• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

(RCT3 Question) How can we put scenery underground and be able to see it?

I got Wild yesterday and it said that we could put scenery under ground by pushing the shift key and moving the mouse. I thought this was going to be a new feature that actually allowed us to place the scenery underground and be able to see it. I must have been wrong because it didn't work out that way. When I put the scenery underground, it can't be seen unless you click the feature that lets you see underground. But that isn't a new feature like Wild claimed it was. The only way I know to put scenery underground is to lower the land and put those grass tile things up as roofs.

I'm confused, am I doing something wrong? Is there a way I can actually put scenery underground so that I could see it in a ride with out the underground viewing feature turned on? As you can see with my RCT2 scenario's, I am a person who builds most rides underground so I can have a lot of space above ground to expand on.

I do like the tunneling fealure though for pathways

• Me and Ilovevmk as elves

Re: (RCT3 Question) How can we put scenery underground and be able to see it?

I don't have Wild! but I know with Soaked at least, I put it underwater, and it can be seen. Haven't tried on land, though I probably wouldn't Good luck. But as I said, it works for me in water, but you are building on land, so...dunno lol.

• Still lost in Neverland

I think that if you sink a piece of scenery underground then tunnel a ride, like the train, next to the sunk scenery, you can see it when the underground train goes by if you have Coaster Cam on. The peeps will see it too and add to the points or whatever they do to make the ride popular with other peeps. There was something like this in RCT2, I think. Maybe this is the same thing.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Ill try it .

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Wow, DW.. back into RCT3 I see.... lol, I just got wild and soaked, so I will be experimenting with it...

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

^For a few days .

Did the tunneling next to a sunk in into the ground scenery thingee work?

Thank You Poisonedapples

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

No it didn't. I gave up on it realizing that Atari was bragging about nothing special. You can put scenery underground, but you cant see it. It is virtually a useless feature unfortunatly .

I used it once in my Harry Potter Park to sink the scenery piece of the Haunred House into the ground so only the second floor showed. I just the first two floors with the base sunk into the ground for the display in London of Sirius Blacks House. It made one piece of scenery look different and be used in two different places. Maybe that's what they intended, but I seem to remember a way to get to see the scenery underground from a train that I tunneled to make it disappear behind a growth of trees. I don't remember exactly how I did it though.

Thank You Poisonedapples