How Do You Take A Pic and put it on this site?

I need to know for my avatar and so i can show a pic of my room

• Why am I here?

Re: How Do You Take A Pic and put it on this site?

Upload it to photobucket.com

Thx

• I embrace my insanity.

Could someone elaborate on that a little? that's all i've heard, photobucket, but do you have to be a member and..scan pictures or something?

• FallOut? where..!?

Do you mean for like MiceShots or some where else?
    the oc freak. <3*

• I embrace my insanity.

?? confused, rofl. i signed up for photo bucket and uploaded a pic so i'll edit if i need any more help :l

EDIT: I'm gonna try to post a random picture of a purple pig.

yaaaay it worked!!

• Senior Minion

Dance, that looks like a cat ...

Ok, anyways ...

You have two ways to take pictures:

• VMK Pal; Go to www.vmkpal.com and download it. With this program you can, log in VMK without having to put your username and password in. Take screenshots of VMK. See the VMK Community Calendar and adjust it to your time zone. Adjust a system on the program that allows you to write a message without "typing" it by pressing Alt + (# from 1-9). And many more things. To take a screenshot, press the camera button. Then, click on the icon that looks like the photo albums in VMK. There your picture will appear. You can press "Save To File" and instantly save it to your pictures, or you can press "Crop" if you want to just save a piece if the picture. When you press "Crop", just make a box around what you want to save from the picture and then, at the bottom, press "Save To File" and you have your picture.
    • Take a screenshot of the full screen by the "Print Screen / SysRq" button on top of the number pad on the side of your keyboard. When you want to take a picture with this button, just press it, open a drawing/whatever program and just find the "Paste" button and the picture will be there. You can then crop it to what you exactly want it to focus on.
    Ok, so when you have taken your picture, you can go to www.photobucket.com, www.imageshack.us, or www.tinypic.com and upload your picture. Make sure you use the IMG code to post it on here. If you want to put a big picture in your signature, I suggest making it smaller as we sometimes have issues with big signatures.

Well, if you need any more information, we're here to help you

- Snap

ty

• Senior Minion

No problem.

Here to help

... okay, but I wouldn't exactly call it "help", more like, "giving you a taste of the weird smartness".

• I embrace my insanity.

( a little ) that picture was for a project with a cereal box for the book ' Animal Farm ' and i had to make a logo. I couldn't get it to print so i had to draw the same thing, but that was the first thing i saw when i wanted to try to upload something

ON TOPIC: thanks for that snap, i didn't even know that button existed, looks pretty handy!!

• FallOut? where..!?

And how is that purple? ROFL.
    Snap said it, She's not as lazy as I am.
    the oc freak. <3*

• Senior Minion

Yes, I'm just feeling that alot of my posts lately are just saying "I'm crazy", "I'm weird", "OMG!", "", ect ...

Just trying to help And Dance, yes, it's very handy indeed. I make some avatars for my friend and myself - bigger than the average size avatars - for another website, and the button indeed comes in very handy to not make them look blurry.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SnapplePlucked View Post
    Dance, that looks like a cat ...

Ok, anyways ...

You have two ways to take pictures:
    • VMK Pal; Go to www.vmkpal.com and download it. With this program you can, log in VMK without having to put your username and password in. Take screenshots of VMK. See the VMK Community Calendar and adjust it to your time zone. Adjust a system on the program that allows you to write a message without "typing" it by pressing Alt + (# from 1-9). And many more things. To take a screenshot, press the camera button. Then, click on the icon that looks like the photo albums in VMK. There your picture will appear. You can press "Save To File" and instantly save it to your pictures, or you can press "Crop" if you want to just save a piece if the picture. When you press "Crop", just make a box around what you want to save from the picture and then, at the bottom, press "Save To File" and you have your picture.
    • Take a screenshot of the full screen by the "Print Screen / SysRq" button on top of the number pad on the side of your keyboard. When you want to take a picture with this button, just press it, open a drawing/whatever program and just find the "Paste" button and the picture will be there. You can then crop it to what you exactly want it to focus on.
    Ok, so when you have taken your picture, you can go to www.photobucket.com, www.imageshack.us, or www.tinypic.com and upload your picture. Make sure you use the IMG code to post it on here. If you want to put a big picture in your signature, I suggest making it smaller as we sometimes have issues with big signatures.

Well, if you need any more information, we're here to help you

- Snap
    I think I'll add to this since uploading at photobucket or another site isn't the only way you can add your picture as an avatar.

First do Snappi's first steps, either of your choice. Next go to User PC and check if it's on the avatar page. Next, look for a button that says browse, from there you can upload any picture that is saved onto your computer. That's pretty much all you got to it.

• FallOut? where..!?

Yes, you can go to various websites to get avatars as well, and do User CP, Avatar, Browse. But they explained it better than I did
    the oc freak. <3*