Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• Circle of Ancients

Wii Game Reviews

Post your reviews of Wii games so we all can get an idea of what games we should be playing.

Here are the games we have:

Wii Sports - Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun. What a great way to learn how to play the Wii.

ExciteTruck - Any game where you get points for crashing is good with me. I'm pleasantly surprised at how fun this game is.

Red Steel - Once you get used to the controls it's a blast. Definately not a kids game and not something I'll play more than once. Once I'm done this is a trade-in.

Tony Hawks Downhill Jam - Haven't really played the main game much yet, but it's very fun. I love how you steer.

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz - So far ... kind of eh. Again, haven't played the main game yet but some of the mini-games are hard to control.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Re: Wii Game Reviews

Rayman Raving Rabids - Mutant bunnies that you defeat with plungers and drown with carrot juice. How can you go wrong with that???? It truly is spectacular.

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Rides against injustice

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess: BEST.ZELDA GAME.EVER!

Wii Sports: Ultimate get together game. Everyone that has come over and played it has fallen in love with it.

Red Steel: I agree with Clinksalot, once you get used to the controls its alot of fun. The action is like non stop.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

From all the reviews and talk I have seen the only good Wii game so far is Zelda which is off course a port and also I heard the Wii mote does not work as well as it could with Zelda. Madden 07 and Ray rabbits I guess. Personally I do not play Sports games and honestly the Rabbits games looks dumb and I heard it barely has a story and it is nothing but Minigames. If the Wii turns into a minigame loving non exclusive console than it will lose just like the Gamecube barely stayed with it.

Wii Sports- great fun, very simple presentation but the games are great to play with other people, always popular at parties and other such things and hey it comes with the system

Excite Truck- I perfer this above Wii sports actualy but maybe that's just because it's fun to play single as well as multiplayer the mutating tracks and the speed boosts and steering. every part of it just feels great my only complaint is the lack of four player mode and online might also be nice

Zelda- great because it's Zelda the Wii mostly makes it nicer for aiming and because of it's widescreen support I don't care for the fishing but I haven't fished very much yet because it's not my thing. all the controls and presentation are great I even like the use of the speaker the only thing I don't care for is the sword mechanics (I'd like them to be more context sensitive to the Wiimote and I wish that it allowed for hand preference selection) but it's a port so I'm sure in the next game I'll see more Wii specific features. Still it's a great classic

• Circle of Ancients

^^ Wii Sports isn't really a "Sports" game. Yes Sports is in the title, but that's about it. It's really a nice introduction to the WiiMote, but it's also VERY fun.

Got a Classic Controller yesterday and downloaded Street Fighter II. Still fun!!!

Also pre-ordered Wii-Play. Can't wait.

• Circle of Ancients

Rented a couple of games last night:

Elebits - Totally freakin' awesome. This IS the Katamari Damaci of the Wii (and also made by the same people). Totally fun, addictive and twisted just like Katmari. We WILL be buying this one.

Cars - I wanted to try out a 3rd party game and I wasn't dissapointed. It's pretty much the same game as Cars on the PS2, 360 and GC. But you get to use the Wiimote like a steering wheel like Excitetruck which IMO makes it better than the other versions.

• Minion

Excite Truck: Your average arcade style racing game. Overtly simple design, highly unrealistic physics. Seen it all before. Fun for a rental, not enough depth for a keeper

Wii Sports: A glorified tech demo. Some games are fun, some outright suck (mainly golf). Bowling is probably the most fun since you can applky spin to the ball by turning the wrist. However, after about 30 mins. I was routinely scoring perfect 300's! In real life I average around 145... As a whole, it's a good way to introduce non gamers into the Wii experience, but don't fool yourself into thinking you got a deal by receiving a "game" with the purchase of your Wii...

Red Steel: Inconsistent. Having to turn by dragging your reticle all the way to the opposite side of the screen? Am I playing the Sega Menacer? If you don't normally play FPS games, you might still enjoy this game. Seasoned players will hate how this control scheme breaks the otherwise fast paced feel of the game. My guess is that they just rushed this title.

Tony Hawks Downhill Jam: SSX Tri ..er Tony Hawks Downhill Jam may feel new to Tony Hawk vets, but really it's just a game most of us have played before. Replace the asphalt with snow and you know what I mean. The game feels natural, but it also eliminates a lot of the challenge (grinding rails and keeping one's balance is cake). It's a fun change, I guess. Rent SSX Tricky and try that out instead.

Super Monkey Ball Banana Blitz: If you're a fan of the Super Monkey Ball series, this may be the best one yet. Using the wiimote feels a lot more natural than a dual shock, and once you're comfortable with the controls, you'll be flying through levels like nobody's business. The minigames are fun too.

Madden NFL 07: Worst. Madden. Ever. When you throw your first offensive pass, you'll think "WOW, this is going to be great!" then you play defense... Inconsistent best describes this experience. Defense is literally so the opposite of fun, that I enjoyed the training portions more than the franchise mode. That's bad seeing as usually those are the portions you'd like to skip to get to the meat of the game. The whole purpose of the Wii is to be the "everyman's console", but the sheer number of hand motions and gestures that you need to memorize is the exact opposite. I really don't believe the Wii is meant to control games that have a lot of moves to learn/implement. Honestly, go play this on anything BUT the Wii.

Cars: Your average licensed game. Nothing special. For $20 more than the GC version, you'd expect a decent amount of upgrades right? Don't. The Wiimote controls feel tacked on, and don't utilize the wiimote's full potential. Go play Excite Truck instead.

Call of Duty 3: Inconsistent too. The graphics are on par with the GC, and there's no multiplayer support. No surround sound either. It's fun, but if you'd played any light gun game, or Time Crisis at the arcade, you know what to expect.

OVERALL ANALYSIS: It really feels like many of the Wii titles are simply the same old stuff with a new control scheme. It has the potential to be refreshing (Excite Truck for example), but we're already seeing repetition in this "innovative console". Call of Duty 3 and Red Steel are VERY similar in terms of gameplay stylings. The same is happening with racing games as well. The main difference being some games are not as responsive as others. This is going to make the "coolness factor" wear off REALLY quick. So far, Zelda is the gleaming jewel in Nintendo's arsenal, but seeing as I haven't beaten it yet, I can't review it. Hopefully, deeper experiences like Twilight Princess will become the norm.

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Elebits - Totally freakin' awesome. This IS the Katamari Damaci of the Wii (and also made by the same people). Totally fun, addictive and twisted just like Katmari. We WILL be buying this one.
    You KNOW I'm addicted to Katamari!! Can you give me more info on this game and how it works with the Wii??

Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Earth Intruder

I would love to check out Elebits now... of course, I STILL CANT FIND A FREEKIN WII!!!!!

Not only that, but I went to Best Buy so I could use my gift certs on accessories, perhaps -- and NOT ONE BEST BUY HAS ANY ACCESSORIES (except bags and Wiimote sleeves). Not one controller, nunchuck, NOTHIN.

So annoyed. I wanna join the Wii club but I feel like an imposter. Clinks can you just adopt me so I can play with the cool toys?
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    I would love to check out Elebits now... of course, I STILL CANT FIND A FREEKIN WII!!!!!

Not only that, but I went to Best Buy so I could use my gift certs on accessories, perhaps -- and NOT ONE BEST BUY HAS ANY ACCESSORIES (except bags and Wiimote sleeves). Not one controller, nunchuck, NOTHIN.

So annoyed. I wanna join the Wii club but I feel like an imposter. Clinks can you just adopt me so I can play with the cool toys?
    Sigh.... I understand your angst Cherny. Patience grasshopper. It will be available soon, I'm sure.

Left the church, but not the parishioners.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    I've seen a whole stack in the window at the EB Games at City Place in Long Beach.

Am I playing the Sega Menacer?
    LOL!!!! I had totally forgotten about the Menacer...Oh and the Super Scope 6!
    If you don't normally play FPS games, you might still enjoy this game. Seasoned players will hate how this control scheme breaks the otherwise fast paced feel of the game. My guess is that they just rushed this title.
    I agree. If the controls were tighter this wouldve been an awesome game. The action comes at you from everywhere. But I hated the fact that you would be getting shot up from the side and it took a good 3 seconds to turn all the way around. I think the fact that you can regain energy so quickly was a concession on their part that you would be taking alot of damage in this game. Still,I had fun playing it and its worth at least a rental. I hope the team working on MP3:Corruption have played this game and see what NOT to do in a FPS. ;-)
    Out of the NIGHT....

• DCA lover

Quote Originally Posted by Disneyphile View Post
    I've seen a whole stack in the window at the EB Games at City Place in Long Beach.
    That means nothing. These people are bastards who put empty boxes in the window even though they have none in stock. I would be willing to bet money that if you went inside to buy a Wii you would come out empty-handed. I can't stand when stores pull this crap. Circuit City does this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hippie View Post
    That means nothing. These people are bastards who put empty boxes in the window even though they have none in stock. I would be willing to bet money that if you went inside to buy a Wii you would come out empty-handed. I can't stand when stores pull this crap. Circuit City does this too.
    Ugh..tell me about it. I remember back when the N64 launched and they were sold out everywhere. My mom and I went to a EB Games and we saw the box on the shelf. I got all happy and just as I was about to reach over to grab the box one of the sales clerks was like "We're sold out of N64's. Thats just for display" ARGGHH!! I think my mom said something like "Then why dont you take those boxes down??!!" I felt like hitting him over the head with that box!

hehe

Seriously! Put the empty boxes away!!!
    Last edited by Zorro825; 01-16-2007 at 06:29 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Out of the NIGHT....

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast