Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• PotO LUVR :]

Best Guest Rooms...Ug...

How exactly do people come up with these ideas? Once the best guest room was a giant dance floor - i had already had one, but she got best guest room! I cant think of one at all -___- (and congrats for making it Summer! ^_~)
    PROUD BAND GEEK :]

GAMES I LOVE
    [IMG]http://icons.*************/154/ICONATOR_1bc59e8ac7a67f04f83ed3b4e2ffc500.png[/IMG]

• FallOut? where..!?

Re: Best Guest Rooms...Ug...

Everyone has a sense of creativity in them, some don't have to dig, thigns just remind them of an idea for their rooms, others need to dig for their creativity, don't worry, just because its "Best" doesn't mean its "The Best" just keep trying, adding new ideas everytime, we'll all be rewarded for creativity within and out of VMK.
    the oc freak. <3*

• Senior Minion

For a Best Guest Room it ends up being a very creative thing. But, it all starts with an empty mind. I've made pretty good rooms, if I say so myself, but I end up getting no visitors. This is very common, actually. If you try to make a room pointed to a certain group of people, even less people might visit. That's why in my latest holiday room, I included both Chanukah and Christmas just so people whom celebrate Chanukah wouldn't feel left out in a cozy spot in this virtual world.

You go through games and games, and even more games to earn your credits. Killing you eyes and making your fingers hurt and torturing your keyboard. When I say it that way, it sounds so cruel .

Anyway, it starts off as the emptiest and most wandering mind you can imagine. Then, you just place down one piece of furniture and KABOOM! an idea pops into your head. You get obssesed on finishing your room ASAP so many people are able to enjoy it soon. One tip while making your rooms, put "I'll boot" in some way in the name of the room and put "Only Allow Friends to Enter" in the i button on the bottom-left corner of the toolbar.

The "I'll Boot" message; I put this on all my room titles that I'm working on. Why? Well, some people come in rooms and then steal your ideas, then, you figure out; they make the room, win Best Guest room, and your virtual dreams are crushed. This happens very common. As you can also see, many MiceChatters do that. Midien, BPF, Ray, myself, and some others here and there ...

The "Friends Only" option; many things can happen when you are "afk" and someone you don't know comes in your room even with the word "Boot" in the name. Any room that reads, "Keep Out", "Stay Out", "Do Not Enter", or any other message involving tresspassing becomes more virtually suspenseful for these people to go into so this is a very helpful option. With the new tickets coming out, many new options will be added.

These are just a few tips and ways that I get my ideas for my rooms. If you actually took the time to read this post, I thank you. Well, I think this is enough posting for me here.

Good luck in your room, Band

- Snap
    Last edited by Snappi; 12-28-2006 at 12:03 PM. Reason: Details added

• FallOut? where..!?

Okay, along with Snap's thoughts, Ill "expand."

Winning "Best Guest Room" isn't always the easiest thigns as Guests think. They are like, "Best Guest-" and stop there and are like "I'm the best!" That was random, had to say it.

So anyways, if you are planning a holiday party (like me) for New Years, Or just to celebrate a Holiday, start playing games a month early so you can get as many new and old items to complete your room early.

Make some mules, and PLAY 'TILL YOU DIE! Im not joking, I started late on making my holiday room, so I'm practically dead now. Just play, play, play, and of coruse, to complete this,

LISTEN TO SNAP!

Fallout;
    the oc freak. <3*

• Senior Minion

Thanks for agreeing with me, Rachel. Highly appreciated ... my keyboard is still crying out for help from all the typing.

I think FallOut and myself have covered pretty much the most recent debateable and tipping parts of this Best Guest Room matter.

I still think more of us have a lot more tips but we basically covered the basic parts of this matter.

Ive never won yet but i think up good ideas mostly while im sleeping

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by nnic View Post
    Ive never won yet but i think up good ideas mostly while im sleeping
    This may sounds strange to others but while I'm bored during school time, I think up of room ideas. I then take a piece of paper and make a layout of the room.

The name, description, the furniture I'll need, and sometimes I get so bored that I decide to take another piece of paper and actually draw a sloppy copy of how I want the room to look like so i don't forget.

I know this may sound weird but at least I have the ideas...heh.

Quote Originally Posted by SnapplePlucked View Post
    This may sounds strange to others but while I'm bored during school time, I think up of room ideas. I then take a piece of paper and make a layout of the room.

The name, description, the furniture I'll need, and sometimes I get so bored that I decide to take another piece of paper and actually draw a sloppy copy of how I want the room to look like so i don't forget.

to me it doesnt sound wierd
    its something to do when your bored

• FallOut? where..!?

Your just adding extra creativity. I REALLY need a room design for my room.
    the oc freak. <3*

• RAWRR(:

I myself have never won best room, game or anything. I try hard too. I have made tropical places to giant dogs- never works out for me =(

Quote Originally Posted by SnapplePlucked View Post

Me To!

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Honestly, I just make rooms when I get bored. The Santa idea came to me because I had seen other people make words out of stacking boxes and originally Santa was supposed to be standing up. Well, the only way I could get the angle I wanted was to put him on the floor and people ended up liking it that way better.

If you really want to go for it here is my advice:

1. Pick a topic that is popular, making a halloween room in the middle of Christmas might not get many people to visit, simply because the seasons clash and everyone is thinking about presents.

2. Try to utilize the furniture in a different way or a tricky way. For example, making a room in the clouds using the palm tree stilts and snow carpets. If it can look like something else, use it!

3. Always put something in the room that shows your personality, if you get to caught up on making it the perfect guest room, it might not be as successful. I make all of my rooms in a way I think people might enjoy but I think looks good as well.

4. Don't stress over it! It's just a game, the idea will come, as has been stated, everyone is creative, just be yourself and try and think of ways to look at things differently.

And for the record, I don't think I'm a Best anything. I worked really hard for that pin, it only took over a year to get it.

Thanks for the tips Summer. That helps alot. =]

• FallOut? where..!?

Definitely. I especially like the one wher you pointed out how to make clouds But since I have no idea how I'll be able to get snow, Ill go for thee water!
    the oc freak. <3*

• Goodbye VMK.

Don't worry, you'll get one eventally!
    and so, the princess must leave her kingdom on May 21st, 2008. </3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast