 7 - Pearl Habor.

    Pearl Harbor Day is coming up and i would like to make this thread, as a memorial to all who have served in are milatary, and who are serving now, and in this war.

    I know how hard it is to see these people on this news kids without mothers or fathers, some to young to even remember them.

    My dad has served in the Navy for 25 years, since he was 17 years old. When i was 3 we were stationed in Japen, for 2 years, my mother and sister and I lived there, while my dad worked on the ships. One of those two years we didn't see him at all. Imagine a Christmas without your father, a new year without your dad, and of course a father's day. When we returned to the US we went straight to rhode Island, and from then on kept travling and travling til I was about 7, then my dad got promoted he was a Naval Commander! we got to live in our own house, not a quest house, or a reletives house. Then in 200o my little sister was born, my dad retired after 25 years of service. I never really knew what my dad was doing when i was younger. but now i do, and i relize how much he has sacrificed, how much my mom has sacrificed and ho much I have sacrificed for this country. I know that My father could have been killed, i could be without a dad right now, but he took a risk to make this a better place for me, and everyone else to live in. He came home safe, but many other soldiers have not. Many kids have lost their mothers and fathers. Many families morn because of this war. But these soldiers have died in honor and we must never forget them

    Please take the time to write a little something to support our troops and remember the soldiers who have past. Even if you dont politicaly agree with the war, their are still people dieng. trying to protect YOU! Little kids have lost their parents, aunts, uncles, sisters,brothers, and these people have also made a big sacrifice for YOU! So lets do something little for them, just say a little remembrence, comfort a friend in need this Pearl Harbor Day. I will be singing at a nursing home this Pearl Harbor day, just talking to the folks, who dont get to see their families for Christmas. With that, let me just Say,

    Remember The Vetrens
    Support Our Troops

    ~Rachael. <3

  2. #2

    • Me and Ilovevmk as elves
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    1,413

    Re: Pearl Harbor Remebrance

    Err, sorry. You're going to hate me, but it's their fault. They chose to sign up for the military service, and killing innocent civilians isn't going to "protect us." For every American family that loses a husband, father, grandfather, or whoever, nearly 10 other people will have lost a family member. Now if we could write something for those innocent people who lost whole families, who aren't alive anymore, because some military man killed Johnny, their son, or Susie, their mother, that would be nicer. For some reason remembering someone who kills innocent people just doesn't get to me

  3. #3

    • Can you see the Bear?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    461

    Red Face Re: Pearl Harbor Remebrance

    Every nice and thoughtful.

    P.S. spell check Sorry I am picky with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilovevmk! View Post
    December 7 - Pearl Harbor.
    Pearl Harbor Day is coming up and I would like to make this thread, as a memorial to all who have served in are military, and who are serving now, and in this war. I know how hard it is to see these people on this news kids without mothers or fathers, some to young to even remember them. My dad has served in the Navy for 25 years, since he was 17 years old. When I was 3 we were stationed in Japan, for 2 years, my mother and sister and I lived there, while my dad worked on the ships. One of those two years we didn't see him at all. Imagine a Christmas without your father, a new year without your dad and of course a father's day. When we returned to the US we went straight to Rhode Island, and from then on kept traveling and traveling till I was about 7, then my dad got promoted he was a Naval Commander! We got to live in our own house, not a quest house, or a relative’s house. Then in 2000 my little sister was born, my dad retired after 25 years of service. I never really knew what my dad was doing when I was younger. But now I do, and I realize how much he has sacrificed, how much my mom has sacrificed and ho much I have sacrificed for this country. I know that my father could have been killed, I could be without a dad right now, but he took a risk to make this a better place for me, and everyone else to live in. He came home safe, but many other soldiers have not. Many kids have lost their mothers and fathers. Many families morn because of this war. But these soldiers have died in honor and we must never forget them. Please take the time to write a little something to support our troops and remember the soldiers who have past. Even if you don’t politically agree with the war, there are still people dying. Trying to protect YOU! Little kids have lost their parents, aunts, uncles, sisters, brothers, and these people have also made a big sacrifice for YOU! So lets do something little for them, just say a little remembrance, comfort a friend in need this Pearl Harbor Day. I will be singing at a nursing home this Pearl Harbor day, just talking to the folks, who don’t get to see their families for Christmas. With that, let me just Say, Remember the Veterans Support Our Troops

    ~Rachael. <3
    Not trying to be mean.
    Last edited by Siskey; 12-05-2006 at 05:52 PM.

  4. #4

    • Can you see the Bear?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    461

    Re: Pearl Harbor Remebrance

    Quote Originally Posted by dubeskin View Post
    Err, sorry. You're going to hate me, but it's their fault. They chose to sign up for the military service, and killing innocent civilians isn't going to "protect us." For every American family that loses a husband, father, grandfather, or whoever, nearly 10 other people will have lost a family member. Now if we could write something for those innocent people who lost whole families, who aren't alive anymore, because some military man killed Johnny, their son, or Susie, their mother, that would be nicer. For some reason remembering someone who kills innocent people just doesn't get to me

    That is not very patriotic. American soldiers can't always tell the difference between an innocent civilian and a terrorist. What about all those care bombings and how they thought they were just normal citizens but look Americans died. I would think you would not say that if your family member was in the Armed Forces. Btw If you don't appreciate what they have done for you, think back to lets say the American Revolution, World War II, ... if American never won we might not be able to live with all of the freedoms that we have now. We might not even be here right now. Think about it this way.

    Not trying to be mean or argue I just disagree.



    MY APOLOGIES ABOUT THE DOUBLE POST

  5. #5

    • Why am I here?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,706

    Re: Pearl Harbor Remebrance

    I get it now. Still was it necessary? Anyway you missed some lol.

  6. #6

    • Why am I here?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,706

    Re: Pearl Harbor Remebrance

    Sorry Double post oops meant to edit.

  7. #7

    • Can you see the Bear?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    461

    Re: Pearl Harbor Remebrance

    Quote Originally Posted by FlAmMaBle View Post
    Did you bold misspelled words? If so a lot of them are correct and you missed many that wern't. And is that really neccesary..
    I "Corrected" them then bolded them and no it is not.

  8. #8

    • Why am I here?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    4,706

    Re: Pearl Harbor Remebrance

    Yea I see didn't really feel like reading was too long.

  9. #9

    • Can you see the Bear?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    461

    Re: Pearl Harbor Remebrance

    Quote Originally Posted by FlAmMaBle View Post
    Yea I see didn't really feel like reading was too long.
    I was bored so I decided to Maybe it will help them for making the same mistakes in the future.

  10. #10

    • ~ Cheesin' ~
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    400 Miles From the Beach. The Perfect, Glorious Beach. Life is so depressing.
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Pearl Harbor Remebrance

    Quote Originally Posted by dubeskin View Post
    Err, sorry. You're going to hate me, but it's their fault. They chose to sign up for the military service, and killing innocent civilians isn't going to "protect us." For every American family that loses a husband, father, grandfather, or whoever, nearly 10 other people will have lost a family member. Now if we could write something for those innocent people who lost whole families, who aren't alive anymore, because some military man killed Johnny, their son, or Susie, their mother, that would be nicer. For some reason remembering someone who kills innocent people just doesn't get to me
    BUT they did this for our country. They did it for America. Sometimes killing people is what has to be done in order to perserve the freedom and rights in this country that we all take for granted. As my history teacher says: It is not young men who start wars, it is politicains. NEVER get mad at a young man or woman who fights in war. They are giving up there life for you and this country. We may not realize how good we have it, but they do. They realize that if they don't fight, even if it means killing people, we, american citizens, will find ourselves in a very bad position indeed. Sometimes it takes horrific things, to stop even more horrific things from happening. Perhaps half the world sees nuclear weapons as horrendous, futile weapons, but if it weren't for them, World War II would have been MUCH more deadly, and World War III would have started a long time ago.

    Ok, so maybe I'm getting a little of topic, but basically I'm saying never insult the army. If you insult the people who protect us, you are insulting America.

    Sorry to sound harsh, but that's just the way I feel
    Last edited by Jaybeth; 12-05-2006 at 07:19 PM. Reason: Grammer mistakes

  11. #11

    • Stitch &lt;3
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)
    Posts
    5,618

    Re: Pearl Harbor Remebrance

    Jay, very touching. Im not even an americian citizen and i can relate.
    Like because both of us -cough- Canada too -cough- and many other countries, fought for there beliefs.
    World War II would have been worse. Like it was Hitler who started the war and we thought that his values were wrong, making Jews suffer to death, so we fought for the Jews and everything else.
    The Civil War, North United States thought slavery was wrong, so they fought to free slaves, so they are at least paid and stuff.
    Im not sure what you are fighting for now (Im bad when it comes to up to date things) But there has to be a reason.

    That man believed something should be done, and talking over things never helps. If you talk to a bully, will they stop, most likely not. If you told Hitler he was wrong, He wouldn't care!
    So all they could do was fight, and that man wanted to be faithful in what he believed.
    Pearl Harbor, RIP. You are loved by many. Your country loves you and thanks you for your courage. And i, Im just proud!

  12. #12

    • Me and Ilovevmk as elves
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Somewhere in California
    Posts
    1,413

    Re: Pearl Harbor Remebrance

    It's sad too see such ignorant people to the world we live in on these boards. We aren't fighting for ANYTHING. NOTHING, nada, zip, nil, whatever you call it. President Bush decided to send innocent troops over to kill innocent people. So now tell me, please, because I'm curious now. What does a terrorist look like? I debate these types of things everyday at school, just because I am the only one in my group of friends who thinks this way. I really don't want Micechat to become the same way. I wish I hadn't posted on this thread in the first place. All I did was start WWIV

  13. #13

    • Stitch &lt;3
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Turn right, go straight, take a left. Keep going. Keep going. Duck! Turn around, right. Found me! :)
    Posts
    5,618

    Re: Pearl Harbor Remebrance

    Quote Originally Posted by danceguest View Post
    Im not sure what you are fighting for now (Im bad when it comes to up to date things)
    Quote Originally Posted by dubeskin View Post
    It's sad too see such ignorant people to the world we live in on these boards. We aren't fighting for ANYTHING. NOTHING, nada, zip, nil, whatever you call it. President Bush decided to send innocent troops over to kill innocent people. So now tell me, please, because I'm curious now. What does a terrorist look like? I debate these types of things everyday at school, just because I am the only one in my group of friends who thinks this way. I really don't want Micechat to become the same way. I wish I hadn't posted on this thread in the first place. All I did was start WWIV
    Thats what i said, i wasnt sure what your fighting for but its probably true, no offence but Bush can be...How you say, weird lol sometimes. Well i better not speak more because i havent heard much on the war.
    Dubeskin, its fine you posted your opion!

  14. #14

    • ~ Cheesin' ~
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    400 Miles From the Beach. The Perfect, Glorious Beach. Life is so depressing.
    Posts
    1,849

    Re: Pearl Harbor Remebrance

    Dube... Do you really think we want to fight? Do you really, truly think that? If we could have a choice, we wouldn't fight. NO WAY. War causes horrible things to happen. Millions of people die. Billions of dollars worth of stuff is damaged. And that blank page of history, where it could of been filled with wondorous inventions, and proporus growth, is filled with terrible, crippiling things. I'm tearing up right now as I type this. NOBODY wants to go to war. If we could avoid it, we would live forever in harmony and peace, and all would be good and fine. People who go to war don't go to war because they want to, they go to war because they have to. I do not support Bush 100&#37; in the choices he's made in war, but you must understand, that after 9/11, we as a country were hurt. It was more than the fact that people had lost their lives, more than the fact that we had lost buildings. More than all that... It was the fact that someone hurt us, and we wern't about to let that happen again. What would happen if we did nothing?? What would happen if we just sat here continuing our days as if nothing had happened? WE WOULD HAVE BEEN ATTACKED AGAIN. And nobody wants that to happen. When a people, a country, go to war, they do not do that for no reason. They do not do that because they have nothing else to do with their time, money, and people. They do it because if they don't, more terrible things will occur.

    Ever heard of Machiavellism? It is the princible that states that "the end justifies the means"..... I have some more math to do before bed, so I can't type much more, but I suggest you look that up.


    And I'm not saying you're opnion is wrong, I'm just saying what I feel. And I feel quite strongly about that.

  15. #15

    • Can you see the Bear?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    461

    Re: Pearl Harbor Remebrance

    Quote Originally Posted by dubeskin View Post
    It's sad too see such ignorant people to the world we live in on these boards. We aren't fighting for ANYTHING. NOTHING, nada, zip, nil, whatever you call it. President Bush decided to send innocent troops over to kill innocent people. So now tell me, please, because I'm curious now. What does a terrorist look like? I debate these types of things everyday at school, just because I am the only one in my group of friends who thinks this way. I really don't want Micechat to become the same way. I wish I hadn't posted on this thread in the first place. All I did was start WWIV
    Great Post Jay it seems we both agree on this topic.

    First Now I am insulted. Anyways... We aren't fighting for anything? Weird I thought we were. I can go on and on but I will keep it simple, To stop TERRORISM, the right that every person should have freedom like those in Iraq and Afghanistan who were controlled by harsh dictators who would massacre their own citizens for no reason that was justified. Next, we were attack by terrorists 9/11. What are we supposed to do? Nothing? We went to war to give pay back to all those evil, cold hearted Terrorists, this is a redundant word now but I don't care. And lastly as I said already if your family member was In the ARMED FORCES I am almost sure your views on this war and fighting and soldiers who everyday risk their lives for the sake of yours and of people all around the world be totally different. You need to experience what it is like to have a family member or friend you know in the Army, Marines, Navy, etc. One of your close friends now might even become a soldier so think about it this way. And when did World War III (3) occur? I don't think it has started yet so why are you up to 4?

    Not trying directly to be harsh.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Pearl Harbor - December 7, 1941 - Never Forget
    By Disneyland Daddy in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 12-08-2008, 01:55 PM
  2. Pearl Harbor USS Arizona survivor/veteran at the park today!
    By CAspace in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 07-30-2007, 09:24 PM
  3. Pearl Harbor/Omaha Beach question?
    By barfownz in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 48
    Last Post: 03-21-2007, 12:07 PM
  4. Pearl Harbor attacked this day, on December 7, 1941
    By Disney Wrassler in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-09-2005, 12:18 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •