Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142136 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

Quote Originally Posted by dance_is_life View Post
    we haven't learned kite yet. how do you say "mess with"? that's even better...my guy friend (who just so happens to be man candy XD) asked my teacher how to say it for some autobiography project, and guess what she said mess with is?

molesto.

"Molesto" can be also describing someone who is bothered. Or, to bother, in the past tense.

In DR, we call a kite a "chichigua". Yeah, the starngest word you might hear. Or maybe how Cubans call swimsuits, "trusas". I was shocked when I heard someone say, "¿Tu tienes tu trusa?"

It was just a weird word. To mess with, I say, "moleste", "molestar", and things like that. It depends in which way you're trying to approach the word and in what sense.

I might become your online Spanish teacher. Wow.

• I embrace my insanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Snappi View Post
    "Molesto" can be also describing someone who is bothered. Or, to bother, in the past tense.

In DR, we call a kite a "chichigua". Yeah, the starngest word you might hear. Or maybe how Cubans call swimsuits, "trusas". I was shocked when I heard someone say, "¿Tu tienes tu trusa?"

It was just a weird word. To mess with, I say, "moleste", "molestar", and things like that. It depends in which way you're trying to approach the word and in what sense.

I might become your online Spanish teacher. Wow.

BAHAHAHAHA!!

I still find it funny that molestar is a spanish word, and that it's probably the origin of the English version that happens to mean something a little different...

• Paint the Roses Red

Hmm, so random:

Grr! Bear Power!

• Senior Minion

Oh, my gosh! I just heard a big bump and then a giant squeal of something. I believe it was a car...ugh, that brings back the memory of a car crash that I saw while going to school on my bus...bad memory.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Ivory_Rocks View Post
    Hmm, so random:

Grr! Bear Power!
    Yay! I <3 bears

• I embrace my insanity.

Hmm, so random:

Grr! Bear Power!

let's use some random spanish! xD!

...naranjas hablan con mi cafe solo en la papeleria (insert word for "on" here) un miercoles freo!

TRANSLATION: ...oranges talk with my black coffee in a stationary store on a cold wednesday!!

• Paint the Roses Red

I could have sworn I heard rocks being thrown at windows, or maybe firecrackers; they were odd, repeitive noises that one never hears in this neighborhood.

• Paint the Roses Red

"Lions, tigers, and bears, Oh My!"

One of my favorite quotes.

• I embrace my insanity.

I could have sworn I heard rocks being thrown at windows, or maybe firecrackers; they were odd, repeitive noises that one never hears in this neighborhood.
    That's scary...MORE RANDOM SPANISH!!!

Los guisantes son muy simpatica. Las manzanas? No, de ninguna manera! Son bastante perezosos, stupidos, feos y gordos.

TRANSLATION: The peas are very nice. The apples? No, not at all! They are rather lazy, stupid, ugly and fat.

DANCES RANDOM HUMMING SONGS OF THE DAY:

Irreplacible-Beyonce
    Somewhere Over The Rainbow-Judy Garland (Lady's Fault!)
    Smack That-???
    I Just Wanna Live-Good Charlotte (ROFL Snap)
    And some random high notes, i was trying to see how high i could go xD

• Senior Minion

let's use some random spanish! xD!

...naranjas hablan con mi cafe solo en la papeleria (insert word for "on" here) un miercoles freo!

TRANSLATION: ...oranges talk with my black coffee in a stationary store on a cold wednesday!!
    Spelling errors

Naranjas hablan con mi cafe negro, solo en la (What did you mean by "papeleria"? For my friend, that is a trash can ) en un miercoles frio!

• Paint the Roses Red

I, being bored as usual, made an advice thread; check it out! lol

• Senior Minion

That's scary...MORE RANDOM SPANISH!!!

Los guisantes son muy simpatica. Las manzanas? No, de ninguna manera! Son bastante perezosos, stupidos, feos y gordos.

TRANSLATION: The peas are very nice. The apples? No, not at all! They are rather lazy, stupid, ugly and fat.

When I read that, it reminded me how my best friend's (She's from Honduras) brother talks to me on purpose >.< ...and he knows I don't like the word "vos", but he still uses it...don't blame him, he's 21 and the other one is 19...heh.

• I embrace my insanity.

Spelling errors

Naranjas hablan con mi cafe negro, solo en la (What did you mean by "papeleria"? For my friend, that is a trash can ) en un miercoles frio!
    Really, it's frio? my teacher always pronounced it so it sounded like freo (fray-oh). Papeleria is a stationary store xD.
    And cafe solo is cafe without milk, i just said black coffee for no reason

MORE RANDOM SPANISH!!

El gato violeta lleva un pantalone largo anaranjado y un gorro blanco.

TRANSLATION: The purple cat wears long orange pants and a white hat.

• Senior Minion

Really, it's frio? my teacher always pronounced it so it sounded like freo (fray-oh). Papeleria is a stationary store xD
    The i in Spanish is pronounced the same as the e in English It took me a while to not confuse them when I first learned English.

• I embrace my insanity.

The i in Spanish is pronounced the same as the e in English It took me a while to not confuse them when I first learned English.
    Yes snap i'm not that stupid, i learned how to pronounce them in the 6th grade.

My spanish teacher always said it as if it were spelled freo with the spanish sounding e, like frayo not freeo.

AHH MY LEGG!! IS BLEEDING!! (probably a razor cut >_<)

Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142136 ... LastLast