Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Why am I here?

Fireworks Remixed Advanced Strats

Ok so I made a better and more advanced strat guide. I am still building on it. I will update it so keep checking this main post.

Castle Fireworks Remixed Strategies
    GENERAL
    -Forget everything you knew about how to play fireworks from before, besides how to hit flawless.
    -The multiplyer is now the key to this game. You must try to keep it at 3.0 the ENTIRE game, or as close as possible.
    -The multiplyer will not go down for missing fireworks, it will go down back to 1.0 if you hit something besides awesome.
    -The trick is mainly to hit only the fireworks you can deffinetly get flawless on.

Here are my best scores for each round.
    Obviously I keep breaking them like every game, but for now these are them.

You can figure out what level they go to.

Combo
    I would not worry about this too much. On level 1 I try to do it sometimes, if you miss on level 1 you can sometimes hit a 30 bonus as oppose to a 24 firework. So it can help there if you are keeping awake, but in the end there it doesn't help much. The big bonuses are at the end, you should try for these more.

Explode All
    Only good at certain points, some I have made notes to.

LEVEL 1

First round- Pretty easy, should come out over 400 and not have to miss any. You can mess with the combo to get about 6 more.

Second round- This gets a little bit tricky. The beginning is nice and slow but then doubles come out. This is where I usually pass anyone keeping up. The combo for this round is always as follows- BLUE ORANGE BLUE or ORANGE BLUE ORANGE. So when the pair of doubles come out, you can only hit one each, so make sure to hit them in the order of this combo for a good amount of extra points. Also at the start of this round you will have a point where there is a single double, sometimes they come out close enough to get both, but usually not, sometimes you can use them as a combo by missing the previous one, but if they are not together you are taking a risk and losing more points than gaining just to try for an extra 6.

Third round- The start is fairly simple. You may have an oppurtunity to even get a combo by missing a firework at one point. So try to keep that in mind. At the end you will get a bunch of doubles. Hit them in order and of course stay calm and keep getting flawless. At the end on the last double, if they are too far apart use the EXPLODE ALL button, you should probably always be ready to use it.

Ok now here is where I am still trying to pick up on some combo zones. These are very general hints.

LEVEL 2

First round- Very easy, you should be able to pull through with no missed if you are careful, sometimes there will be 2 that are clustered too close together to hit them both or either 1, just let them both go, it's for the best . No real combos are here that you need to do anything special to hit.

Second round- This is pretty easy as well. Be careful for back and forth doubles at once point such as PINK to RED or BLUE to GREEN that keep coming a few times in the middle. You may also have a chance later in the round to miss one firework to get the combo, all you can do is keep your eye on the coming next and keep the combo in your mind.

Third round- Again be careful and let the ones by you need to, just watch the close ones. You probably do not want to explode all at the end because there is a 3 pair and then a single so try to hit as many as you can the cluster together from the 3 pair and then hit the single. Also in this round you want to keep the combo in your head because it is usaually a 2 firework combo and could help you towards the end on some multi firework explosions with a lot to chose from, go for these at least if you have more possibilities.

LEVEL 3

First round- This is simple, just make sure to hit any doubles you can (the fire of the same kind that come together). I would keep the combo in mind here because in some games at the end you may have an oppurtunity to use it a couple of times, other than that don't worry about it.

Second round- There are a bunch of triples that come out. Sometimes you can hit one, two, or three at once- depending on the set you get. Just hit the biggest amount you can. So if their split to 2 and 1 go for the 2 pair. Combos are not an issue here, do not think about it on this one.

Third round- This one is steady until the end where a lot of random fireworks will come out. Try to hit a pair of the fast exploding ones if you can, if not skip them and use EXPLODE ALL at the very end. Make sure you have the 3.0 for that big finish. Before the finish a slow fuse fire will come out before all the random ones, in that random pair usually lies the combo at some place, so I would skip that really slow fused one and wait for them all to come out to jump on it, but be careful the big cluster is most important.

LEVEL 4

First round- This can be easy, however there are a lot of fireworks that come close. You have to try to hit edges of some at some point as to not accidentally explode some. Just let the ones go you need to.

Second round- This is about the same as last round, just harder and closer, EXPLODE ALL at the very end.

Third round- This is actually easier I believe, but they do get closer, let them go if you can't get them for sure.

LEVEL 5

First round- And closer still, you will have to let many go by, a real challenge to keep your meter up. Keep looking for pairs. Combos are good but usually only come up a couple of times, so don't worry too much about them.

Second round- Ok this is an even bigger roudn for combos, it is a lot like the last but you wil lget many more combos of the 2 firework pair, so keep them in mind and miss other fireworks if you have to at some points to get these combos.

Third round- Not that many fire are in this round. You are going to want to use EXPLODE ALL at the very beginning. At the end do not explode all, there are a bunch of clusters of the same fire so keep hitting them individually. The combo can become helpful at the end, but it is very difficult usually.

NOTE- The tendencies are from a small amount of trials. If you find a situation going against these or want to add a tip please infrom me here.

You can see I know less about each level as the game goes on. Just obvious how that worked out. I will try to observe more as I play more.
    Last edited by FlAmMaBle; 01-18-2007 at 12:13 PM.

• vmk MissEmilyLouise

Re: Fireworks Remixed Advanced Strats

Thank you for making this. I was great at the last fireworks and now have only been able to achieve around 4500. I am going to try these tips!

My VMK name is MissEmilyLouise and I love pink!!

• Why am I here?

It was kind of hard for me to remember everything. And if I sat there and watched rounds then I wouldn't be able to go on. I figured I would make it then read it as I play to add. Spikes been up there anyway so maybe he can add more to this than I can.
    Probably a few typos as well. Typed this in about 5m or so. XD

• May the F=ma be with you

These are some pretty good tips. My best score so far is 5832. If I recall correctly, I only came in below first place 3 times. Once to Flam, once to Spike, and another time was my first playing the game. I just wish that they could increase the amount of prize credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Phonedave View Post
    Well, if your parents can't teach you, maybe you can learn from a taser.

• Why am I here?

I'm sure they will add some random bonos or something eventually. Just need to wait. Rumor is 1k after 10 wins. Which would bring me up to about 800 per game averaged out. Which is not totally bad. Especially if we all keep getting more and stuff like that. So all the ragging on it wouldn't be so bad if there were some bonos.

Thanks for all the help.
    And congrats on making the high score list a billion times.

go Stichers!

• Why am I here?

Quote Originally Posted by CL_DBourque View Post
    go Stichers!
    Lol can't get that sig to work eh. xD I need to do everything..

do this lol

• Why am I here?

There you go. Now can see dc dancing when ever I want.

• VMK: AliasSpike

Great job on this, even if it did take you 5 minutes lol. I know I wouldn't be able to remember things specific to the levels/rounds.

Anyways, I've seen a whole bunch of people do really well up to the end of the 3rd level, but when it comes to level 4 they completely bomb. There really isn't too much strategy, that I've observed, when it comes to the last 2 levels. I haven't bothered with combinations since the 1st level, occasionally the 2nd level, when I can. Sure there's the occasional EXPLODE ALL at the end of a few rounds, as Flammable said, but other than that, it all comes down to the basics.
    1. Keep that Flawless bonus at 3x! - most important
    2. When 2 or more of the same firework comes up at the same time, try and hit Flawless on both or as many as you can in one click. If they are too far apart, just go for one Flawless and let the others go.
      Side Note: This also goes for when exactly you use the EXPLODE ALL button (=Space Bar. For those that didn't know ) - When more than one of the SAME firework appears at the SAME time AND there are no other fireworks in the screen. The happens more often at either the beginning or the end of a few rounds (as Flammable indicated in his OP). Make sure you do have the same "Firework cursor" as the ones you are exploding! (as always).
    3. When 2 or more DIFFERENT fireworks appear at the SAME time:
      First, go for the one that will disappear quickest.
      Second, if they both (or all) disappear at approx. the same time (Ex. Blue Swirl & Yellow Star), go for the one that is easier to switch to.
      Third, (less likely, but still an option) go to the one that will help you on the next appearing Firework.
      Example: You have to choose between Pink Circles or Green Circle, and the next one after was a Lemon, you would choose the Green Circle since it's 1 away from the Lemon)
    4. Since the fireworks appear rather quickly in these last 2 levels, it is very helpful to know which fireworks disappear more quickly than others.
      Example: A "Light Blue Star" and a "Lemon" shaped firework appears at the same time. You would hit Flawless on the Light Blue Star first, then quickly switch to the Lemon shaped one (easy, since it's only one spot away) and hit the Lemon shaped firework. Both should end up as Flawless, if you time it correctly.
    5. Know how many times you have to hit the arrow keys to get to the right firework. The fireworks appear really quickly by the end of the 5th level, so knowing how many arrow key strokes, in which direction, to get to the next firework will help a lot.
      Example: In the 5th level, a Yellow Star and a Green Circle appear at the same time. You would hit Flawless on the Yellow star First (since it disappears quicker than the Green Circle), then move Right 3 times (as opposed to Left 5 times) to select the Green Circle, and, if timed correctly, you should be able to get Flawless on this as well.
    Meh, you all probably already knew all this, but I just wrote them down as a reminder, since it really helps in the last 2 levels. As soon as you've got all the firework switching and the Flawless bonus near perfection, you should be able to do rather well.

In the very last round, all you can do is shoot as many Flawless as you can. When that huge bunch of different fireworks come up, you can try and hit one or two. But other wise, you can play it safe and get ready for the Explode All at the very end.

Anyways, all that might've not made much sense (especially my firework naming ability ), since I've been switching between writing this, watching TV, and chatting to a couple of people. But yeah, if I think up anything new / useful I'll be sure to post here.

• Why am I here?

Heh nice additions. Good job with those scores. I am kind of getting bored. I like beating my own everyday, but as far as yours don't feel like trying right now. I don't want to be controlled by high score board, it kills the game when you feel you need to be up there and people like excpect it of you.
    I'll probably try to stay on all time list somewhere though.

Seems like only a few of us have been on the list.
    Seen only a couple besides us controlling it.
    BTW I wrote down notes about each while playing. That's how I did it lol.
    Last edited by FlAmMaBle; 01-10-2007 at 04:33 PM.

• Why am I here?

Spike if you had 3rd the scoreboard would be sick looking go you me you me all the way down almost besides 10. lol..

• Senior Minion

Nice tips (I'm only saying this because it looks long ), now, off to read!

• VMK: AliasSpike

Quote Originally Posted by FlAmMaBle View Post
    Heh nice additions. Good job with those scores. I am kind of getting bored. I like beating my own everyday, but as far as yours don't feel like trying right now. I don't want to be controlled by high score board, it kills the game when you feel you need to be up there and people like excpect it of you.
    I'll probably try to stay on all time list somewhere though.

Seems like only a few of us have been on the list.
    Seen only a couple besides us controlling it.
    BTW I wrote down notes about each while playing. That's how I did it lol.
    lol.. yeah, Goofy was at the top this morning.. just wanted to kill the challenge that was staring me in the face haha
    There were a bunch of people on the board this morning, but other than us and Goofy, uh.. yeah. lol it's only the 3rd day, so some people should get the hang of it soon enough.
    And you wrote notes, heh, you sure you don't have 3 arms? lol
    Quote Originally Posted by FlAmMaBle View Post
    Spike if you had 3rd the scoreboard would be sick looking go you me you me all the way down almost besides 10. lol..
    haha, wow. didn't catch the board at that time, but that would've been nice to see.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast