Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Banned User

Re: Spamming and 'Double Posting' Issues

Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo View Post
    I personally see no problems with it. If you are addressing several different posts at one time, multiple posts make things much more streamlined and clearer. It makes things easier on the eyes, in my opinion. Work on spelling and grammar first.
    but multi quote is easy now.... its easier and cleaner.. imagine if a thread stater had the entire page 3 to him/herself due to replying to posts on page 1 and 2...

it is better Netiquette (it is a word..) and cleaner. not to mention keeps threads from being closed faster, and easier to find issues.

Now if the reply was a few hours later, i understand, but sometimes it is 5 minutes and the thread is still near the top.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986 View Post
    but multi quote is easy now.... its easier and cleaner.. imagine if a thread stater had the entire page 3 to him/herself due to replying to posts on page 1 and 2...

it is better Netiquette (it is a word..) and cleaner. not to mention keeps threads from being closed faster, and easier to find issues.

Now if the reply was a few hours later, i understand, but sometimes it is 5 minutes and the thread is still near the top.
    Then we will agree to disagree. I just think there are more important things to worry about
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

• RAWRR(:

Well I guess it is also sometimes like someone will ask something like what time does this VMK Host game open and if they don't get a reply in a couple minutes they'll post something like "?". I guess it just gets annoying since we have an edit button. I have no idea who actually drilled the idea into every MCvmk poster that double posting was not allowed on MiceChat, but they sure did a good job of it. Lol. It got to the point where I would edit my post to something like sorry for double posting, if I did.

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

At some point, it becomes like trolling.
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

• Not slow but slowslow

Why do a lot of people think spamming is posting useless stuff when it says here it is doing something with websites?
    Thanks Rosie for the signature

• 1 vs. 100 Mob Member

SEATTLE. WE HAVE GOOD COFFEE. AND RAIN. BUT MOSTLY COFFEE. WATCH FRASIER KTHXBI

I think double posting is acceptable if the person really has something else to say and doesn't want to edit their former post and put it there because it wouldn't make sense, waits a while and no one else posts, then apologizes for the double post and tries to do it only when neccesary. -pants-
    Frappucinos. The stuff of life.

It's chaos out there.
    KAAYYY-AWWWWUSSS!

•   
    • Sponge & A Rusty Spanner

Quote Originally Posted by slowslow View Post
    Why do a lot of people think spamming is posting useless stuff when it says here it is doing something with websites?
    Because it is spamming, according to the broader definition of the term. Here at Micechat, the board uses a narrower definition of spamming, but the original meaning is unwanted chatter that clogs the air (or other communication medium) so as to make it impossible for you to have the conversation you want. It is derived from a Monte Python skit where a bunch of Vikings are in a room saying and shouting "Spam, spam, spam, spam" and no one can say or hear anything else over the noise.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spam_%28Monty_Python%29
    Fight On! Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12