• Minion

Gamecube on the PSP?!?!

[YOUTUBE]<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/koOSjTEG8Mk"></param><param">http://www.youtube.com/v/koOSjTEG8Mk"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/koOSjTEG8Mk" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>[/YOUTUBE]

There's a whole underground PSP scene that has been there since day one. Almost anything is possible through homebrew. Since the PSP's debut, it has been used to control an actual honda civic at CES, connect to a person's house and control everything from the windows, to the garage, to the TV, and more...

Supposedly a tutorial will be written to explain how this new development is possible. I'm skeptical, but wow, pretty impressive!

• Circle of Ancients

Re: Gamecube on the PSP?!?!

Was that the Blair Witch Project 3 - GameCube's attack???

It looks cool ... but why couldn't they keep the camera still?

Sad Re: Gamecube on the PSP?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot View Post
    Was that the Blair Witch Project 3 - GameCube's attack???

It looks cool ... but why couldn't they keep the camera still?
    Will never know

• We're number one!

Wow. So the only good games to play on the PSP are GC games?!

isn't this basically the same thing as those Wii on GBA mods you see on the internet from time to time were they've just setup the system to be puppeted as a TV?

isn't the PS3 also going to eventually be able to beam the TV to your PSP at some point?

• Disneyland is your land.

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyBear View Post

Thinking on your feet!!!!! Gotta love it!
    Class of 2005...

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by SpookyBear View Post
    I would have taken offense to that if there was anything actually good on GC

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    isn't this basically the same thing as those Wii on GBA mods you see on the internet from time to time were they've just setup the system to be puppeted as a TV?
    Nope, the PSP can emulate just about every (previous gen) platform out there. I've played Mario 64 on my PSP once. The person who made the video is claiming that the GC game is running on the PSP itself. There are still a lot of skeptics at this point.

isn't the PS3 also going to eventually be able to beam the TV to your PSP at some point?
    You can already do that. Currently it's just around the house, but eventually it'll work like a Location Free player/upgraded slingbox. You'll be able to watch/control your TV/TiVo/DVD Player/etc from anywhere in the world via wifi on your PSP, PDA, or laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulquarian View Post
    I would have taken offense to that if there was anything actually good on GC

Nope, the PSP can emulate just about every (previous gen) platform out there. I've played Mario 64 on my PSP once. The person who made the video is claiming that the GC game is running on the PSP itself. There are still a lot of skeptics at this point.

You can already do that. Currently it's just around the house, but eventually it'll work like a Location Free player/upgraded slingbox. You'll be able to watch/control your TV/TiVo/DVD Player/etc from anywhere in the world via wifi on your PSP, PDA, or laptop.
    oh I'm sure the PSP can emulate the N64 Playstation Saturn and any system below them just fine the problem with this emulation is that the PSP to my knowledge isn't more powerful then the GC (isn't it a little less then the PS2? or maybe a little less in some areas a little more in others) and even if it is ussualy for emulation you require a system that is significatly faster then whatever system your emulating (one of the reasons why the PS1 never got good SNES emulation the PS1 wasn't significantly stronger then the SNES except for it's 3D processing capablities)

The other flaw is that if this were possible you'd think we'd have seen GC and PS2 games running on Xbox, heck I've yet to see a good PS2 emulator out there and GC emulation is spotty too the other thing that makes me doubtful is the presence of the Wavebird. Am I to believe that not only did this guy get the game running on the PSP hardware but he also managed to get his wave bird to interface directly with the PSP? that's alot of work and I don't remeber hearing of any promo screenshots of it in any gaming sites like usual modders would do yeah you can pretty much place me in the skeptic catagory. I guess especialy with that TV streaming ability (which I must admit is pretty damn cool)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Jspider View Post
    oh I'm sure the PSP can emulate the N64 Playstation Saturn and any system below them just fine the problem with this emulation is that the PSP to my knowledge isn't more powerful then the GC (isn't it a little less then the PS2? or maybe a little less in some areas a little more in others) and even if it is ussualy for emulation you require a system that is significatly faster then whatever system your emulating (one of the reasons why the PS1 never got good SNES emulation the PS1 wasn't significantly stronger then the SNES except for it's 3D processing capablities) The other flaw is that if this were possible you'd think we'd have seen GC and PS2 games running on Xbox, heck I've yet to see a good PS2 emulator out there and GC emulation is spotty too the other thing that makes me doubtful is the presence of the Wavebird. Am I to believe that not only did this guy get the game running on the PSP hardware but he also managed to get his wave bird to interface directly with the PSP? that's alot of work and I don't remeber hearing of any promo screenshots of it in any gaming sites like usual modders would do yeah you can pretty much place me in the skeptic catagory I gues especialy with that TV streaming ability (which I must admit is pretty damn cool)
    I know that through homebrew apps, you can change the clock speed of the PSP, so theoratically, it's feasible to get the PSP to run as fast as a GC. Graphic wise, it may not be as pretty.

I've heard of many attempts, but I'm not sure as of yet. I can't wait to see the write up.