Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• keep moving forward...

video game systems: the next generation

its official... the next syestems to hit the market will be called the ps3, the nintendo revoulution(able to play any nintendo game ever made , the gameboy micro (a smaller version of the gameboy advance)and the x-box 360

what do you guys think about this?

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by migitmouse88
    its official... the next syestems to hit the market will be called the ps3, the nintendo revoulution(able to play any nintendo game ever made , the gameboy micro (a smaller version of the gameboy advance)and the x-box 360

what do you guys think about this?
    Wait.. Where can i get small amount of specs on the nintendo project???

(I want an X box 360 and PS3....)

Just How Far Backward can it go??

• 1000th Guest!!!

Second star from the left and on to dusk.
    Yoiu can go to ign.com and read up on the line up.
    The revolution is not the nicest looking box Nintendo ever made. It seems like it is just an emulator box.

http://cube.ign.com/articles/522/522559p1.html

Revolution Technical Specs

* Stylized shell about the thickness of three DVD cases stacked flatly on top of each other
    * May come in five different colors including a sleek, glossy black and an Apple-esque white
    * Backward compatible. Plays both GameCube optical discs and proprietary 12cm discs, the latter of which may be dual-layered for upward of 8GBs storage capacity
    * Slot-loading drive with stylized blue light
    * One proprietary component/digital out located on the rear of the system
    * Two USB 2.0 ports located on the rear of the system
    * No Ethernet jack; Revolution connects to the Internet using 802.11b and 802.11g Wi-Fi wireless
    * GameCube docking station features inputs for four GCN controllers and two Memory Paks
    * Two front slots for 512MB flash memory, likely SD Card compatible
    * Utilizes wireless controllers
    * Custom-built IBM CPU, codenamed Broadway; speed and architecture undetermined at this time
    * Custom-built ATI-GPU, codenamed Hollywood; speed and architecture undetermined at this time
    * MoSys-developed 1T-SRAM solution; unknown amount of memory at this time
    * Nintendo download service: connect online and download classic NES, S-NES and N64 games
    This line left blank in good taste.

Nintendo's revolution is mostly unknown

IGN does have a faq about it but really that's not known much either

Nintendo won't reveal it because Microsoft and Sony keep stealing their ideas

the origional control pad design is obviously stolen but lets go over the rest

analog controls - stolen

rumble pack - stolen

wireless controls - stolen

plus the Playstation was built of Super Nintendo upgrade specs

anywho as far backwords as it can go? I suppose your asking about compatibility

it can play both Gamecube and Revolution disks of course and for backwords compatibility it can download off the internet any NES, SNES or N64 game that Nintendo is able to make available

think of it like an Ipod type service or whatever, you can buy a game calling card typ dealy to download any Nintendo game you want and there may also be games as part of buying incitives and as special treats for users and for third parties it'll probably cost more it all depends

Revolution will also have a free online gaming service and Nintendo said it will be much like the free service going online for the DS this year which means that any online Nintendo game is free to play multiplayer online for sure (third parties can decide what they want to do and how they will manage it)

really though everyone is best waiting for all the systems to launch and then making their decision

every game for the Xbox360 launch this Christmas season is going to be on every other console and will probably not make real use of the systems power

Sony totaly fudged numbers and demos in E3 Nvidia has even gone out and said that the PS3's graphics chip isn't fully designed every video shown at E3 was prerendered and not done in real time on the PS3 (not new Sony lied tons on the PS2's power pre launch)

• Que que no-tu-rah.

Well first off, the official name of Nintendo's next consloe is not yet known. The name Revolution is still a code name - a place holder if you will, until a final name can be decided upon.

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider
    Revolution will also have a free online gaming service and Nintendo said it will be much like the free service going online for the DS this year which means that any online Nintendo game is free to play multiplayer online for sure (third parties can decide what they want to do and how they will manage it)
    To me, this is the most exciting news to come out of the recent E3 conference. Free wireless online games from Nintendo! Not only that but the ability to download NES, SNES and N64 games for play on the Revolution AND it will also play GCN discs? Amazing! Nintendo still has to let know how much these dowloads will cost (if anything) and reveal their online interface, but how can long-time gamers not be excited by this information?

On top of that the Nintendo DS had a great showing at E3, easily showing the largest number of games (about 50 I think) and generating lots of buzz.

The future looks bright for Nintendo.
    What if the Hokey-Pokey really is what it's all about?

• wasting time

I have a question about the new Nintendo system:

When you download the older games will they look & play exactly as they did on their original gaming consoles or will they have some minor tweaks made to them ?

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Minion
    I have a question about the new Nintendo system:

When you download the older games will they look & play exactly as they did on their original gaming consoles or will they have some minor tweaks made to them ?
    They're still trying to figure out what they're doing with the controller, so once they announce one that is compatible for every type of game over the span of the companies American existence, they'll announce whether they had to make changes to classic games...

Smart move for Nintendo to have uber-backward compatibility. Otherwise, they would have been ready to bust a Sega...

• Minion

Sony totaly fudged numbers and demos in E3 Nvidia has even gone out and said that the PS3's graphics chip isn't fully designed every video shown at E3 was prerendered and not done in real time on the PS3 (not new Sony lied tons on the PS2's power pre launch)
    Where did you hear this? I was at E3 and Sony confirmed that the video was gameplay. While the verdict is still out, Nvidia hasn't said anything of the sort... The only thing mentioned at E3 about a system not really running on the system was the Xbox 360. They were basically being run on dev. units.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian
    Where did you hear this? I was at E3 and Sony confirmed that the video was gameplay. While the verdict is still out, Nvidia hasn't said anything of the sort... The only thing mentioned at E3 about a system not really running on the system was the Xbox 360. They were basically being run on dev. units.
    http://www.gamesarefun.com/news.php?newsid=5063

every video at E3 was prerendered and was not run on actual PS3 hadware

none of the systems are final and the PS3 isn't nearly as final as the Xbox360 is were development kits go

if I'm not mistaken many of the companies who's demo movies have been shown have later stated that they were in fact pre rendered

They're still trying to figure out what they're doing with the controller, so once they announce one that is compatible for every type of game over the span of the companies American existence, they'll announce whether they had to make changes to classic games...

Smart move for Nintendo to have uber-backward compatibility. Otherwise, they would have been ready to bust a Sega...
    yes and no

we don't know if you will be able to play the old games on the new controler but it's a good assumption that you will

it should be noted though that the Revolution did have GC controler ports on it and the GC controler has buttons that can work as buttons for almost any Nintendo system already made

• is confuzzled.

Unlikely. If this article's facts are right, nintendo is just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by disneyland dude
    Unlikely. If this article's facts are right, nintendo is just fine.
    Thank you! Everyone is always waiting for Nintendo to go the way of Sega, but all along Nintendo has been besting everyone else. Remember the N64 vs PlayStation era? Sony declared themselves the winner simply by number of systems sold, but Nintendo made a much bigger profit than Sony did.

Anyway, I'm also the most excited about the Revolution. Both the XBox 360 and the PS3 underwhelmed me. I'm really excited about the backwards compatability for the NES/SNES/N64 games, but then again the GameCube was supposed to be online, so I won't hold my breath.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Ness
    Thank you! Everyone is always waiting for Nintendo to go the way of Sega, but all along Nintendo has been besting everyone else. Remember the N64 vs PlayStation era? Sony declared themselves the winner simply by number of systems sold, but Nintendo made a much bigger profit than Sony did.

Anyway, I'm also the most excited about the Revolution. Both the XBox 360 and the PS3 underwhelmed me. I'm really excited about the backwards compatability for the NES/SNES/N64 games, but then again the GameCube was supposed to be online, so I won't hold my breath.
    Not likely. It has just been reported that Sony has sold the most systems ever in one generation...

Quote Originally Posted by 1up.com
    As of June 2, 90 million units of Sony's PlayStation 2 have shipped to stores worldwide, with 36 million of the computer entertainment system being shipped to North America. Accompanying the consoles, over 800 million games for the console have hit the market.
    And another article in the most recent issue of Home Media Retailing (the main magazine of Blockbuster, Hollywood, Gamestop, and EB Games) said that a nation wide survey concluded that the Sony PSP is the hottest new item among retailers. Consumers who were going to buy a handheld in the near future were most likely to buy a PSP (44%). The Nintendo DS came in at 33%, with the Nokia N-Gage holding a ridiculous 4%.

Another article shows that the UMD format is breaking records, as two movies have sold over 100,000 copies. More and more studios are supporting the format, and if the DVD/UMD bundle catches on, expect even higher sales.

The fact that Nintendos "PSP killer" is simply a smaller version of its "Advance" generation is not a good sign. Either. The Christmas season should be an interesting one to say the least.

• Banned User

Nintendo should talk with Sega about having Sega's old games as well... imagin Sonic 1-3.....

That was a fun game thich prompted my friend to get Sega Genisiss.. we played just for that game.. then played everything else on SNES

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    Nintendo should talk with Sega about having Sega's old games as well... imagin Sonic 1-3.....

That was a fun game thich prompted my friend to get Sega Genisiss.. we played just for that game.. then played everything else on SNES
    They already released exact emulations of those and more Sonic games for GameCube in Sonic Mega Collection.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast