Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Re: My Newest RCT3 park, Jurassic Park

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Boy View Post
    OK, I feel better now. Post when you put the ride up on You Tube.
    I will, I havn't put it up yet because I cant find a good soundtrack for the 'backstage area' of JP when the boat goes off course... but I did decided to stick with jurassic park, I am not going with the studio tour.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

I need to take some new pics, The one halfpipe coaster was replaced with a huge animal actors building, Van helsing has been replaced with Fear factor live... and I have decided once again to tear out JP and put in a new massive coaster themed to something big.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

wow, this park is very big and also very different now.... I have many many new pics...

New things include:
    WaterWorld stunt show
    The Munsters tribute
    Jurassic Park memoriable tour
    Canyon Blaster
    Nickelodeon Blast zone
    Giant Wheel
    Fear Factor live
    Animal Actors stages

Things removed:
    Jurassic Park River Adventure
    Gibson Theatre
    Waterwars
    old back to the future domes replaced with simulators
    Wild West stunt show
    van helsing

A lot of parts on BTTF have been rebuilt... mummy has been tinkered with.... a whole new Hollywood BLVD added.. new grove and lagoon added.... all of these pics are also kind of old... I will posts the newest of the new pictures up tomorrow night.

old JP show building.

Last edited by FantasyWatersDude; 03-15-2007 at 09:23 PM. Reason: cuz I can? :)

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

New things in park include:

Pirates of the Caribbean LIVE
    Terminator 2 3D
    Shreck 4D
    Backdraft
    Special Effects stages

*Mummy was completely refurbished.

Things removed:
    WaterWorld stunt show
    WaterWorld the ride
    Jurassic Park tour

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

NEW! Pirates of the Caribbean LIVE!

New Mummy sign.

sneak peak inside the ROTM building.

NEW! Terminator 2 3D (stands where JP entrance was.)

NEW! Special Effects stages and Backdraft! (right next to BTTF)

Backdraft didn't last long as it caught fire.

aftermath.

NEW! Shrek 4D! (right next to Fear Factor live and Terminator.

• Still lost in Neverland

You have been busy. I am wondering, do you know about the Flying Camera for making videos of the Park?
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

You have been busy. I am wondering, do you know about the Flying Camera for making videos of the Park?
    I have heard of the flying camera.. but i do not know how to use them or what I do to get them to work.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

and I am still not done....

I plan on eventually building the entire city walk, and where JP once stood, I plan on putting a launch coaster up the old JP show building which is still there. it will be themed to the Hulk. green track and new scenery etc.

BTW, POTC live is a fireworks/water show.

Also, i appoligize for once again for closing JP... the park and that ride is 61 years old... i needed a change!

here is a list of what will be removed soon.... or not soon.. but what will go next if I have any new ideas:

1.BTTF
    2.ROTM
    3.Fearfactor live
    4.Animal actors

mostlikely none of these will be removed soon as they have all been updated.... but eventually.... most likely before the park is 75 years old.
    Last edited by FantasyWatersDude; 03-21-2007 at 08:02 PM.

The Flying Camera is something that never got totally finished before the game was ready for release. Frontier did not want it in but Chris went ahead and hid it in the game. To access the FC Control Panel you press CTL+SHIFT+0 (thats zero) and new blank (except for a few buttons) will pop up at the bottom of the game. Looking at the CTL panel you will only use a few of the buttons as they are the ones that work. Many of the others do not work. Depending on the version number of the basic RCT3 program you have the buttons work by clicking on them, or if they don't, then you have to click the shadow around the button. Again look at the control panel and choose the button that says "New Route". More things will appear and the current scene your camera is looking at will be shown in the small screen in the Control Panel (CP from now on). Notice the two slide bars on the right side of the CP. One is a grayish silver and other is red. The silver one is for setting the distance away from the camera the lens is and the red one is for the speed. They are both very sensitive so the slightest movement will make a big difference. I set the silver one all the way down to the bottom and then lift it a couple of small points up. This keeps the lens close to the camera and you can still get some flowing shots but also keeps the camera from going underground or through wall in tight spaces like a queue line. There is also a bar across the top with a round button and an "S" in the button. This is were you will place your camera shots during a "Session". To start a session simply use your cursor on the large scene on your monitor to place the view where you want to start, then click the "S" button next to that top bar. You will see a small square in the bar. Your first camera position has been set. Now move the view as you normally would to the next place you want the camera to be at. You may change the direction as well as move. You are doing what in Animation is called the main shots. The program will do the "In Between" shots connecting everything. Keep moving the camera until you have completed a flying camera shoot of whatever it is you want for your first session. Keep your "Sessions" under 4 minutes in lenght if you can. You will find out why later.

Now I should have said this first, but your view camera must be set in the options menu to the Free Look option so that you can place the camera wherever you want and when you let go of the mouse, it will stay there instead of popping back up to the default view.

When you have finished your route, press the "Solo Play" and you will see your creation play full screen without any of interface icons or the control panel visible. You cannot stop the Solo Play so you just have to let it play through. You can also click the PLAY button on the control panel and the sequence will play on the small screen and you can adjust the speed and distance bars while it is playing. This one also has a stop button. Now you notice all the little squares in the top bar? They are evenly space apart. This means that the speed between the little squares will adjust to make the camera slow down or speed up to reach each little square at the same time between each square. If you press the "RECALC" button, you will see the little boxes change position so they are un-evenly spaced apart and this means the camera will maintain the same speed between them as they are now spaced properly for even speed. It's up to you, but once you recalc, you cannot go back to default. What you can do is save the sequence by clicking the "SAVE" button and a save file window will open to a special folder that RCT3 uses for these files. Name your file and press SAVE as normal. The, using the control panel, press RECALC and see if you like this one better, if not you still have the default one saved and you can either save this new version with a different name or click on NEW ROUTE to blank the screen and then press LOAD to reload the old sequence back in. As you get more familiar with the little things about this program you will find that it gets easier each time you do it.

Also after making a run through you may have found your camera was not pointed in the right direction, or went underground or through building walls, etc. If you click the little square buttons next to the screen you will end up with the route screen on your big monitor and the program will allow you to find each camera (there is an icon of a camera at each point you pressed the "S" button and a blue line connecting one to another. There are grab handles on the camera, the lens view and direction view. You can grab these at various places (you just have to experiment as it would take too long to explain it here) and try different handles until you find the one you want and then lift the camera up to make the blue line come above ground, or sideways to get the line out of a building. You cannot just grab the blue line and pull it up or sideways. For this reason, I recommend you make many camera points and this way you can lift or move the camera closest to the problem without affecting a major flight line.

When you have everything fixed the way you want, simply press the "RECORD" button and you flight path will be recorded to: mydocuments/myvideos/rct3 as a hi res Windows Media file. It will be named video ### and after you finishe you can go into that folder and give it a more meaningful name for later editing when you put all these small video files together in Movie Maker or Nero to make your movie. The record procedure is very slow, even slower than Coaster Cam. A 4 minute path can take up to 5 hours to render. And you must be there at the end. When the flight path reaches the last point on the flight line, the flight will stop and the CP will pop in again along with whatever RCT3 icons were onscreen when you started the recording. However, the recording will not stop, it will just keep on recording. You must press the CTL+SHIFT+F11 key to stop the recording and try to do it just before the CP pops in again. That way you will have a clean video from start to finish.

Now I know this sound very complicated and time consuming. Complicated yes, but only for the first couple of times you try it. After you get used to it you will find it goes very fast as you plan your route and then tweak it and then record it. The recording process is very slow and there is nothing you can do about it. However the results are fantastic. Every major player that posts videos on the RCT boards or You Tube or whatever, used this program for the fly overs and around of their parks or rides before using Coaster Cam to record a ride. Sometimes I use Coaster Cam on a peep by changing his or her name to Jonny Watts. Then you get to see what they see and you can use the CTL+SHIFT+f11 to record it, like going through tight queue lines or just walking through the Park at eye level.

You should at least play around with for awhile before saying it's not for you or too complicated. It's addictive once you get the hang of it. Like the game itself is not addictive enough! If you have any questions about it just PM me and I will help you out as best I can. If you want to see my results I have those two DVD's for free in the post about my DVD's in this thread on Mice Chat. So far Disney Wrassler, Monorail Man, Chad 4b have them and Baloo's are in the mail. Instructions and a description of the DVD's contents are in that thread.

I hope you give the flying camera a try. You might like it.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

The Flying Camera is something that never got totally finished before the game was ready for release. Frontier did not want it in but Chris went ahead and hid it in the game. To access the FC Control Panel you press CTL+SHIFT+0 (thats zero) and new blank (except for a few buttons) will pop up at the bottom of the game. Looking at the CTL panel you will only use a few of the buttons as they are the ones that work. Many of the others do not work. Depending on the version number of the basic RCT3 program you have the buttons work by clicking on them, or if they don't, then you have to click the shadow around the button. Again look at the control panel and choose the button that says "New Route". More things will appear and the current scene your camera is looking at will be shown in the small screen in the Control Panel (CP from now on). Notice the two slide bars on the right side of the CP. One is a grayish silver and other is red. The silver one is for setting the distance away from the camera the lens is and the red one is for the speed. They are both very sensitive so the slightest movement will make a big difference. I set the silver one all the way down to the bottom and then lift it a couple of small points up. This keeps the lens close to the camera and you can still get some flowing shots but also keeps the camera from going underground or through wall in tight spaces like a queue line. There is also a bar across the top with a round button and an "S" in the button. This is were you will place your camera shots during a "Session". To start a session simply use your cursor on the large scene on your monitor to place the view where you want to start, then click the "S" button next to that top bar. You will see a small square in the bar. Your first camera position has been set. Now move the view as you normally would to the next place you want the camera to be at. You may change the direction as well as move. You are doing what in Animation is called the main shots. The program will do the "In Between" shots connecting everything. Keep moving the camera until you have completed a flying camera shoot of whatever it is you want for your first session. Keep your "Sessions" under 4 minutes in lenght if you can. You will find out why later.

Now I should have said this first, but your view camera must be set in the options menu to the Free Look option so that you can place the camera wherever you want and when you let go of the mouse, it will stay there instead of popping back up to the default view.

When you have finished your route, press the "Solo Play" and you will see your creation play full screen without any of interface icons or the control panel visible. You cannot stop the Solo Play so you just have to let it play through. You can also click the PLAY button on the control panel and the sequence will play on the small screen and you can adjust the speed and distance bars while it is playing. This one also has a stop button. Now you notice all the little squares in the top bar? They are evenly space apart. This means that the speed between the little squares will adjust to make the camera slow down or speed up to reach each little square at the same time between each square. If you press the "RECALC" button, you will see the little boxes change position so they are un-evenly spaced apart and this means the camera will maintain the same speed between them as they are now spaced properly for even speed. It's up to you, but once you recalc, you cannot go back to default. What you can do is save the sequence by clicking the "SAVE" button and a save file window will open to a special folder that RCT3 uses for these files. Name your file and press SAVE as normal. The, using the control panel, press RECALC and see if you like this one better, if not you still have the default one saved and you can either save this new version with a different name or click on NEW ROUTE to blank the screen and then press LOAD to reload the old sequence back in. As you get more familiar with the little things about this program you will find that it gets easier each time you do it.

Also after making a run through you may have found your camera was not pointed in the right direction, or went underground or through building walls, etc. If you click the little square buttons next to the screen you will end up with the route screen on your big monitor and the program will allow you to find each camera (there is an icon of a camera at each point you pressed the "S" button and a blue line connecting one to another. There are grab handles on the camera, the lens view and direction view. You can grab these at various places (you just have to experiment as it would take too long to explain it here) and try different handles until you find the one you want and then lift the camera up to make the blue line come above ground, or sideways to get the line out of a building. You cannot just grab the blue line and pull it up or sideways. For this reason, I recommend you make many camera points and this way you can lift or move the camera closest to the problem without affecting a major flight line.

When you have everything fixed the way you want, simply press the "RECORD" button and you flight path will be recorded to: mydocuments/myvideos/rct3 as a hi res Windows Media file. It will be named video ### and after you finishe you can go into that folder and give it a more meaningful name for later editing when you put all these small video files together in Movie Maker or Nero to make your movie. The record procedure is very slow, even slower than Coaster Cam. A 4 minute path can take up to 5 hours to render. And you must be there at the end. When the flight path reaches the last point on the flight line, the flight will stop and the CP will pop in again along with whatever RCT3 icons were onscreen when you started the recording. However, the recording will not stop, it will just keep on recording. You must press the CTL+SHIFT+F11 key to stop the recording and try to do it just before the CP pops in again. That way you will have a clean video from start to finish.

Now I know this sound very complicated and time consuming. Complicated yes, but only for the first couple of times you try it. After you get used to it you will find it goes very fast as you plan your route and then tweak it and then record it. The recording process is very slow and there is nothing you can do about it. However the results are fantastic. Every major player that posts videos on the RCT boards or You Tube or whatever, used this program for the fly overs and around of their parks or rides before using Coaster Cam to record a ride. Sometimes I use Coaster Cam on a peep by changing his or her name to Jonny Watts. Then you get to see what they see and you can use the CTL+SHIFT+f11 to record it, like going through tight queue lines or just walking through the Park at eye level.

You should at least play around with for awhile before saying it's not for you or too complicated. It's addictive once you get the hang of it. Like the game itself is not addictive enough! If you have any questions about it just PM me and I will help you out as best I can. If you want to see my results I have those two DVD's for free in the post about my DVD's in this thread on Mice Chat. So far Disney Wrassler, Monorail Man, Chad 4b have them and Baloo's are in the mail. Instructions and a description of the DVD's contents are in that thread.

I hope you give the flying camera a try. You might like it.
    wow... well, yes I wil definatley try it and give a tour of the whole park.... but I didn't expect for me to break my wrist today.. so it will be kind of hard on me for a while to play the game with one hand. But thanks for all the info and I will try it out tonight if I start up the game.

Ooh man that must hurt. I am so sorry to hear that you broke your wrist. Please take it easy with that, the wrist is not something you want to mess with. Take your time and just rest. Again, if you have any questions, ask me. And send my your address via PM so I can send you these two DVD's I have. They are almost all done with flying camera and coaster cam. I know you will enjoy them. Music and sound effects too.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Thanks for all the replies guys!

I got on RCT3 for a little while tonight, my wrist seems to be okay, but I wont be doing any major projects on the game for now... just little small updates around the park.

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

Take your last look:

• Mountain Dew User

Blog Entries

because the Simpsons have moved in....

Ok. I am not a big Simpsons fan, but Back to the Future is being removed from Universal soon, so I guess this is OK.

Oh, and I found out that Flying Camera thingee is actually called "The Attraction Sequencer". I still prefer Flying Camera Thingee. LOL.

Thank You Poisonedapples

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast