Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ray's Good News

• I'll pencil this in later

Talking Ray's Good News

I just got back from a doctor's appointment, and I wanted to share my good news with my cheesy family. As many of you know, I was diagnosed with diabetes over the past summer, and a couple months ago i sent a $3,000 to the only lab in the US that does my kind of genetic testing. Atheena - in Missouri. Today i recieved my test results, i was hoping for type 2. But i have a rare type of Diabetes called MODY 2.
    but luckily, this type of diabetes can go away, and i can get of my shots!! and hopefully I'll be snacking on some dole whips soon.

Also tonight I will be recieving an award - the golden sneaker- for raising mony for Diabetes Research in a walk I went to. so if anyone could do the host room for me on a mule, that would be Greatly appreciated. Thank you all for being so kind to me, I dont know what i would do without you guys

• Why am I here?

Re: Ray's Good News

That's good news , and congratz for the award. Maybe I can pop my other PC in the room with a VMK pass, but have a backup, I am most likely going to forget.

• FallOut? where..!?

That's awesome Ray!! I forgot what type my friend has, but her grandma and soem other people in her family have it too, so its more of a genetic type thing for her. Congats!!!
    the oc freak. <3*

Quote Originally Posted by FlAmMaBle View Post
    That's good news , and congratz for the award. Maybe I can pop my other PC in the room with a VMK pass, but have a backup, I am most likely going to forget.
    thanks! np, if you cant. Thanks for trying
    Quote Originally Posted by xFallOut_Girlx View Post
    That's awesome Ray!! I forgot what type my friend has, but her grandma and soem other people in her family have it too, so its more of a genetic type thing for her. Congats!!!
    Yeah its a really rare type, the doc said i have 1 abnormal gene in my pancreas that's causing it. thanks for the support

•   
    • Senior Minion

I have diabetes and know how tough it is to go through your day making good choices about what you eat. I'm glad to read though that you are on your way out of dealing with it! Thanks for sharing the great news with us!

• Disney Dreams

Quote Originally Posted by Ilovevmk! View Post
    I just got back from a doctor's appointment, and I wanted to share my good news with my cheesy family. As many of you know, I was diagnosed with diabetes over the past summer, and a couple months ago i sent a $3,000 to the only lab in the US that does my kind of genetic testing. Atheena - in Missouri. Today i recieved my test results, i was hoping for type 2. But i have a rare type of Diabetes called MODY 2.
    but luckily, this type of diabetes can go away, and i can get of my shots!! and hopefully I'll be snacking on some dole whips soon.

Also tonight I will be recieving an award - the golden sneaker- for raising mony for Diabetes Research in a walk I went to. so if anyone could do the host room for me on a mule, that would be Greatly appreciated. Thank you all for being so kind to me, I dont know what i would do without you guys
    Aww that's awesome! You know we <3 you and pray for you Ray! YAY!

- Con

• Senior Minion

Those are great news, Ray! I bet you can't go back and eat sugar all over again ...and if I can remember, I'll be using mules for the host room.

Quote Originally Posted by Stitch74 View Post
    I have diabetes and know how tough it is to go through your day making good choices about what you eat. I'm glad to read though that you are on your way out of dealing with it! Thanks for sharing the great news with us!
    aww, yes its very hard, especially living with 2 xhoxolate hungry sisters. I wish you the best of luck with your diabetes. <3

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    Aww that's awesome! You know we <3 you and pray for you Ray! YAY!

- Con
    hehe thanks, yes i know you all <3 me. I dont know what i would do without you <3

Quote Originally Posted by Snappi View Post
    Those are great news, Ray! I bet you can't go back and eat sugar all over again ...and if I can remember, I'll be using mules for the host room.
    nope no sugar for Ray just yet hopefully i'll be getting some dole whips soon though thanks.

• Disney Dreams

Definitely as someone who has had a family member with a disease, I know how difficult it is waiting for results from Doctors after tests. You hope for the best, and you pray. That's all you can do - but you've gotten AWESOME news, and that's really great! GL with everything - I hope it all goes away SOON!!!

• 333: I'm only half evil!!

Blog Entries

I'm glad to hear the news princess!! I've been praying for you!
    AP Holder.
    Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

I don't know where I was when you were diagnosed, but I am super happy for you! It is wonderful that you have a chance for it to go away. My little cousin has diabetes; he is one wild child. I wish you the best of luck!
    >Siggie Made By Moi<

• For You!

Ray!! That's awesome!!! I hope you get rid of your shots soon!

Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Quote Originally Posted by WDWGirl View Post
    Definitely as someone who has had a family member with a disease, I know how difficult it is waiting for results from Doctors after tests. You hope for the best, and you pray. That's all you can do - but you've gotten AWESOME news, and that's really great! GL with everything - I hope it all goes away SOON!!!
    aww, that's not a fun feeling thanks for thinking about me.

Quote Originally Posted by TobyKeithRules View Post
    I'm glad to hear the news princess!! I've been praying for you!
    aww, thanks. nice to know i have such great cheesy friends.
    Quote Originally Posted by rosierabbit123 View Post
    I don't know where I was when you were diagnosed, but I am super happy for you! It is wonderful that you have a chance for it to go away. My little cousin has diabetes; he is one wild child. I wish you the best of luck!
    hehe. I actually just joind MC when i was diagnosed. it has helped me alot
    Quote Originally Posted by BFJen View Post
    Ray!! That's awesome!!! I hope you get rid of your shots soon!
    Thanks! me too. those are no fun.

Well, Im leaving for my award ceremony thingy.. see ya tomorrow or later tonight! (plz remember me for host room - if you have time, thanks)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast