Thread: PS3s for Wiis

• DCA lover

Cool PS3s for Wiis

I thought this was hi-larious, thought I'd share with you all. Woot was selling PS3s this morning (sold out), here is the description they had with it.
    Woot Sells PS3? Wii, Wii!

So, hey, check it out: thereís this awesome new gaming system that we just canít stop playing. Too bad itís so hard to find in stores Ė we guess they just didnít make enough of them. Itís called the Nintendo Wii, and holy mother of Zelda, is it ever a blast. If the Wii is cool with polygamy, we might ask it to marry us.

The controller Ė so easy! No more intricate push-this-twice, pull-that-three-times trickery, just easy waves of the hand. The console Ė so cute! It actually makes our gaming room look better, unlike the bulky, ugly consoles we could mention. How does Nintendo keep the price so low on that thing, anyway? And the games, good Lord, the games! Not to mention those adorable avatars. Weíve already created virtual versions of the entire staff, so we can beat each other virtually-bloody instead of actually-bloody, like we usually do. The only problem is that none of the nose options are as big as Jasonís actual nose. But thatís a minor quibble.

In fact, we love the Wii so much, we want to give a Wii to everybody on our payroll. To fund this Wii-for-the-People program, we're selling this Sony PlayStation 3. The SIXAXIS wireless controller is basically the same complicated gazillion-button-style controller you know from past PS models, but at least you wonít be fighting Grandma for gaming time. Along with the usual roster of ho-hum games, the PS3 can play CDs, DVDs, and Blu-Ray discs, and the 20GB hard drive can store music, videos, and music videos. Itís certainly, er, rather full-figured, for those of you who want a lot of heft for your money. And its HDMI capabilities give you polygons and frames-per-second out the wazoo, if you prefer that stuff to having fun.

Best of all, for every PS3 you buy, we can buy Wiis for two of our employees. So when you get frustrated by those intricate combo-button moves, or bored by the underwhelming game offerings for the PS3, keep the spirit of the season in mind. Remember all those happy Woot staffers whose lives have been changed by their super-fun Nintendo Wiis, paid for by you. Heartwarming, isnít it?

* shipped today via FedEx Next Day with Saturday delivery. Rural and snowbound areas may cause delivery delay out of Woot or FedEx control.
    Warranty: One year

Features:

Plays video games and stuff

• Circle of Ancients

Re: PS3s for Wiis

Love this quote:

And its HDMI capabilities give you polygons and frames-per-second out the wazoo, if you prefer that stuff to having fun.

• Vehicle rotating backward

You forgot the picture:

On a related note, Woot only sells stuff with too much stock most of the time, and they were selling these at a loss since they had overnight shipping.

And here's an eBay auction that didn't end well.

What a flop!

• Original Mice-Chatter

but but but- I thought this was the BEST thing like ever- like fer sure!

I thought EVERYONE had to have one cause like Blue-ray is all the bomb fo shizzle- and HD rox!

Dude......

Geesh-

• Circle of Ancients

^ LOL, that's too funny.

I still don't get why they shipped Talladegha nights with the PS3. The movie is not an "Effects" movie and honestly, I didn't think it was that funny.

• DCA lover

heh, it's a blu-ray movie though, right? probably a cheap one ;-)

• Rides against injustice

[quote=MickeyMania;1225162]You forgot the picture:

quote]

That is a great picture!!
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

• Vehicle rotating backward

Knowing how much those boxes weigh now, that picture makes my back hurt a little.

• All you need is LOVE

Oh ps3 are cool so are wii's

• And they call me Mad!

Blog Entries

I went to Wal-Mart, they had PS3's in stock....I thought they were flying off the shelves
    What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Is HOME.

Yep, several stores around here had PS3s on the same night we were trying to hunt down a Wii- which we couldn't find. We thought about buying one to sell on ebay, but I looked them up and none of the auctions looked that impressive so I decided it would be dumb to take that chance. At that time, we could have sold out Wii for about 3 times the cost of it.
    ďIn a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.Ē -Michael Jackson