Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142136 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 897
  1. #151

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by dance_is_life View Post
    we haven't learned kite yet. how do you say "mess with"? that's even better...my guy friend (who just so happens to be man candy XD) asked my teacher how to say it for some autobiography project, and guess what she said mess with is?

    ...

    molesto.

    "Molesto" can be also describing someone who is bothered. Or, to bother, in the past tense.

    In DR, we call a kite a "chichigua". Yeah, the starngest word you might hear. Or maybe how Cubans call swimsuits, "trusas". I was shocked when I heard someone say, "¿Tu tienes tu trusa?"

    It was just a weird word. To mess with, I say, "moleste", "molestar", and things like that. It depends in which way you're trying to approach the word and in what sense.

    I might become your online Spanish teacher. Wow.


  2. #152

    • I embrace my insanity.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,852

    Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappi View Post
    "Molesto" can be also describing someone who is bothered. Or, to bother, in the past tense.

    In DR, we call a kite a "chichigua". Yeah, the starngest word you might hear. Or maybe how Cubans call swimsuits, "trusas". I was shocked when I heard someone say, "¿Tu tienes tu trusa?"

    It was just a weird word. To mess with, I say, "moleste", "molestar", and things like that. It depends in which way you're trying to approach the word and in what sense.

    I might become your online Spanish teacher. Wow.

    BAHAHAHAHA!!

    I still find it funny that molestar is a spanish word, and that it's probably the origin of the English version that happens to mean something a little different...



  3. #153

    • Paint the Roses Red
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    6,253

    Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

    Hmm, so random:

    Grr! Bear Power!

  4. #154

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

    Oh, my gosh! I just heard a big bump and then a giant squeal of something. I believe it was a car...ugh, that brings back the memory of a car crash that I saw while going to school on my bus...bad memory.


  5. #155

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Ivory_Rocks View Post
    Hmm, so random:

    Grr! Bear Power!
    Yay! I <3 bears


  6. #156

    • I embrace my insanity.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,852

    Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Ivory_Rocks View Post
    Hmm, so random:

    Grr! Bear Power!



    let's use some random spanish! xD!

    ...naranjas hablan con mi cafe solo en la papeleria (insert word for "on" here) un miercoles freo!

    TRANSLATION: ...oranges talk with my black coffee in a stationary store on a cold wednesday!!



  7. #157

    • Paint the Roses Red
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    6,253

    Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

    I could have sworn I heard rocks being thrown at windows, or maybe firecrackers; they were odd, repeitive noises that one never hears in this neighborhood.

  8. #158

    • Paint the Roses Red
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    6,253

    Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

    "Lions, tigers, and bears, Oh My!"

    One of my favorite quotes.

  9. #159

    • I embrace my insanity.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,852

    Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Lady_Ivory_Rocks View Post
    I could have sworn I heard rocks being thrown at windows, or maybe firecrackers; they were odd, repeitive noises that one never hears in this neighborhood.
    That's scary...MORE RANDOM SPANISH!!!

    Los guisantes son muy simpatica. Las manzanas? No, de ninguna manera! Son bastante perezosos, stupidos, feos y gordos.

    TRANSLATION: The peas are very nice. The apples? No, not at all! They are rather lazy, stupid, ugly and fat.



    DANCES RANDOM HUMMING SONGS OF THE DAY:

    Irreplacible-Beyonce
    Somewhere Over The Rainbow-Judy Garland (Lady's Fault!)
    Smack That-???
    I Just Wanna Live-Good Charlotte (ROFL Snap)
    And some random high notes, i was trying to see how high i could go xD



  10. #160

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by dance_is_life View Post


    let's use some random spanish! xD!

    ...naranjas hablan con mi cafe solo en la papeleria (insert word for "on" here) un miercoles freo!

    TRANSLATION: ...oranges talk with my black coffee in a stationary store on a cold wednesday!!
    Spelling errors

    Naranjas hablan con mi cafe negro, solo en la (What did you mean by "papeleria"? For my friend, that is a trash can ) en un miercoles frio!


  11. #161

    • Paint the Roses Red
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Wonderland
    Posts
    6,253

    Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

    I, being bored as usual, made an advice thread; check it out! lol

  12. #162

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by dance_is_life View Post
    That's scary...MORE RANDOM SPANISH!!!

    Los guisantes son muy simpatica. Las manzanas? No, de ninguna manera! Son bastante perezosos, stupidos, feos y gordos.

    TRANSLATION: The peas are very nice. The apples? No, not at all! They are rather lazy, stupid, ugly and fat.

    When I read that, it reminded me how my best friend's (She's from Honduras) brother talks to me on purpose >.< ...and he knows I don't like the word "vos", but he still uses it...don't blame him, he's 21 and the other one is 19...heh.


  13. #163

    • I embrace my insanity.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,852

    Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappi View Post
    Spelling errors

    Naranjas hablan con mi cafe negro, solo en la (What did you mean by "papeleria"? For my friend, that is a trash can ) en un miercoles frio!
    Really, it's frio? my teacher always pronounced it so it sounded like freo (fray-oh). Papeleria is a stationary store xD.
    And cafe solo is cafe without milk, i just said black coffee for no reason


    MORE RANDOM SPANISH!!

    El gato violeta lleva un pantalone largo anaranjado y un gorro blanco.

    TRANSLATION: The purple cat wears long orange pants and a white hat.



  14. #164

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    5,187

    Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by dance_is_life View Post
    Really, it's frio? my teacher always pronounced it so it sounded like freo (fray-oh). Papeleria is a stationary store xD
    The i in Spanish is pronounced the same as the e in English It took me a while to not confuse them when I first learned English.


  15. #165

    • I embrace my insanity.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    5,852

    Re: The "VMK Is Closed" Random Thoughts And Pictures Hyper People Party Thread!

    Quote Originally Posted by Snappi View Post
    The i in Spanish is pronounced the same as the e in English It took me a while to not confuse them when I first learned English.
    Yes snap i'm not that stupid, i learned how to pronounce them in the 6th grade.

    My spanish teacher always said it as if it were spelled freo with the spanish sounding e, like frayo not freeo.

    AHH MY LEGG!! IS BLEEDING!! (probably a razor cut >_<)



Page 11 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8910111213142136 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Pictures] Disney World Pictures of "Move It, Shake It, Celebrate It! Street Party" Parade
    By WDWmemories in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 02-28-2009, 09:30 PM
  2. Why Was the Random Thread Closed
    By Queen.Boo in forum Disney Interactive and Game Industry Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-22-2007, 02:44 PM
  3. The "No English Allowed" Random Thread
    By FrumiousBoojum in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 57
    Last Post: 12-05-2005, 08:29 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •