Thread: Host Rooms

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Host Rooms

I have a lot of fun on VMK and enjoy the challenge of winning a host game or getting into a host room... but:

Is it just me... or does it seem like you often have to click your fingers off hundreds of times to get into a host room only to find a game that requires you to match two number generators to win a measly 200 credits, or wait for hours for the chance to buy a Tiki Fountain... or play a team game that you have a 1 in 6 chance to win. During the time you click and click and click and click... then (if you're lucky) the time you wait and wait and wait and wait in the queue... you could be playing Mansion, Pirates or Fireworks and earn enough credits to buy 10 of whatever prize they're offering.

Don't get me wrong. This is all virtual stuff and it isn't costing anything. We all have too much time on our hands (or we're ignoring stuff we really need to be doing in real life) by being here at all!

But: The first challenge for any host room is to even get yourself into the queue! You probably click for half an hour (or more) to even get that far! Frankly, just getting in the queue is worth a prize in my book. The concept of "consolation prize" would make the host rooms a lot more attractive in my opinion. I'm not sure I'm willing to sacrifice 60 to 90 minutes of VMK play for the possibility of coming out with NOTHING!

I like the teleport games because people move through quickly, the queue opens often and you can actually participate... and win a prize.

I'm not sure that I'm willing, anymore, to click 500 times to finally get into a queue... then wait 45 minutes to finally get into the room... then play a game that I only have a minimal chance of winning... for a prize that I will be able to buy or trade-for tomorrow.

VMK, I know you're reading this. Here are some suggestions:

Don't limit queues to 45 people. Make them endless. I'd rather click once and find myself 758th in line than click over and over forever and never become one of the anointed 45. This would give the me option of deciding if I want to wait 758 spaces... or just go earn some credits playing a mini-game.

The teleporter games are brilliant. They are people eaters and the move-through works!

Offer EVERYTHING for sale. For those who are willing to pay $10k credits for a Red Holiday Chair... put it in the Emporium specials.

For those who can't afford to pay $10k credits for the Red Holiday Chair, make it a free prize in a host game.

Everyone has a chance
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Paint the Roses Red

Re: Host Rooms

Great ideas, Tom! I never thought about the idea of selling host items in the Emporium for a lot.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

This is unfortunately the down side of fizing dc. I remember it used to be much easier to get into host rooms and the lines used to move much faster when the dc monster was still at large.

Great ideas Tom! The one thing I will say is that Hula's yard sale to me is a brilliant idea. I love the idea of her selling some really unique and hard to find merchandise. Unfortuantely, I also hope that we don't have the same problem with vmk crashing during the host game like we did last night.

And as for the endless queue. I think that's the best enhancement vmk has to make. It's so simple, and it will save people a lot of frustration.

Also, a lot of the host prizes recently have been given as host prizes, thereby easing the burden to those who cannot get in to host rooms. So, at least the staff of vmk is trying.
    Last edited by yoyoflamingo; 12-17-2006 at 08:41 AM.
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

I was really trying hard to get into Hula's Yard Sale just to see what it was all about.
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."

• FallOut? where..!?

Those are the greatest ideas about Host Rooms I've heard yet. Thanks! But right now there's Yavn's Teleport Room, and as soon as you get in, you're like 14th in line. They obviously make it huge for Yavn.
    the oc freak. <3*

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

OK, I have to reply to my own thread. Another annoyance!

Tonight, there was a host room with a "mini-quest." I got lucky and got in the queue. That took about 30 minutes to finally get to the room. I click the kiosk and set off on the quest.

I know my way around the "Kingdom" pretty good. Finding the jewels, etc. wasn't much of a problem. Even getting 20k points in the Jungle Cruise was easy. I didn't waste any time and got through the quest pretty easily. At the end I was told, "...enjoy your prize!"

Here's what I got: ZIP... ZERO... NADA! I was apparently too far down the line to get a prize. (I guess the mules beat me!)

So: these aren't even prizes. They're pictures of prizes. Would it be that tough to give something to everyone who completes the quest?

During the time I wasted doin this quest, I could have snagged over 5000 credits shooting fireworks!

• FallOut? where..!?

That's why I just do the ones that are available to you from the "Q" not a room. But at least now we have a pass; or we will, and we'll be able to actually TALK to people and buy things waiting. It's just the game rule is not fair, they could maybe put you back a couple spots if you play a game, not totally boot you out.
    the oc freak. <3*

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

From the description of the room, Phinny was originally just having a chat room and nothing included. I think the quest kiosk was an added treat.

However, I do agree with that your saying Tom, which is why I think the VMK Pass thing will be a wonderful addition, at least you don't get frustrated because you can't get into the queue for the first hour if at all.

I'm curious to see your opinion once that comes out if you still think its not worth it but realistically, I agree 100&#37;

• Can't stop the rock.

Yep I agree with everything you guys said. I just wish you could play the mini-games while waiting. Although now you can play YetiVision and the pirates 2 game for sparrow.