• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

RCT3 comments/annoying employee's

I am in love with the game again, but that old guy in the brown suit is driving me nuts!!! Every oher second he mentions that one of my animal things doesn't have a gallery, the nechanic cannot reach a gallery because supposedly there is a pathway problem (which there isn't), and he keeps complaining that one of my animal fences is broken, but won't tell me which one is broken. So I just ignore his comments. Is there anyway we can fire or drown him? He is annoying!!!!!!

He would tell me there are problems with a viewing gallery, but won't tell me which one. What am I suppost to do? Waste my time search for this unknown gallery?

Okay my rant is over, what are your opinions about RCT3? Do you have annoying employee's?

• Still lost in Neverland

Re: RCT3 comments/annoying employee's

I love the fact that the employees at the ticket booths for rides will still ring up the cost and make everybody go through the motions of buying a ticket even though I have the Free Rides box checked in Park Options and all rides are $0 cost.

Also when the peeps buy something you see them making the motion of paying, but no money is shown and then the employee pushes some invisible food at the peep and as the peep turns and leaves the both he/she is holding a food or drink or whatever they just bought.

The message thing is very annoying and I guess there is no way to get ride of the Park Inspector or stop the messages except to use the rename a guest to David Walsh and press CTL+U to make all the screen icons invisible. But you can still hear that annoying BEEP whenever a new message appears.

And why don't the Janitors go to the both and sweep? I have the pathway marked including the booth as there section and they keep by-passing the booth and there is trash all over the front of the booth, even though there are trash cans on either side. The longer the park is open, the more trash piles up in front of the booth. It never used to do this. Only after adding all the new Wild and Soaked patches did it start doing this.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler View Post
    I am in love with the game again, but that old guy in the brown suit is driving me nuts!!! Every oher second he mentions that one of my animal things doesn't have a gallery, the nechanic cannot reach a gallery because supposedly there is a pathway problem (which there isn't), and he keeps complaining that one of my animal fences is broken, but won't tell me which one is broken. So I just ignore his comments. Is there anyway we can fire or drown him? He is annoying!!!!!!

He would tell me there are problems with a viewing gallery, but won't tell me which one. What am I suppost to do? Waste my time search for this unknown gallery?

Okay my rant is over, what are your opinions about RCT3? Do you have annoying employee's?
    man, I hate that too, there is a way to get rid of him but you have to overwrite an existing file...

The park inspector can be very annoying, I've noticed that with you make a small hole with water in it; drop him in and he will be quiet. To answer your other question, yes, I have many employee that don't do anything. I just fire them and hire new one's. Also if you train them, they will be happier while they work and will not be annoying.

I can't stand the mechanics. In the RCT2 and 1, they would go thru the exits of the rides to fix them fast, now they take their sweet time to get to the ride, and they go thru the entire queue and fix the ride at the entrance. I hate that. So it's hard to have big queue with a great theme because you know when the ride breaks down, the mechanic is going to walk SLLLLOOOOWWWLY thru the queue. I think that was a dumb feature to put into RCT3.

I also wish the creators of the game would do away with "paying at the entrance" thing. I wish I can build a station with station gates where the peeps can wait at their assigned rows like real rides.

• Still lost in Neverland

Here's what I do to avoid that. I set the check ride time in every ride to 10 mintues. The game is in pause. I place a mechanic in the queue line about 5 squares away from the actual entrance. I limit his movement to just 6 or 7 squares plus the actual entrance square where the repair box is located. I don't care if all he does is walk in circles, he isn't real. And the ride gets fixed almost instantly because he is right there. I also have roving mechanics for things like broken down booths and facilities. I put a lot of roving mechanics down so there is usually one around when something smaller breaks down. Same thing with the janitors. Some around the big coasters where people have a tendency to throw up are assigned blocks and then others are roaming free and catch the odd paper pile and empty the trash cans.

I wish somebody on the Atari Forums would try to do this, but maybe it's just too complicated to actually do. I had a funny thing happen in the HP park. To get from the Hogwarts Castle which is up on a mountain, to the "Lands" below, I installed a different colored elevator for each "Land/House" instead of four big long stairways (why didn't they put escalators in?) and one time while filming the fly-around I noticed that the elevators where going up and the doors opening but no one got out, and the queue lines were getting really long and people where actually leaving the queue lines. Same thing at the bottom. All four elevators had lots of peeps in the actual car, but nobody would get off, so nobody could get on. The exits and entrances were all placed correctly. So I manually went to each elevator, clicked on a peep, picked them up and set them down outside the elevator on the exit path, and then un-paused the game. They all stood around confused for a fee seconds then went on their way and the elevators are working again. I keep checking back to see if they are working and so far I haven't had to pull any peeps off again. That was so weird.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples